Dev Discussion GU73: Controllers

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

heals is what the healer is for. if all roles can do everything the other powers can do, well, whats the point??? I can see where some tanks, the way they tank need self heals. but troll and dps really don't need this. this is why the game is in the state its in. or was. the...I need more power. I need more damage. I need more heals. to many got to lazy. lost what skill they might have had. the revamp (if they don't go back and cave to the people I'm talking about) was a good thing. you have to work as a group more now. work the room. it a good step for the game. heal, troll, tank, dps. all have there place. and should all be needed to work as a group to take down the bad guys.
    • Like x 1
  2. DMeowth New Player

Well I'll try to be as direct as possible

Firstly, I have played with ammunition since it was released, I always liked it very much and it was one of the best classes to be in the AM era.
    But recently the class has become extremely annoying and boring,

As DPS still works, but some skills do not have an interaction or an interesting animation,
    The vast majority of skills have a high energy consumption but the damage is not equally proporcinal, like a smoke grenade laucher and 50 Cal

About the trol: what about make survival a buff for 4 member of the team that make they immune to controll effects on the troll role? (But keeping the buff from harm to the user)
    We have 2 weapon buffs here reload and killers instinct, reload is ok i Like the way it is, but wat about make KI a group buff too? and make it have another effect too, like a buff for might our domination, there is no buff for Dom on the game, it will be awesome

For the role buff of troll: I said this in another post, The basic value of energy recovered when a skill is released has to be greater than POT,Because the POT is reset every time a new skill is launched, another thing, troll is about having the maximum control over the enemy team, but in the lower lvl it is very difficult to have a reasonable domination value, it would be great to have some DOM in the passive of all Trollers

I think it is all
    I know I'm noob, but I'm sure the game have a lot of another noobs think the same as me =D
  3. TroEL Dedicated Player

Shock is casting twice in pftt loadout as well. Def needs to be addressed
  4. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

All of this feedback before the release, and nothing was done about it.....what a shame.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kestral Committed Player

Responsibilities of a Controller: (before/after revamp)
    1) Give players power- Absolutely your main priority/ No they are responsible for managing their own power now
    2) Crowd control-Help the tank keep those adds off everyone/ You can do that just as well as a DPS player as you can a troll.
    3) Debuffs- Speeds up game play and rarely for health debuffs is the only way to succeed/ Maybe the same??
    4) Help DPS- Provide dmg out, help with pickups and timers/ Do all pickups and timers Dps are more valuable doing what they are good at to be bothered with that other stuff.

All in all the bug is Trolls went from being relevant and vital to the groups success to no longer desired in a instance that doesn't need debuffs and as such they are solely sub-performing DPS now.
    • Like x 2
  6. Eddevil Well-Known Player

I posted this earlier on 6th August and as of Today 17th of August, in Hotfix, they are reducing Roleless Controller Buff in instances from 4% per second to 2% per second. SMH. Highly disappointed.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dene Devoted Player

Why disappointing? It means they may actually want trollers in alerts now
    • Like x 1
  8. Eddevil Well-Known Player

They didn't need to decrease roleless buff in alerts instead they need to increase troll's power out.
    • Like x 5
  9. CassUV Well-Known Player

Agreed. They always do this. They prefer nerf a thing than increase other. Now both, Controllers and Roleless buff has low power...
  10. ITony StarkI Active Player

I happen to agree with what the devs have done here. To me nerfing the buff and creating more need for controllers to debuff is a perfect response here. Power management still seems pretty easy to me, but I never have been one to spam my instant power to keep everyone full. I play the way I play regardless of group. The only ones that get low are the DPS with power hungry builds and they know they can't give me grief...because they are aware they are using power hungry loadouts.

If you have stats to back up your play style, you can still solo troll every raid in this game. I understand not everyone has full mods or high CR gear or 200+ SP...so run with 2 trolls, easy fix. I love what they have done with this role since revamp. Solo trolling is engaging and means something again, no longer an expectation. It requires skill, timing, and proper allocation of stats and loadouts depending on the content.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Why is Survival's shield duration much shorter than Distract and Grandeur? It doesn't use less power or have a shorter cooldown so it's pretty much inferior.
  12. recoil Committed Player

