GU39 Preview: Proficiencies

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Based on the description, the lonewolf scenario, which some may define as a league-less person, also extends to an elite active player in a league with few active players or a league with mostly lowbies. If it is cumbersome for the lonewolf to achieve the league's periodic perstiege on his/her own; now with a competitive advantage of league proficiences; it could motivate the elite player to leave the current league and join up with a competitive league.

Not saying it's necessary bad, just pointing out this could shift the population dynamic of a league's concentration of low, medium to high level players. Lowbies can still PUG and play with people on their firend list.

It'll be interesting to see, if after a few months of League Hall being released:
    1) Leagues on life support (1 - 2 active players on a daily basis) may die completely.
    2) Leagues that are fairly healthy may gain new recruits.
    • Like x 2
  2. Yolo New Player

Don't like this one bit. Players shouldn't be getting extra stats just because they are in a league together.
    • Like x 5
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

Well this is a MMO.....
    • Like x 4
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

it doesnt affect pvp so why not
    • Like x 1
  5. Yolo New Player

I don't do pvp. I don't like the idea of people being kicked or discriminated against for not being in a league with enough bonuses or not being in a league at all.
    • Like x 3
  6. Drakonicus New Player

So dont play with those kind of players.
  7. Yolo New Player

the mechanic itself is discriminating against people without leagues. they don't get the stat boosts.
    • Like x 4
  8. Z Toons New Player

100% agree. Pugging (non-league) community is going to take an even harder hit than usual.

How about giving these "stat bonuses" to LEAGUE-ONLY runs? Helps the league, doesn't affect the pugging community.

win-win.
    • Like x 4
  9. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Which could mean people who aren't in leagues being kicked before content is even begun.

Anyone seen any numbers yet on how much this is going to cost? Is there going to be a cost effective way for a league-of-one to get 2 Prestiges a month?
    • Like x 3
  10. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

It's an MMO, not MGO... Massively Multiplayer Online versus Massively 'Grouped' Online. MMO solely means that a massive amount of people are playing the same game at the same time... it does not refer to the necessity of being in a group. If it were, then DCUO wouldn't offer ANY solo content, yet they do and are expanding their solo offerings. :cool:

Personally, I am not expecting this to be a big problem because the stats offered aren't that huge. Further, aren't they also offering ways off adding stat boosts to our own base generators? In addition, since this game has a high population of casual players, I don't foresee this changing that population, so there still will be a ton of league-less players in the game. However, it all makes me wonder exactly how difficult the upcoming new content is going to be- if they're suddenly offering all of these new, various ways of increasing your stats.
    • Like x 4
  11. Yolo New Player

Can premium and free to players even make a league for themselves? Then they have to rely on someone being nice enough to want them in their league.
  12. Azrael New Player

they can so if u want to be solo. You cna just create a league for just yourself and have a league hall just for yourself.
    • Like x 1
  13. Yolo New Player

Did they change that recently then? When I was premium I couldn't make a league.
  14. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I believe you have to be 'grouped' with another person(s) in order to initially create the league, after that I don't think there is a requirement for a set number of people to be in the league other than yourself. I am not sure how many need to be in the initial creation group though, I have heard anywhere from two players to 'yourself plus two others' which would mean three are needed... hopefully someone can answer that.
  15. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Nope. You can create a league all by your lonesome, as of GU36, if I recall correctly.

EDIT: You do need to be Legendary, though.
    • Like x 3
  16. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Actually - I don't think Free and Premium players can create leagues. It's one of the Legendary perks. So they'd still need help from a subbing player, starting one.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mick Nugget New Player

I like this. Question: Can/does the proficiency requirement scale with the size of the League? Meaning, will a very small league be able to earn the same benefits as a league with hundreds of members?
    • Like x 4
  18. ChaosInternational New Player

You're stretching for that point. You're referring to peer to peer interaction which may be an extension of the new feature but it's nothing to hang an argument on.

Here's a thought, find some like minded players form a dedicated group, maybe even give yourselves a title or badge of honor, perhaps a unique emblem to set you soloists apart. After that, you guys can select a time, date and location to meet up in game and run your content. I'm sure there must be some sort of way to bring players who think and feel such as yourself together for a more communal experience with those who share similar playstyles. If only the devs had thought of something to facilitate this process.
  19. Walterlight New Player

So there's a prestige cap per player and as a league as a whole?
  20. tukuan Devoted Player

Keep in mind if you create a league of one and also add your alts they'll contribute as well.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.