Dev Discussion GU73: Healers

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAVOC STORMZ New Player

Sorcery needs more and better group heals and not solely rely on watcher for healing its really bad, invocation of renewals cool down should be reduced greatly
    • Like x 1
  2. HAVOC STORMZ New Player

Sorcery also cant perform when group is split up its very difficult no good range heals, this power needs a revamp and a big buff honestly its bad
    • Like x 1
  3. HAVOC STORMZ New Player

Sorcery needs a big buff in burst hots and the watcher keeps bugging allot and uses the its power for dps which is really silly, I think what would help is invocation got a cool down reduction, ritualistic need to be a 8 man burst , circle of protection barely does anything I think it should just form a small circle around 8 members and provides hots, needs to be way less power consuming even when I spam I'm not able to heal 8man group even if I rotate loadout perfectly . Its a big struggle with sorcery.
    • Like x 1
  4. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Simple. Don't use Watcher. You get better power regeneration that way. If you are hybrid and still have power issues, then go superpowered.

Complaining about COP is pointless because every other healer powerset also has power consumption issue with their main HoT.
  5. Fearless Fury New Player

Sorcery's Circle of Protection in my opinion is only useful for healing tanks or when in a confined area. If you are not standing in it you don't get healed. If not placed right it is wasted. The other healing power sets with their HoT it is more about where you are standing and the range of the HoT. Meaning all the healer has to do is use the HoT and as long as any player is within range they get the HoTs. This is not the case with CoP and why it is hard to heal large groups of people in a big open area. Players use to be able to go into the circle to get healed, and even if they left the circle after they would still get heals until the timer ran out. However, being able to do that was removed once revamp went live.
    • Like x 1
  6. HAVOC STORMZ New Player

Its not so much the power but just being able to heal a raid group with sorc can be a pain burst heal is awful, to heal with sorcery the game forces you to use the watcher SIMPLE like I said there is a reason why no one is a sorcery and there all celestial or elec
  7. Fearless Fury New Player

Not true. I have healed T8 raids with Sorcery without using Watcher. It takes a little more work on the healers part. Your position and timing. Another factor is the group you are running with. If you get some people not doing the mechanics, then no amount of healing can keep them alive. Preventing damage helps as well. When fighting just a set of NPCs use your shield any time it is off cool down. Also there will be times you want to save your shield in boss fight for mechanics or to allow others to do pickups.

Decent loadout: Boon of Souls, Invocation of Renewal, Soul Dart, SoL ( or Soul Well ), Rejuvenate, Ritualistic Word.

Use CoP, if needed use Boon of Souls, and then use Soul Dart two or three times. If more healing is needed then use Rejuvenate or Ritualistic Word. Be careful not to spam them or your power will go quickly. For a quick burst of heals use Invocation of Renewal. I recommend using Empowered Channeling in your hands for using Invocation of Renewal.
  8. HAVOC STORMZ New Player

I believe your getting the wrong idea my argument is also in comparison to the other healing powers celes elec it lacks I've been sorcery for years and its had the same problems , its too slow of a heal I play competitive I can solo heal anything I've solo jfae and even so if I was a different power it would of been so much easier, and lol your not sorcery often because there's no move called soul dart
  9. HAVOC STORMZ New Player

And soul well is a terrible power to run with xD
  10. Infinite Onefunk Active Player

So the general consensus is that sorcery healing is broken. What's the consensus on skill point allocation for healing? What percentage of sp goes where for best functionality, Restoration, might/power, health? all resto/power mods?
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

I think it's hard to say that sorcery healing is broken, and I disagree that there's a consensus on that.

Soul well is an awesome HoT IMO. :)

Each healing power has its own strengths and weaknesses. Sorcery tends to be area focused more than others.
  12. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Pick the superpower focus regardless of your power, it's broken and OP for power management.

Get all your healing crits, max out your restoration and then go for might and power.

If you don't have enough SP max out your crits, aim for the 10% boost in restoration and then the rest in might and power until you get the 10% boost.
  13. Celestial Powers Committed Player

You might not think it's not broken but it's severely outclassed compared to the other power sets, yes it's area focused but why do I want to disadvantage myself this way when these abilities are not even as strong as abilities that apply healing effects much more easily in other power sets?

Soul Well is outclassed by every HoT in the game bar other abilities from Sorcery. Electrogenesis could be a like for like comparison if you like, EG heals more as a 1 for 1 Aura/Well but you can be mobile with it and I can also benefit from the double HoT immediately as EG places two auras whilst Soul Well requires you to wait 12s before you can place the second and hope people haven't moved from it's effective area.
    • Like x 1
  14. Fearless Fury New Player

Soul Bolt ... so sorry, it is a new power they added with revamp. ( But you already know this.) I just recently changed from Sorcery. I had been Sorcery for three years prior. Yes Sorcery needs more work on both the healing and dps sides. That still doesn't change the fact that you said the game forces you to use Watcher. All I said was that it's not true.
  15. HAVOC STORMZ New Player

Finally someone who knows what there talking about GG
  16. HAVOC STORMZ New Player

Also ritualistic word no longer provides a hot now so the only semi decent hot is COP which is really weak
  17. HAVOC STORMZ New Player

When your using sorcerys arbiter of destiny transformation shard of life is bugged it wont do healing nor does soul well this needs to be fixed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.