GU73: The Stats Revamp - July 21, 2017

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light FX Steadfast Player

Been standing in the WT for last 30 mins waiting to do some league runs and ive been inspecting people. SO MANY PEOPLE WITH SYNTHETIC MODS. Way too many to even count. This change really needs to be rethought. I dont think whoever made this decision is playing the game daily on more then 1 toon or does dual role. Cause they would easily see how this change is going to affect A LOT of players.

Look the reason the r/d economy was drastically changed is because of exobytes in time capsules. There has been a bunch of feedback where people asked for exobytes to be removed from TCs since the 1st TC went live. A bunch of feedback to add T7 syn mods. Instead they remove the existing syn mods and keep exobytes in the TCs. Where is the breakdown in communication here? How do we keep getting told our feedback is super important but when we give it on issues like this it seems to get dismissed? Its beyond frustrating.
    • Like x 8
  2. bmce84 Loyal Player

Sorry but I just can't come back to an essentially stat clamped game, lower raids shouldn't be a challenge after you out leveled them by nearly 150 CR (and pretty much SP), it's just ridiculous and if you think the community was toxic when we could one shot things (as we should be able to), what do you think will happen when even high CR (or SP or whatever you want to say) can't do more than a player at level. I don't want to only be efficient at the current level, I want my progress to show and that's not possible anymore so why even bother farming or getting better gear if I'm still not strong enough to take on content solo (that's old and low, I understand not being able to solo T6 and 7 raids, but come on T5 and 4 raids are also not soloable). BTW it's also an issue on alerts, you guys clearly don't want players outside their current tier so how you think this will make the community and the game better is beyond me. Anyway I'll wait until the hotfix (because you know it will happen) to even think of returning.
    • Like x 4
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I agree the R&D numbers do need to be looked at, the grind needs to be decreased and the essence needs to be account bound.

This needs to be looked at and the synths should remain removed.
    • Like x 2
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

You know it boils down to replay badges, it's the ultimate shortcut and regardless of what you think synths did or not as long as you could get them by suing replay badges it was an issue, a player only farming marks when content was unlocked still had a lot of farming ahead, but a player with replay badges could just farm a single raid and get a mod each time, in a day he could fit a toon with a full set of mods. Synth mods weren't bad and they shouldn't be removed, it's the way to obtain them that was the issue. I believe we should still have them but they can be made even weaker than they where, to instead of give you a full set of bonuses they could be made to only apply the base stat and not the socket bonus. And as you said farming right now is an issue, and just not viable for alts, but devs just don't want players to use alts so having them is actually a burden anyway so players might as well just drop theirs.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I don't disagree that the r&d components required to craft real mods is out of control, it is out of control.

Synthetic mods are a blight on the game because they undermine the grind for real mods. The problem is that the developers have gone about this the wrong way.

They should have reduced the grind for the real mods to a more realistic level, because honestly the simple and complex materials is out of control.

And then at the same time they should have removed the synthetic mods; just ripping the mods out of the game though with literally no warning is however very uncool, despite the fact I agree with the logic behind the reasons it has been done... I do not however, agree with the methods.
    • Like x 3
  6. silikyan Well-Known Player

7. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Here's my 2 cents for mods, especially if synthetics are going away:

1. Scale back the usage of simples and complexes in lower mods, especially T4 and below.
    2. Re-align the pricing of EI's... ideally have them max out at 2000 cash, otherwise, at least drop the T4 down to 2000, the T3 down to 1500, the T2 down to 1000, and the T1 down to 500.
    3. Adjust the mod scaling, such that by T4, it'll be close to what t6 synthetic mods used to get you.

Since the market is flooded with exobytes from the TCs, this should get EVERYONE building more mods. As is right now, after T1, no non-legendary player has access to better mods unless they bug others to buy the EIs for them. Synthetics lessened this divide, but the divide slowly opened up as t6 fell further and further behind. If synthetics are going bye-bye altogether, there HAS to be a plan for non-legendary-but-still-paying players.
  8. DarkAya Dedicated Player

So basically they want us all to have Legendary access and grind like crazy in order to mod?
    Oh boy, this makes Time Capsules feat issues looking like a minor complain.
    I'm legendary but that doesn't meant I can approve this crap one bit, I like playing on alts but they keep killing them since AF3, which made me stop enjoying this game they way I used to, if nothing's gonna change I don't see any reason to invest my money, playing one toon is no fun, and fun is the only reason I'm still here, what I pay for.
    • Like x 9
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Are people seriously complaining that their going to have to farm for bits or buy them from the broker?? I can't believe the " i want everything handed to me" mentality that goes on in this game, its truly sad. This is a MMO and sometimes it may require a bit of grinding or farming materials. As MMO's go this one is so laid back and pretty easy compared to others. If your not down to put in a little work then maybe this game isn't for you. And if your complaining cause your not legendary and your cash is capped oh well. Not having a cash cap is one of the benefits of being a member and if you want that perk and the others sub up, don't sit here and complain you dont get something a paying customer does. Thats why people have subscriptions or become members to things to get stuff only members get.....

Anything that comes along and requires some work people always complain about......you people aren't going to make it to far in life with that attitude lol. All this i can't solo old content, things are hard, i want this for free, i don't wanna farm....like common already, do you just wanna get on and have the game play for you to. Its really not that bad calm down.
    • Like x 3
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

If your complaining about not being able to solo lower content you must not have been here before cr scaling or maybe you just forgot how things used to be. You just didn't go back and solo every raid back in the day and if you don't want to play the game just cause you can't solo some things lol thats a pretty stupid reason. Raids should not be soloable anyway after all they are 8 man content. I remember when 4 manning a raid was a accomplishment but cr scaling made the game easy and turned it into a skill-less dps feast and myself and so many others are glad its gone.

