Hard Light is now Soft Light after GU36

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by jr1nc, Mar 25, 2014.

1. BigAl Devoted Player

The dummies on pvp had 2 people, my league mate and myself . :D

I'm not going to get overly involved in this discussion, but I would like to point of that what the devs are attempting to do seems fair enough to me. I tested Rage a bit for U36, and indeed a few of the powers are slower to get off. But this in no way affected my game play. I have learned that this isn't a setback for me, but an evolution. If I can't learn to adapt to the evolution, I will be left behind.
    That being said, there is likely something wrong, as Sore has stated, because this is the first published build. There are going to be changes (especially after all the HLers start to flame) and it will likely get better.
    And for all those that claim Rage is OP, I imagine they haven't run with any Celestial dps.
    • Like x 2
  2. jr1nc Dedicated Player

I am not upset just a little disappointed, once again i don't care about the animation or it being slow, the rotations are not working as intended and all I ask if they look into it! Timing is not a issue! And i will continue to work with it! But as a HL there are some bugs that need to be address
  3. OVERWATCH Well-Known Player

I do not want to be an **** so i am going to put this the best way. I have seen far better rage dps than the top celestial dps in my league, there is no comparison between these two. Put 2 experienced people on these power sets and they will know most likely which one is "OP". As for the topic: i have been a HL dps/troll since an hour after the release of fight for the light, i have seen alot of nerfs and have gotten used to them. But this is going too far, they are disabling jump canceling (most probably) and if what i see on the test servers is going to live, i will not hesitate to switch to rage or any other power, i am a die hard HL player, not a fan but a "player". And if these are just minor bugs, i would be more than happy to stay HL. All i can say for now is to give the test servers some time and checck back later, Cheers!
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, it's supposed to be an option, not a necessity. I hope it doesn't become so.
    • Like x 5
  5. MrHoiPolloi Well-Known Player

Sadly, based on the current build on test, I agree with you. My credit card was compromised last week. It is the one I've paid my subscription with since launch. Got the new card yesterday and was going to apply the new number to my account. Ended up trying out test before I updated the credit card number....now it is pending.
    • Like x 1
  6. Drakonicus New Player

"Soft Light, Hard Light, little ball of fur,
    Soft, Light, Hard Light, come on,
    burn, burn, BURN"

disclaimer: harmless joke about the title. No hard light player was meant to be offended by this post.
    • Like x 3
  7. NeoSelkie Active Player

Can Confirm

I've already decided on leaving for wildstar if these changes go to live as is. I loved the combat system and speed of dcuo and have played it for years because it had a combat system like no other game. Without that uniqueness there is nothing special for me here. I play a tank on uspc so these changes won't effect me very much but it affects those i play with as well and i have seen a huge reduction in online players (the ones i know) as of late.
    • Like x 2
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

This game?

[IMG]
  9. EvilSnake Well-Known Player

they said it was an option but clearly they meant the only option also $10 please
    • Like x 1
  10. EvilSnake Well-Known Player

mepps stated in a diff thread that this is probably because of the changes to animation times so i'm guessing intended
  11. Brice Allen Loyal Player

That's the one...except you are looking at one boring screen shot. Here is a slightly more action packed screen shot for Wildstar ;) :
    [IMG]
    I think that is a screen shot of a 5 man Dungeon (Alert)...might just be 5 friends together. Obviously in both screen shots (yours and mine) the characters aren't fully leveled as neither have enough powers to fill out their loadout bar.
    • Like x 2
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

I watched some of the Odyssey streams of this, and maybe I just missed the good parts, but it looked boring as hell to me.
    • Like x 2
  13. Sore Steadfast Player

I see the use of tray abilities and it looks like telegraphs and blocking and dodging and weaving might be fairly active. Does it have a weapon combo system? How many inputs are used in that system? For example, DCUO has a button for melee and a button for range bringing a depth of taps and holds across both. ESO has just one button for weapon attacks that might be as simple as just tap and hold...maybe some combos but certainly not as deep as DCUO across two buttons. FF16 would just be auto-attack and tray abilities. Where does Wildstar's weapon attacks fit in? That's one thing that's not really going away in DCUO with GU36 and is a primary factory to why I enjoy the game (besides the DC license). It's still a MMO coming awefully close(r) to fighting games like Tekken and DOA. The speed may slow down (for some powersets) but the depth of mechanics is still quite rich.
    • Like x 4
  14. Brice Allen Loyal Player

I tried it and thought the same thing to be honest. I got to like Level 8 and was like blah...screw it (had a Beta pass for a weekend). Apparently though the game is indeed boring as hell until you get to like Level 20+ (Max Level is 50 and I'm not sure what Level Oddy guys were up to). Reason it becomes more fun is because Dungeons become available and apparently they are a blast. I know the videos I watched of them are amazing. Then comes the 20 man Raids later on and there are 40 man Raids. I can't imagine how much chaos goes on in those things. lol
  15. NeoSelkie Active Player

I played during the last beta weekend a lot and got to lvl 17. Its like most mmos, the early leveling is boring as hell and its gets better as you level up. I started having fun when i hit 15 and got a bike. The next large step was going into a dungeon at 17 with a group of people. We only got to like 2 bosses before we couldnt beat any more bosses without wiping. These were low level boss fights (lvl 20) but they were still extremely fun. You have to be aware of your surroundings and if you die its most likely your fault because you were standing in the bosses telegraph multiple times.
  16. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

bro stop caving in to this weapon mastery ******** they **** up my favorite power just for it and tryna force people to use it when it come im so ******* angry at this ****
  17. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

thank u for saying it in a better way than me
  18. jr1nc Dedicated Player

well this looks like the end of HL i will enjoy it until GU36! sorry but i just did AnB and HL is ruined .. i really tried multiple rotations and yet seems to be slower then ever and not to mention the rotations are broken people are talking about the timing window but there is no window to play with in GU36 it is broken! after GU36 comes out and lantern feels like this i will not play DCUO anymore! i will hangup my cape for sure!
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

They've said some combos are bugged, so that will be fixed. Wait until then to judge for sure.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Well, I think that what will be introduced by weapon mastery will make the use of weapons much more interesting. I don't think that weapon mastery is going to be a fix for the nerfing, rather a complement. They might had slowed down the powers just because the introduction of this new feature might make them too unbalanced. It's just another way to see the situation. However, till we have more information about that, we can only guess.