GU39 Preview: Statuaries

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zinbik Developer

Leagues are receiving a significant number of updates to improve their functionality and add collective advancement! There are so many new systems and features that we'd like to make sure everyone can start understanding how they all work and come together now, rather than waiting till they're on Test.

Statuaries are a unique new feature of League Halls that allow Leagues to celebrate their members' accomplishments while fostering friendly competition by creating statues of League members based on their performance in various areas.

Within League Halls are a number of pedestals that can be unlocked with Prestige. Once unlocked, any member with "League Hall Admin" permission may select a material and ranking. Once selected, statues are created of the top three League members based on that ranking, made from that material. Materials available are:
    • Light Stone
    • Dark Stone
    • Bronze
    • Silver
    • Gold
    All statues within the same Statuary use the same material. The material and ranking can be changed at any time by members with "League Hall Admin" permission.

The rankings used are based on the League members' activities over the previous monthly cycle (reset on the 1st of each month). Some rankings are based on a single activity, while others may be based on the combination of multiple activities. The rankings are many and varied to allow as much opportunity as possible for a wide assortment of League members to have the opportunity to appear on Statuaries.

A few examples (not an exhaustive list) of activities used for rankings are:
    • Knock Outs
    • Emotes
    • Broker Sales
    • Instances Completed
    Aside from determining which League members appear on the Statuary, the rankings also determine the poses used for each statue. The poses are meant to reflect the themes of the rankings, as well as the activities they are based on.

The appearance of the statues can be adjusted by the League members they represent. An option has been added to all base deco panels (both in personal bases and League Halls) to save your current appearance for use in Statuaries. If you have never saved your appearance in that manner, statues of you will appear as you did when the system went Live.
    • Like x 23
  2. MercPony Devoted Player

Most emotes? Glad to see these have lots of ways to be used! lol
    • Like x 8
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Ikr people just gonna spam emotes to get a statue? LOL
    • Like x 5
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Do you know how long ive wanted a giant (I assume they're giant right?) Greenman statue for? Since January 11, 2011.

GREENMAN! (GREENMEN?)
    • Like x 3
  5. Spytle Executive Creative Director

[IMG]
    • Like x 47
  6. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Awesome.

By any chance can you tell us what the ones directly behind you represent? Also, is there just a plain old "Serious" stance one, or will we always pose?
    • Like x 1
  7. MercPony Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 17
  8. Spytle Executive Creative Director

I can't...it's a free update. :)
    • Like x 34
  9. MercPony Devoted Player

You still get my Legendary anyway xD
    • Like x 13
  10. Spytle Executive Creative Director

And we thank you for that. :)
    • Like x 17
  11. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

I'm liking everything I've seen or read about the league halls so far, dare I say it but this just might be the best addition to the game yet. Looks great guys!
    • Like x 7
  12. Drakonicus New Player

Same here. After some time saying stuff "Its going to be huge" and "We are working on something big", i can look at this and say: Yes, i can see why. Think is one of the biggest features you guys ever add. And for free. Gratz.

A little question. After all this time working on this, how nervous and exited you and your team are, since its almost here ? Like a parents before a school play ? :p
    • Like x 6
  13. MentosTroll Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  14. Notangie New Player

A statue for broker sales? Lol, awesome!
    • Like x 5
  15. MercPony Devoted Player

I'll probably be taking up one of those spots in my league hall! lol
    • Like x 3
  16. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

I'm liking that statue in the middle great job devs if you keep this up I'll keep renewing my yearly legendary!
    • Like x 1
  17. MrMigraine Devoted Player

So many different flavors of awesome.

I speculate a lot ... and these look even better than I dreamed!

However, in order to make it perfect, the statues need to be physics objects for the time when we eventually use our League Halls as PvP Arenas. I want to bash villains over the head with a Warchief statue! :)
    • Like x 2
  18. EvilPrince3 Active Player

Hey spytle this is awesome but info have a question for you..are the statues gonna show he so and cr and stuff like that or is there one that will? For things like "dpsing, tanking.healing & trolling"? Cause I think those would be good too
  19. Little Sister New Player

Most Feats ? :D
    • Like x 1
  20. Mrik Tros New Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.