a self heal isn't JUST for raids/alerts. quite frankly i never much cared for raids. you expect 8 DIFFERENT people to perform like a well oiled machine? i call anyone with such a mindset a fool. no matter how badly they wish to deny it self centeredness and pride are still jams in the cogs of such a machine. to be perfectly honest we need more solos and easy duos so players can gear up before even attempting raids. there's a reason pugs fail and it's not just that the posted required cr is actually 10 cr points too low usually. people are people put bluntly you can make all the modifications you want to the game but bad players are gonna remain so no matter what. it's why there's a kick button. not to just kick out somebody cause you don't like them or one particular thing they do but for when they're just a bad player in general. tanks that won't tank or take point, trollers who don't crowd control or throw pot at all, and healers who won't heal. same goes for dps if you're not good at it switch to something you CAN do. cause a useful support is preferred over a bad dps and vice versa.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Feedback on Mental:
    • I hate the way Terror Tendrils functions, It's the only Terrorize PI applicator Mental has(Yeah I know Pyrokinesis can function here as well, but you need enemies to be dazed for them to also be terrorized.) This ability isn't very good and the worst part is that it can completely miss your target.
    • Mass Terror-Too much Dovetail time and I feel like the damage isn't worth the wait nor the cost.
    • Dealing with Mass Levitation as our only individual Dazing PI applicator, it works but the 3 second cooldown should be cut down. It makes no sense for a 200 power cost to be stuck with a 3 second cooldown, especially when it's used for applying a PI.
    • Mass Hysteria only lasts 12 seconds? Not worth the 50% Supercharge cost imo. I hate to say it, but I'd rather have Robot Sidekick on my loadout bar versus anyone of Mental's Supercharges. I never really gotten any use for Mass Hysteria because it never really lasted or made a significant difference like a true Supercharge should.
    • Lunging and interrupting your target cancels out thought bubble, very annoying.
    Overall: I just got my Mental to level 30 and while Mental does have potential, it does need some DPS boosts, animation overhauls, and oh yeah; Fix Terror Tendrils. I'll probably have some further feedback when I mess around with more abilities.
    • Like x 3
  14. Terrencify New Player

Fix the power out for controllers recharge. Revert the every power giving P.O.T. Do something to make at least solo troll viable BUT even with two trolls my other troll always out of power. I can tell because he/she spec'd fully vit. Which the stat point section tells you to spec. Which should be addressed many trolls out there lose their own power bar because this trait is for the "controller role". Trolls are becoming scarce nowadays I still solo troll til this day but I think people understand that its mostly a power management problem from now on. I know that you guys wanted to stop the DPS stacking but you had to hurt my baby my heart my love for trolling.
    • Like x 1
  15. AllTheW4y New Player

That would make it much too easy. I'm a troll and I enjoy it far better than DPS or Tanking. Sometimes I have to give up putting out any damage at all to make sure the Raid or Alert's players stay charged. I'm constantly low on power because I'm pushing everything towards the group. You just may have to switch up tactics/what order you power out.

---Besides, you have to struggle every once in a while. It wouldn't be fun if it wasn't a grind at times :)
  16. Wburner44 New Player

There is a mod you can get that heals you when you pop our shield. But you shouldn't be too concerned about healing yourself, that is what the healer is for.
  17. Terrencify New Player

Idk about you but it wasn't easy and it was fun af to keep a whole group powers w/o a supercharge even power hungry dpses stay powered up. Talking from 1 troll perspective. My power bar would always be down when solo trolling back then but I would be satisfied working hard to keep my group alive. With this revamp I don't feel like that I feel like my recharge is tickling their bars. I even see 200-6 trolls struggle with more SP than me. There is no way to change the way you power out cause all you have is a SC Generator - Recharge and debuffs. Feels like I'm always the second troll lol being mainly a battery isn't fun at all.
    • Like x 2
  18. SparkmanX Committed Player

So many complaints about the role of controller
    So much silence from the devs.
    Of course, this for me is nothing new.
    There was a recent update in the game, but improvements for this role, none

I think the theme of controllers deserves a serious and deep thread where all the most experienced controllers players are invited to contribute ideas.

I think it's time we got together again.
    • Like x 2
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

it also effects cryokinesis and telekinesis. natures voracious pants and quantums anomly also suffer from this as well, very easy to be in a boss fight and have things get messed up because of the double cast.

powers not hitting targets and/or just flat out not having any effect is becoming a thing too but its more on the dps side of things than anything. you can go up to a cluster of three ads, use mass hysteria and it will not only miss one the ad i miss will behave like im not there. auto tareting objects i can't damage instead of the ads that are in front of my face has always been a background issue in game but its really come to the front since the revamp.

the revamp is confusing. controllers were supposed to have "more" to do but our power output has been reduced to such a pont where you really can't do anything else in a raid except recharge like crazy.
    • Like x 2
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Seems the devs have zero interest in adjusting trolls which is sad. They forever have been had the most complaints of all four roles and instead we just get "we're gonna let it ride for now."

It's bad when I have to apologize to the troll in advance and they say "it's ok I stopped paying attention to the blue bars."
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.