GU73: The Stats Revamp - July 21, 2017

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Not having synthetic mods isn't the end of the world, we haven't got updated synthetics in such a long time anyway so that looked to me like the dev's didn't really like that idea anyway and it was just a matter of time till they went away. And like i said the stats on them under the revamp stats would be super low anyway. If someone wants synthetic lvl mods or even a bit better they take hardly anything to craft. Also with the revamp comes many changes and this is just one of them.
    • Like x 2
  2. street0018 New Player

So are we getting the power respect token like u guys said in this video?
    Min 3:20
    • Like x 5
  3. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Only took 18 pages before someone brought it up.
    • Like x 3
  4. Celestial Powers Committed Player

USr Mini Epic Odyssey at CR201, 7/8 Solo Heal, Solo Troll

USe Gentleman Ghost Fight at CR201, 8/8 Solo Troll

Please watch both, look at the DPS and Tank power bars and look at mine, when I need to heal it's a struggle yet DPS get all the power in the world as well as never going below 50% power bar. Don't really know what else to show you, DPS have been given way too much generosity in regards to power whilst Healers struggle and Tanks also barely use any. It's basically AM level except Healers are the only support class struggling because when we need to heal we need to clip a variety of heals and constant intensive situations mean i go 100 to 0 in no time flat, how am I supposed to manage my power pool when the immediate threat requires that output of healing?

Why should I a Healer have to spec into power when the DPS role doesn't have to? Update after update power always seems to get better for them whilst we're left with the remark to just mod for power, it's insulting. Power Pools before this revamp were like those for a reason, with Tanks being the lowest, DPS and Trolls in the middle and with the healing side having the biggest power pool.

Besides from this rant, just let me know if you have any other questions in regards to the elite run, we did not pass ghost and ghost was the only boss we tried.

I was specced with the Power Mastery in the elite run and Hybrid in the USr run. I modded for my main stats, resto in yellows, resto health in blues and resto prec in oranges. I modded resto in my op rings so I didn't receive the 750~ power from those. Gen mods were resto and power special forces, other mods were special forces.

Bare in mind, this is Celestial before the combo costs get fixed to go even higher.

I would also add, I haven't done these raids on the live servers, so while it looks like I may spam in areas, I don't know the fight, I can't anticipate what damage will follow when or where.
    • Like x 7
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You know if they kept the power pool formula the same as live, tanks have the lowest, dps and trolls are mid, and healers have the largest, this probably wouldn't even be an issue right now.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

This is why i said back when Might was fused with power in the stat tree, that all the main stats (vit, resto, dom) should get the same treatment as Might (Precision really doesnt need it).
    • Like x 2
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Give healers bigger power pools and that should ease up on things a bit, or just adjust healing cost. Its pretty crazy how much power you can go through with some healing powers. I've only really tried nature and celestial but both of those have extremely high costs.
    • Like x 4
  8. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Every last bit of this and then some! I'm a very clip heavy healer with Celestial so this power situation hurts me more than anything. If you clip its an automatic out of power..It's absolutely ridiculous how the healing powers are getting hung out to dry with this GU. Why should healers have to sacrifice their main stats to spec into power? Who really wants to give up that Restoration to spec power as a healer?!?! Not to mention with the condition of HoTs atm, you really can't afford the Restoration loss to get the needed amount of power..
    • Like x 2
  9. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

As mentioned above will we get some sort of power tokens for members or whatever once this revamp drops? Or was this dropped? Already seen a last minute surprise that most people disliked, hope this isn't randomly dropped either.
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

hes right
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I don't mean to be Johnny Raincloud (and I agree healing costs are too high) but these videos really only served to prove the devs' point. Why was healing so excessive here? Was it because the team was taking too much damage? No, it was because virtually no one was obeying the mechanics. You had 2 tanks, but dps still died during the Gentleman Ghost fight because 1 tank is always supposed to be furthest from him but wasn't. Nobody was blocking during the US fight, on skull, with the bombing, etc. You guys didn't keep the soldiers from carrying bombs out the portal (again, in spite of having 2 tanks).

Now, I realize this is how people play on live right now. But the devs have said they're trying to enforce people following the mechanics. You shouldn't have had to heal nearly the amount you did. Whether this changes (people actually have to follow mechanics or not) in the future remains to be seen.
  12. Celestial Powers Committed Player

And those people ended up getting one shot, you've missed the point, the videos weren't to demonstrate the difficulty of the content, rather the costs of the power pools of all the roles being way out of wack as well as the regeneration of DPS being ridiculous.

The one shots are due to the failure of adhering to mechanics, which is fine, nothing a healer can do about that and that's how it is on live too. But the fact that we're back at only needing one troll because of how power is right now basically nulls the one the points of removing AMs to begin.

If you're expecting every pug in this game to play perfectly, you're expecting too much, healers are supposed to be able to at least have a chance to react and remedy the mistakes of their group members otherwise wheres the fun in the role?
    • Like x 4
  13. Mighty Committed Player

I would like to point out, my friend, that the charming and roguishly handsome hard light DPS consumed more power than the second- and third-most power hungry people combined.
    • Like x 6
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Look at your videos again (asking politely, lol). They don't get one-shotted (except with GG). All of the damage that everyone is taking, besides the tank and 1 melee dps, is because they're not following mechanics. Every time. I watched the videos carefully.

Edit reason: to add one point.

Basically, the devs are saying, no one except the tank (and some risky melee dps) should be taking damage in instances. The only exceptions would be if the boss (like in Typhon's) damages everyone in an unavoidable manner. Against Zeus, for example, you should only need to heal the tank and briefly someone with the DoT prior to cleanse. No one else should be taking damage at all.
  15. Mighty Committed Player

To be fair, some of the folks in the video are PS folks playing on toasters with the effects turned almost off. I wasn't seeing air strikes or grenades. I didn't block for electricity though because it's not a one-shot and OC usually had his one immunity for us.
    • Like x 3
  16. gemii Dedicated Player

is that because he was using higher power cost moves or is HL just bad with power now when you pftt?
  17. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

If you clip your combos you are gonna dry your power bar really quick; if you do the infinite chain combo your are gonna do inferior damage. God forbid you use Robot Sidekick...
    • Like x 1
  18. Mighty Committed Player

It's bad with power when you pfttt. It's horrible at damage when you hybrid.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I´m a really bad player, i should´t be giving any feedback here.
    I´m just gonna leave now, best regards...
    [IMG]
  20. Elpower Active Player

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand.

raids = 8 players instances (if you cant solo heal, dont complain, ask for 2 healers run, same applies to trolls)

alerts = 4 players (you can solo heal HERE)

Adapt to the instance, dont complain if the game dont adapt to your preferences.

Keep playing with friends, thats all.
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.