Dev Discussion GU73: Controllers

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to report bugs specific to controller powersets: Gadgets, Mental, Light, Quantum, and Munitions.
  2. Taerie Active Player

Light:
    Not sure if this is a bug, or a nerf to infinite constructing with HL but infinite construct cycling no longer maintains the damage buff longer than the ~5s
    example: (grasping hand is in #4 for example)
    press 4 to initiate GH - hold range for next construct *wait* hold range for minigun *wait* tap range for ram and the buff expired about 1s prior to getting to ram.

constructing "similar to rages setup" press 4 GH > minigun press 5 ram to snap trap > press 4 GH > minigun keeps the buff up, has the same relative power consumption etc

withholding any other erroneous comments until it's clarified
    shanks :)
  3. Taerie Active Player

please delete this and the above when convenient (Or leave it to ward off duplicate issue)- as i've come to the arrival it is not a bug and should be added (possibly) to balancing etc in a different more appropriate thread. if IC chaining costs me power, then it should behave, 2% dps buff wise, no differently than if im PFTT - makes no logical sense for it not to, but was either overlooked, or intentionally left out not losing sleep over 2% and you guys have obvious things to tend to more pressing - i'll bring it up later in an appropriate thread now that I've de-confused myself

thanks Mepps!
    good luck
  4. AshenVoid Level 30

I'm a quantum controller 198 cr, 117 sp. Just ran JFA with two controllers, a tank, a healer, and the rest dps. It didn't feel normal watching the whole team's power bars drop so low so constantly and the power instants (to me at least) feel kinda weak. I've always been able to solo troll perfectly in raids, but now even with 2 we could barely keep everyone near full unless they were just fighting a small group of ads. In my opinion the power instant needs a bit of a buff to feel like it's actually doing something. So far everything else seems to be fine by me.
    • Like x 5
  5. AshenVoid Level 30

Scratch that, power instants feel like they have very very little heft at all in them. I had someone waster power as I restored it and I couldn't get them past half. The instants felt like they weren't even working much at all.
    • Like x 5
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They took away the buff it got when your group smaller, I think that change needs to be undone, or buff PoT the smaller your group gets.
    • Like x 2
  7. CTEN Well-Known Player

I am having trouble understanding the changes to Mental. Two powers in particular.

Terror Tendrils: The projectiles disappear when they hit ANYTHING, including teammates. If My camera is pointing at a 45 degree angle the power hits the floor and disappears.

Thought Bubble: You removed the defense debuff from the power and moved it to a lesser power. You removed the DoT and made the power hit four people instead of two. I am failing to understand the logic in this. Who asked for this change?! You have effectively ruined the power.
    • Like x 2
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

CC effects seem to last for the same amount of time in DPS (900 Dom) and Controller (5000 Dom) stances. 2~3 seconds or so for each.

Is this intended?

(At one point, Dominance was intended to help CCs last a bit longer in Controller Role.)
    • Like x 1
  9. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Yup dom doesn't effect how long it lasts they changed that on test now dom only effects if you'll hit them with it or not.
  10. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Hrm. Unfortunate.

What's the point of playing Solo stuff in Controller Role then? :oops:
    • Like x 4
  11. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

You should still have no problems running stuff other trolls seem to be doing fine.
  12. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Sorry, the question was more rhetorical than anything.

If you run solo content in DPS role, it's because you want to do more Damage more quickly.
    However, if you run in your off role, it's because you want to prioritize your own survivability: Healers heal, Tanks tank and Controllers ... well, they can give themselves back a lot of power (making them second-rate DPSs, as they've been since launch).

The original point of giving Controllers those extra few seconds of CC (based on Dominance) was to make that particular stat more meaningful. Common sense dictates that a Controller should be able to stun more things more easily and for a longer duration than someone in DPS role (or Healer for that matter) - heck, it's right there in the job description: One Who Controls Stuff.

It's not a huge deal at the moment. I'm not really having problems running the solos, and I get the feeling that the devs have some Controller-enhancing ideas for the future that were just too big for the Revamp.

But it will go down in the Controller Mafia's Ledger as a red mark. ;)
    • Like x 4
  13. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Because dps's and controllers hate encasements in general and being forced to use one for debuff purposes is annoying.
    • Like x 1
  14. AshenVoid Level 30

I'm more so talking about when you hit the power instant it feels like you're hardly giving any power out at all. It shouldn't be that way, your power instant should be more effective at power restore.... Considering... That's a controller's job.... But that's my opinion. Just needs more heft to it to feel like it's worth using in the first place.
    • Like x 5
  15. SEMPER-FEAR New Player

Light blast should'nt take 10 seconds to cool down! It's a debuff.... making it pretty hard on us to do the job right! This debuff only hits and takes effect on one add or boss at a time. Please make it have no cool down or be on point with other debuffs.
    • Like x 1
  16. CTEN Well-Known Player

I am very confused by the power out.

Basically, I just play like a DPS and the power comes out?

I used to have to put up a PoT and power cast correctly and manage my power to provide power back at the right times. VIT Power over time had a set calculation. Now it is completely random on Power Out.

Can you explain these changes and how they benefit our growth?
    If I add more VIT I might not even gain more Power out. The +/- on power out is random.

I know this is a bug topic, but I feel like someone might have programed the power out wrong.
    • Like x 4
  17. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Read controller revamp notes and ask in Gotham city discussion thread this is for glitches and feedback
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

What's the point in being a Controller, when a DPS has the same amount of CC?
    Time based Dom needs to return.
    • Like x 4
  19. Margus New Player

Im Mental what i can say use generator mods best what you can get if somebody waste power let he stay low you cant troll anymore ppl who have undergeared mods or wrong abilities that he wast more then tank and heal if tank waste too mutch then hes gear not modded or he dont know what he doing if heal waste too mutch hen her gear not modded or he use bad abilities

Right now is really issue that debilitate give only power to 3 members instead 4 as before and that leave somone without power so you cant help without using supply drops or sodas few seconds later he empty again so now ppl have tobe smarter and not waste power with bad abilities or undregeard if somebody really empty all the time so you cant help him

Skillpoints really not help mutch you have to use best generator mods also witch give good boost its is nice to have 100 or more points in vit

if you trolling never go to revive you can easyly get 1 shotted or heal not get power tank runs out and that lead wipe if tank dies from 1 shot its tank fault thet he dont know how to tank if he had full bar of power
    if heal waste to mutch or hard to fill he not have right mods its heal bad if you give he lot power but bar not fill sutch healer went to power mods instead resto so he considered as bad healer

but gear and generator mods stat bounus is bit low and you have to spam all buttons as possible if needed but you cand fill anymore bad geared or power wasters you cant do mutch if nobody drop suppy drops nearby you or you not go to someone else ppl have tobe smarter now

sodas and stuff really help so dont forget to craft and buy
    revive only if nobody go or somebody nearby and distance from boss or npc
    most cases if troll dies and someone came to you and he dies is wipe so better not do jobs what can lead wipe and disract power gen to tank, heal

dont forget debuffs
    Happty trolling
  20. Requake Dedicated Player

Guys, the point is not to fill the power bars, to point is to manage the power bars.

You used to be able to solo troll and fill power bars without a problem, but that was partially the incentive of this update;
    Make trolls useful again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.