Dev Discussion GU73: Controllers

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Also players have about 50% control over their powerbars. So chances are if they are low on power its their own fault.
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Current Gadgets Bugs:

Implosion Mine - Ignores Dominance Check.
    Photon Blast - Not vulnerable to interrupt.
    • Like x 1
  3. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Quantum Bug:

Quantum Tunneling - This power is usable when controlled, but when a character is hit with a control effect, the power is initially grayed out and unusable.
    Example: Running Deep Desires at level (~CR 140). Fighting the demons in the tunnel, the staff attacks daze, but Quantum Tunneling was not usable until after several staff hits (probably 0.5-1 sec).
    • Like x 4
  4. Margus New Player

I play with troll many years after this update only nerfed vit form 8k to 6k changed is supercharge that give shield to all group its help and regen faster lot to recover team you can use sodas to manage debuffs its is nice if boss have all the time debuffs on
    Pot does small chunks instead 1 big
    if you stun debuff all the time there is no problem with POT supercharge save team if something goes bad with 3-4 times debilitate to top then soda again debuff its good if drop defence on adds with stun all goes down quick

Its today tottaly diferent trolling you have use everything you have mehanics to troll is differnent and harder then before
    Todays troll can solo now because you do more dmg finish daylis is cakewalk now i like that that you can handle up to 3 npc somehow better

I think 1k more vit changes all but if devs made it 6k for some reason.
    But if somebody waste too mutch its not troll fault.
  5. ITony StarkI Active Player

Gadgets-
    Loving the battle drone group shield, and neural neutralizer personal shield, I can lunge into any group of adds cast my shield and stun all in one motion. I don't mind not being able to keep a whole group full on power all the time, but I will say the power cost to power out ratio of defib is to high, seems a bit excessive.
  6. RLManuel Committed Player

The only think I have to say about trolling, is that the power dump is a little weak for a 300 cost ability.

I was trolling on my quantum character, spec'd vit and power,197cr 295sp.

In Ultimate Soldier I had no real problems since I was using hybrid, and there was another troll with me, but the other troll had more problems, I think due to how they spec'd or their amount of sp.

I think buffing the power dump and leaving the cost alone would improve trolling, and will make 1 troll runs smoother or 2 troll runs even better...
  7. Xibo Loyal Player

No Dominance bonus when you become a Controller but you gain 35% Vitalization when you become a Controller. Is it intended?
  8. TroEL Dedicated Player

Mental Bug:

Post revamp I spec'ed a hybrid mental build using HBs

Whenever I clip any weapon combo with Psychic Shock, PS activates twice in succession. This isn't too big of an issue since it's a 100 cost power, however, it does throw off timing as well as movement. The second PS cast can only be "cancelled" by casting another power to clip.

I haven't noticed any other powers having this issue while clipping. I haven't tried any other weapon yet to see if this problem is exclusive to HBs
  9. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Yes. All dom for troll and tank is from gear now.
  10. Sir Freeze Active Player

while using chainsaw with hl some times doesnt hit in some enemys, in my case while doing catedral on jared fight but with other bosses works fine
  11. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

I can confirm this. I wasn't sure if it was because I hitting the button so fast or what. But I definitely noticed this.
    • Like x 1
  12. CTEN Well-Known Player

I can confirm as well.

Also with PS, I noticed that in controller role the CC effects end as soon as the Damage does. I do not think this is intended.
    • Like x 2
  13. Perdition Committed Player

i can confirm this on the gadget side aswell. when i do my rotation to fast it tends to double cast the power before the one i wanted so for example from cryofoam to gauss grenade to feargas, but instead that it uses fear gas it uses gaus grenade again. this is a bug that happend in the past aswell.
  14. AshenVoid Level 30

A troll's job to begin with is keeping power bars filled (which is guess what? Managed!) and to keep ads stunned and bosses debuffed as well as getting the revives due to the nice strong shields and free time to get them up. Now it's hard with 2 controllers to keep bars at even close to half and that's hurting the tanks and healers who need to rip through power to keep the dps's alive. As of right now we can't do any of that without being able to either pump more passive power out or get a stronger power instant cause where they're sitting isn't great. Trolls were better before.
    • Like x 2
  15. Taerie Active Player

I feel "mostly" comfortable as HL 200/242ish 7200ish vit no soders etc the pot seems adequate in the 450 range , the instant on the other hand, may as well not even be on my tray - atm, if it didnt give weapon buffs to people in my group, i wouldn't even put it on there, 1/9th of someones bar is not worth traying - better off saving that power cost for the super charge generator

as for the HL light blast, either the cooldown is 200% too long, or the duration is 50% too short

i am extremely consistent (<1s deviation over 180s), i missed the construct change off of light blast(init) 90% of the time yesterday until i realized it had been modified with no notations - initially i thought it was lag - wasnt the case

the chained (to) LB seems unchanged - seems to only persist with the initiated off of the tray LB
    • Like x 1
  16. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Munitions-

I think Smoke Grenade Launcher defense debuff power cost is too high. All of the other controller power sets have a 100 power cost defense debuff available except munitions. Five-barrel minigun is an awful defense debuff since it's not clippable with reload.
    • Like x 1
  17. Thunderpanda New Player

Gadgets-

Napalm Grenade misses; even at close range.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Gauss Grenade and Napalm Grenade miss quite a bit. :(

Gauss Grenade does indeed hit twice sometimes. It has to do with lag input. It picks up your press the button twice.

@devs Request that both mines be switch to instant cast. I don't mind getting stuck in an animation, I mind that I jump cancel Implosion Mine too much because I'm a very active acro player.
    • Like x 1
  19. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

If I cast a Mental Thought Bubble, I am unable to pull it with Telekinetic Pull.
    The Thought Bubble Moves with Mass Lev and Telekinesis; it would be great to pull it.
  20. CassUV Well-Known Player

About HL Controller:

1) Light Blast could have its cooldown reduced, 4.4 seconds is too much. Maybe 3 or 2.5. The other option is WhipTrash but, when comes a time that you need stay far, whiptrash comes you closer to the boss, so LightBlast is the best choice for debuff.

2) Like Mental and Gadgets, all troll powers could have a 100 power cost debuff. Its helps a lot.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.