Hard Light is now Soft Light after GU36

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by jr1nc, Mar 25, 2014.

1. jr1nc Dedicated Player

I've been playing Hard Light since Fight For The Light dropped. Been legendary since launch! I love DCUO and I am always up for changes! I've never played another power! I stood by HL even after they nurfed the powers but i dealt with these changes! GU36 is a huge change for HL I will continue and try the test server and work around these changes but im 100% sure this change is not the HL I grew to learn!

Combos are not working as intended on GU36 test!
    And even though Im on USPC I cant stand mouse and keyboard so I use a XBOX360 controller
    Here are my videos on HL before and after!
    But if this is how HL is I may consider on playing a different game! please look into combos and fix these issues
    Timing is not the issue the combo's are not working as intended !

Before Update
    as you can see ive used most of my combos with hardly any power and took the time to execute different combinations yes Fan is used at the end of every combo ! i can deal without fan! but these are the combos that we can use! Also i really didnt clip as much!

After Update
    as you can see i tried to use the same combos but failed multiple times! I honestly dont think its a timing issue, but there is something seriously wrong with HL here! This isnt the HL I learned! I honestly feel like ive been nurfed instead of HL lol... but i did get some clipping out of it and FAN is useless now infact it should be removed from all combos! but thats my opinon! to HL is now SL please fix the combos atleast! BTW i dont care about jump canceling at this point I care about playing HL
    • Like x 13
  2. Brice Allen Loyal Player

It has to be bugged. There is just no way possible THAT is what they want to go Live. If they do...well yeah there just aren't words for it. So glad I was never good at HL or I would be so angry. lol. I mean you were doing the combos EXTREMELY slow, like snail pace, and you still couldn't get them to register properly. I want to see what Kaiser can pull off since Chill has quit (miss you big guy:().
    • Like x 12
  3. jr1nc Dedicated Player

I can work around this but it may be bugged! I cant see myself making a new toon then after 1 year of playing it have learn it again lol
  4. Brice Allen Loyal Player

I just logged on to Test to try and yeah...HL is just garbage. It can't be right. It is something like Claw - 1 Second Pause - Hard Claw clip Ram - 1 Second Pause - Snap Trap. It is ridiculous how bad this is. And this sympathy is coming from a guy who doesn't play HL at all on Live.
    • Like x 16
  5. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I wonder why people feel the urge to shot at the same target practice that you are using XD. It happens all the time. If I see someone using one, I move on another and if none is available, I wait a few minutes. People don't stay there long, after all.

I don't know if they applied the same delay principle to Quantum, but I noticed that after the activation of warped reality the character has an annoying moment of pause in which he doesn't act. (about 1 second)

My positive and hopeful guess is that the worsening of the HL power is just a temporary and unfortunate condition that will be corrected by the weapon mastery. Perhaps the devs are going to include something that will give to the weapons the clipping power that is now missing from HL. It's just a wild guess, however.
  6. jr1nc Dedicated Player

after 2 hours of gameplay on the test server there are some good things but i feel like the combo rotations need to be fixed! some combos do not go into rotation so i just deal with what i can at the moment i will put up another video with clipping
    • Like x 2
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

On test, tonight, every dummy had 3-5 people on it. There was no moving on to another dummy and there was no waiting (or you'd never get in).
    • Like x 6
  8. Brice Allen Loyal Player

That I do NOT hope for. Weapon Mastery should not be used by SOE to "correct" anything. Power sets need to be balanced on their own merit. Not in the hopes that Weapon Mastery will make it all better.
    • Like x 19
  9. Smackalot New Player

Couldn't have put it better myself.
    • Like x 8
  10. Giggles Loyal Player

@DS

First this game is NOTHING like WoW, at all. Let's not exaggerate. DC is still the fastest MMO on the market.

Secondly the speed is still fine. I don't see the problem. Everything is being balanced. It's a step in the right direction. Something this game has needed for a long, LONG time. :)

@Brice

These delays are needed. They are needed to ensure balance across all sets. It is a new DCUO, embrace the change and learn to play the new DCUO. It really is a breath of fresh air after you play with it for a few hours. I was on earlier when there was no one on. :)
    • Like x 2
  11. Smackalot New Player

Funny you talk about balance when gadgets is getting nerfed and rage is still exaggeratedly & ridiculously overpowered.
    • Like x 1
  12. jr1nc Dedicated Player

honestly there is something wrong with the rotation on the test server! if you play HL you will see what im trying to point out! I dont care about jump cancels, as well as FAN and PT it really does not bother me! the combos are not being played out! but one thing i can agree on is after a few hours there is some good changes being made after all and yes there are bugs that need to be fixed!
    • Like x 6
  13. Sore Steadfast Player

Keep in mind that this is day-one of the test server. Some things we're experiencing right now might actually be bugs. After that, consider that the animation timings were meant to be a starting point upon which they make additional base damage adjustments, e.g. for powers with lengthened animation times but are currently doing the same damage as before. After that, consider that HL has a mini-revamp coming upon which more fundamental mechanics might get adjusted. I'm not trying to inspire false confidence. I'm just trying to illustrate that the experience today is probably not your final experience. If you can, try to hone in on what reasonable compromise opportunities might exist.
    • Like x 12
  14. jr1nc Dedicated Player

after 2 hours of testing HL

• Like x 1
  15. jr1nc Dedicated Player

I figured there are some adjustment that need to be made! I was so lost cause this is the first time i ever been on the test server! But i hope my feedback is something they can consider
    • Like x 1
  16. Smackalot New Player

So the only option left for HL is the "get knocked down due to pvp mechanics" option. Sweet.
    • Like x 1
  17. Grid Ion Committed Player

Wow this is so bad...
  18. BlackSuperGirl Committed Player

Agree HL was nerfed, combo time was changed cuz this Rage is overpower now, alot HL players are changin for Rage
    they nerf HL cuz did alot money yet now Rage time, thats sad but is true
  19. Igote New Player

Now try use Fan + Snap Trap + Fan combo and cry with me
    • Like x 1
  20. Brice Allen Loyal Player

I unignored your comments in this thread just to see what nonsense you might be spewing this time and I might as well respond since you directed a comment towards me.

There are those of us who are disgusted by the "new DCUO". Is it as slow as WoW? Heck no, but I can tell you this. Wildstar has the capability to have combat almost as fast as DCUO after GU36. And that's bad. The highlight of DCUO for some people is the speed of combat. Once that is lost there is nothing holding some people here. I'm here till 5/15/14 at which time my sub runs out. I more than likely won't be renewing unless what appears to me to be massive bugs and issues with the GU 36 Combat System are fixed. But sadly I think in the end you are right in that this is what SOE wants DCUO to be like. Unfortunately for me and pretty much 99% of the people I choose to play with this is not what we want. So while the Combat Updates might not effect my play style that much since I am a Controller majority of the time it does effect the player pool I choose to surround myself with. And with a good number of them going to Wildstar or just simply out right quitting means, as painful as it is, it is probably just time to move on.
    • Like x 15