GU39 Preview: Statuaries

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLoneLantern New Player

The metallic finish on them looks really well done. It much easier to notice on them compared to the SM shirts.
    • Like x 1
  2. PinkHatter New Player

these appear have helms but also hair ..is that true and can our armories please have hair...if these can it seems like it could be possible for armories ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. tukuan Devoted Player

From what I understand the appearance of a statue is based on the complete look of the character featured in it, not a mannequin such as the armories.
  4. Neuro New Player

Will these statues update daily or something alike? Or will they always represent last month's MVP?
  5. Drakonicus New Player

• Like x 2
  6. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

Hmm, are these predetermined? I ask because the grey statue back there in center is doing an emote that charcters don't have. It's the movement where NPCs talk; ya know when they put there hands in front of their face then clench their fist
  7. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

I was wondering the same thing. I personally don't want every single statue to be for "Best DPS", "Most K.Os", "Ladies Man"...gonna keep that last one, but continuing. I'm planning to just flip off those rankings and just put random people in there so new members can walk our halls and go, "Whoa..."
    • Like x 1
  8. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

It looks like the beginning to the shout emote. i don't know the /command for it, but f4, i believe it's taunts. and there is shout
  9. Pandora Demon New Player

Yeah, but people might not get recognized for doing something worth a statue for example: a league leader might just put a statue of himself, and his best friends, and if he does nothing for the league in a month he can still be up there.
  10. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

Oh yea, now that I look at it the statue does kinda look like the shout or something.
  11. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

wish i knew the /emote for that lol!
  12. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

It looks like the Taunt -> shake fist emote

I personally think of it as the grandpa yelling at kids to "get off my lawn" emote
  13. MercPony Devoted Player

I can see where it'd be abused in the wrong hands, but freedom of choice would still be nice as an option. If it doesn't happen, I won't lose any sleep over it though.
    • Like x 2
  14. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

i was thinking about end my legendary membership...... NOT ANYMORE!
  15. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

The find some way to take it dang nabbit !!!
  16. WickedRhys Well-Known Player

Glad I got a lime soda plan now
    • Like x 1
  17. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

Was the ranks frozen due to this update mechanic being applied?
  18. tukuan Devoted Player

If you're in a league run by a dictator maybe it's time to leave.

I know that our league floated this idea and loved it. It could be used to poke fun at vets or more appropriately to promote players that wouldn't normally fit into one of the cookie cutter categories.

Almost all team sports have some sort of sixth man type award, typically nominated by the players, for the unsung contributors. That's how, at least my league would likely use something like this.
    • Like x 2
  19. Catseye2001 New Player

Also, for some leagues (like ours) it would give us an opportunity to recognize those players who don't have much free time to play (due to real-life commitments) and won't make it to the top in any ranking, but who really do contribute on the occasions when they are around. Not everyone can make gaming a priority, and we recognize that, so we would want to be able to make the less-frequent, but still-valued players FEEL that they are still valued. The last thing we would want is for this to become something that makes players who aren't around as much feel like second-class members.
    • Like x 2
  20. MidnightTiger Well-Known Player

If you guys made colored statues of iconic characters I would so spend my money on that
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.