GU39 Preview: Statuaries

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

I'm really imrpessed with the sheer quantity of different ways to rank the statues.
  2. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

Now the only question is how do you actually get these ranks?! I saw a lot of Styles and red the Descriptions. but they didn't seem like something you can actually get like a PVP/PVE. There was one who said something about They get styles, they talk about it, Fashion is their life! Now that might be simple, but it's to show that there are complicated ones that actually require something. I know 100% there's a Statue Style that is for the members who don't really talk at all.
  3. tukuan Devoted Player

From what it sounded like, some are obvious, but otherwise they've almost made intentionally mysterious and might be based on a range of recorded data. The descriptions were almost like riddles, so while I'm sure eventually there will be entire Oracle threads on exactly what determine the given rankings, I would suspect the devs won't tell us initially.
  4. Zinbik Developer

Aside from just looking cool, the system is meant to encourage a bit of casual, friendly competition while providing enough rankings that many different League members can have a statue if the League will allow it. Hence, the descriptions try to describe a theme with some ideas about what activities contribute to them.
    • Like x 1
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

Zinbik, has there been a discussion to set at least one statuary to an ad hoc description and manually assign the top 3? Basically allowing us to use it as a catch-all for whatever the league wants be, unsung hero, best leroy jenkins and so on.

From the steam yesterday I can see that the underlying model is quite complex. I can also see challenges with a manual assignment as to roll-over each month, what if someone leaves and so on. So I wouldn't expect anything right away, but more I was interested if that was something the devs had thought about or discarded as impractical.
    • Like x 1
  6. Zinbik Developer

We discussed this more as an individual statue concept, rather than creating an interface to assign three different people to a Statuary. It may happen one day, but probably not soon. Game development is all about priorities. As cool as that concept would be, there is a long list of much cooler things that we'd like to do first.
    • Like x 3
  7. me911do New Player

Is it possible to share gears through the bank? Or it's just for mods, exo , colas , n other things that we usually trade while together.:D
  8. Pew New Player

[IMG]
  9. TheLoneLantern New Player

Take a wild guess.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.