Dev Discussion GU73: Healers

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I prefer to solo heal. I find it more challenging and far more enjoyable. Not for for everyonevsure, but it is my preference.
  2. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

I know that electric healing is in a good place right now as in power management, but I got a concern with IONIC DRAIN it seems that the heals are very low ticks 75's? Not to be a complainer but this used to be a good raid heal now kinda pointless anyone else try this out?
    • Like x 1
  3. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

It's also the finisher which is why it's like that. Don't be greedy lol.
  4. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

Huh wasn't trying to be greedy lol, was more or less trying to see why the healing aspect of it was so low but FINISHER move ok got it thanks
    • Like x 1
  5. Blood Scale New Player

I like solo healing as well and true it is more fun, but some people can't do that and since it's a bit harder now than it was before revamp they think it's to hard or something you know
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

In the future i suggest Tesla Blast and Electrogenesis receive leg mods. More options for dps leg mods and healers will have a stable choice of EG or if they want more dps going even Tesla Blast will work.
  7. Britishguy New Player

I played with a ps4 celestial healer and all he did was spam his powers and yell at the troll, he always switches to the most op powers. His name is OG HOBO all caps
  8. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Blacklisting is against forums rules...
    • Like x 1
  9. silikyan Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Ionic Drain is useless as a healing power.

It healed roughly 1.5 % health of my CR 175 healer and low ticks on everyone else as well. I am not sure if it is supposed to have a big tick at the end, but there is none - if there was it would have to be massively large to compensate for the super weak HoT.
    • Like x 1
  11. Beebe New Player

If I could make a suggestion for Celestial healing as it stands? I know everyone's already brought up the obvious issue regarding power consumption, so I won't bother bringing that up again. Instead, I'd like to focus on how Consecrated Ground was changed into a 100% SC cost rather than the previous 50% cost. This was probably the most iconic and significant ability for Celestial healers particularly around SM season. I understand the ability is incredibly strong, but making it a 100% SC makes it consequently inconsistent to rely on for big incoming damage that regular shields might not be able to mitigate during difficult, lengthy boss fights. The cost was doubled but no healer in their right mind as Celestial would be using their Supercharge Generator to help build supercharge faster to compensate, they wouldn't be able to afford the power or the tray space. My thoughts were maybe to reduce it back to a 50% SC but cut the duration on it as well. That gives the healer more control over the use of the SC and more flexibility for big encounters. It seems to last longer than needed as is anyways, at least from my experience.
  12. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

The duration does not need to be cut..It's a 12s glyph as is with a 60s cooldown on the SC. I pitched for it to be reduced to a 50% SC to be on par with the other healing powersets who's SC's like Arbiter are at a 50% SC and got absolutely no where. If you want to pitch the reduction based on balance fine, but don't pitch it for reducing the duration of the glyph.
    • Like x 1
  13. Beebe New Player

I don't think it NEEDS to be cut, I'm just trying to say that I'd be willing to compromise in some way if the devs think that CG is too strong to be a 50% SC. I would rather have a 50% SC version that lasts a little shorter rather than having it as a 100% SC. I'm not trying to compare it to another Supercharge because frankly there is no Supercharge that can compare to CG.
  14. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

All the other healing powersets have their SC's sitting at 50% where Celestial is the only one sitting at 100% with CG. They removed one shots from the game so CG isn't as Godly as it once was technically, considering it could literally prevent one shots prior to revamp. It should be 50% SC purely for balance among the healer powersets. If they reduced it, they would overdo it massively making it absolutely useless. You have to be super careful with anything you ask for because everything has a price, and 9/10 it's a price you didn't want to pay.
    • Like x 2
  15. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I agree, CG isn't that good. Certainly not 100% good.

I was going to try using sacrifice except that I accidentally popped it in an alert when I hit the wrong button... not pretty. I knew it as soon as I realized it too because I was like "oh no! No tank! Blessing! Blessing! Blessing!" Yeah... blessing was on cooldown.

So on the downside consecrated ground isn't that good, but on the upside I don't accidentally kill myself when I use it.
  16. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Also, while we are on the subject, the controller powers are encouraged to use their SC generators because they are debuffs as well. I don't see why healer SC generators shouldn't be a heal when in healer role.
    • Like x 2
  17. Beebe New Player

Yeah that's part of why I mentioned Supercharge generators as well. If they don't want to reduce the Supercharge cost of CG then having a heal that also acts as a Supercharge generator would make it easier to manage.
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Water is right around the corner and I dont think we will see celestial get adjustments before the release.

Besides the healing powercost. All healers dont have a supercharge generator. Which IMO should be placed on the Priority Heal( which all healers have).
    • Like x 2
  19. Streven Dedicated Player

Polarization side has much better CC in my observation. Probably why it parses a little lower.

Static Push>EGen>Electrocute>EBomb>Shockwave>Circuit Breaker

This has been working well for me in small content due to CC and seems to parse close to what I can get with an electrified loadout on single target testing.
  20. HAVOC STORMZ New Player

Sorcery needs a big buff there is a reason why there are a lack of sorcery healers it lacks in all areas , burst, hots, 8 man healing, too power consuming and watcher is really buggy and does literally nothing with healing its ashame I love the power, no one is sorcery because its the worst healer its been like this for awhile . I want to see a change
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.