I hardly ever hear people in game complain about any of the stuff i see on the forums, its really only from the 30 or so toxic complainers here on the forums.
    • Like x 1
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah because people weren't soloing FOS before GU47, were they? Are you sure YOU were here before cr differential? Also telling people who disagree with you to leave the game is far more toxic than other people simply stating their opinion, just saying.
    • Like x 3
  12. ChillCat Loyal Player

Who are you and what have you done with the real Proxy?
  13. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I'm sorry, but this statement doesn't make sense to me. I'm genuinely trying to understand how synthetic mods have a negative impact on the game. I farm for materials and make mods for my main role, sometimes hybrid mods for the blue and yellow sockets in my DPS armor, and use red synth mods for the rest. Some people put in alpha and beta mods, and some people use all synthetics. Why do you find this problematic? Making mods has nothing to do with game play.

I feel like the hate on synth mods is a hold over from when mods affected your CR. That hasn't been true since GU47. I think if the people who are against synthetic mods are really honest with themselves, they'll realize that their hang up is about something other than the impact that synth mods have on the game and their gaming experience.
    This game wasn't even built with an R&D system in place. There's not way to become better at crafting, so comparing it to other MMOs doesn't really make sense. I don't want anything for free, I don't want to be able to solo old raids, I do farm (both feats and crafting materials), but I just can't see any logical reason that you would care whether someone else uses synth mods. Does that also mean that people who craft Oly or Special Forces mods and then use the mod removal kits to keep removing and replacing the mods in higher gear are lazy complainers? Should those kits be removed too, since they're essentially creating account bound synth mods? What about the people who just buy their mods off the broker? I guess you could say they farmed TCs for stuff to sell to get the money to buy the mods, but that seems like a stretch.

There is zero skill involved in modding in this game. Pretending otherwise makes no logical sense to me. If you don't want to run with people with synth mods, that's your choice, but there is an entire population of players out there that use them for many different reasons. Make them weaker, keep them a couple of tiers below end game, keep them just primary colors. All of that is fine and makes perfect sense. Crafted mods should be a much better alternative. But don't take away the option of synth mods.
    • Like x 6
  14. ChillCat Loyal Player

I have 16 alts and removing synth mods is fine. All but four are well over 130 with three armories each with completely different style sets and gear for both roles. Maybe next time don't assume you speak for everybody else.

Synth mods were/are a crutch just like WM/AM was a crutch. So if mods are now an important part of your stats in the revamp and the entire game going forward, time for the crutches to go.
    • Like x 3
  15. silikyan Well-Known Player

16. DCUO Addict Committed Player

But they didn't say, "everyone with multiple alts wants to keep synth mods." He said the people who were against their removal have more than 2 alts, which is true if you read the comments posted by the people against this move. This is a true statement, not someone assuming they speak for other people.

Please explain how this is a crutch. How is crafting or buying mods off the broker indicative of a better gamer? How do synthetic mods negatively impact the game? What skills do players develop in crafting mods or buying them off the broker?
    • Like x 4
  17. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Well said Crappy, I have maintained mods on 6 toons 2 roles each. I don't know why anyone else can't. When swapping through gear with the new progression system you don't have to put the best mod in all your greens, blues, and purples, but at least 8s or removed oly mods dependent which route the person wants to take. I don't know why anyone wouldn't have enough materials for the best mod while buying each new piece of vendor gear.
    • Like x 1
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Like I mentioned before the Synth Mod Removal is a Red Herring Distraction from the Revamp.
    The big question is Can DCUO fix Stupid?
    Currently on Live as a Strong Player, we could carry the weak through instances.
    Once GU73 hits, that will no longer be the case. You might be able to, but it will take much longer.
    Will the weak be able to carry you? That will be the question.
    We'll see what it's like to play with weak players, and not be strong enough to carry.
  19. DCUO Addict Committed Player

You put 8s in your green and blue gear?! Every piece? I mean, what about the days where you run everything and end up getting 14 gear boxes?

All that said, I think it's great that you mod all your armor for all your alts, since that seems to be what you want to do. What's the problem with having synth mods for folks who don't want to do that? How does that negatively impact the game or your gaming experience?

Edit: By the way, I've been meaning to mention for a while that I love your sig! Super creative and really well laid-out!
    • Like x 3
  20. Proxystar #Perception

The synethetic mods have a negative impact on the game because they undermine the value of 'true mods' people are using them prolifically because they are 'good enough' to get away with using without having to farm real mods.

and I'm sorry but your statement "Making mods has nothing to do with game play." lol wut? It's like you're saying the only part of the game is running an actual instance, there's more too an MMO that just running an instance and this is true within any game within the genre.

R&D is very much a part of game play, a part of the game is grinding out mods to make yourself stronger, that's like saying "the broker isn't part of game play."...

literally everything within in the game is part of game play.

Again I don't agree with the method and way in which the devs have gone about making this change, but the rational and reasoning behind their removal is absolutely sound.

I just think people should have got maybe a month or two warning or it should have been made clear to people from the start of stat revamp they intend on removing them so people had ample opportunity to do a bit of mod crafting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.