GU39 Preview: League Management

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Glad you show your true colours and every more reason I want to push for this option.
  2. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Then yours is a league I would never want to be in. Thanks for showing your true colours and help strengthen my reason for requesting this option. ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Also for the record I am not asking to get rid of the feature but simply provide options. I can see the benefit to the feature if you want it but it shouldn't be forced upon every league or member. By all means release the feature just please provide the option to disable if players choose to do so.
  4. TheRealDeathern New Player

Having access to these types of things will not violate any real life privacy concerns at all. Knowing a player has a certain cr or specific power, or perhaps when they logged in last, will in no way identify whom they are in real life, no more so than knowing their PS ID.

Your grasping at a straw that just doesn't exist, which is why so many totally disagree with you. there is no logic in your analysis, nothing to support what you say, and it is complete and utterly garbage thought at best.

Again, the feature is intended to help leagues and legitimates alike, to circumvent it is make the whole update completely useless...even if a single member opted out in name of "privacy", a term thrown around here by you which you have yet to prove it has any Merritt..
  5. TheRealDeathern New Player

And what benefit would it be for anyone if multiple random members of a league disabled the feature exactly? It would almost be like going into a raid, and not knowing what everyone power type was...

Player A: Do we have all the roles covered?

Player B: I dunno, Johnny, Mac Daddy, and Superskull85 have their view options turned off... I cant tell.

Why would you not want anyone knowing your info? Again, the only reason you wouldn't... wont be for the sake of privacy, bur rather the real reason is you have apparently mislead all the people you play with?
    • Like x 1
  6. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Who said it would reveal real world identity? Not I.

I already discussed my personal reasoning for wanting these options in reply to TheLoneLantern. Please read those posts as I am tired or repeating myself.

And? This wouldn't stop a group from knowing that I am Healer, for example, as it would still show up in the group list. This has always been about the league management page. It does not apply to anything else. For me personally I don't even care if my role is known and searchable all of the time (I have my powersets in my signature even now). My personal reasoning for wanting this option is to opt out of being ranked in any way. This kind of ranking can be created by sortable lists and statues both of which are newly added features with League Halls and Game Update 39. Again all of this is explained in this thread already if you bother to read it (and is in the same replies to TheLoneLantern).

I asked for the entire statistics to be options as I do not speak for everyone that may want the option. There is no harm in giving players options and if there were well, it would be no different compared to now where we are functioning just well without the need for these features.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheRealDeathern New Player

Don't speak for everyone. My league doesn't discriminate against new, lacking in sp's or cr, playersat all. In fact, we try to help these players as much as possible.

In my league, its simply the player that responds first. Either player is capable of doing the content, it's stupid to discriminate against either of them.

What good does it do to have the feature if say 1/2 opp out? You'd be right back into the same boat, not knowing anything about certain players, from when they logged in the last time, to what role they are, to what content they can run. I find it astounding that any league leader would oppose the upgrades as they are nothing more than a tool to help us be able to manage our leagues, and they should have been there from the start.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheRealDeathern New Player

This isn't real life, no one is going to stalk you or follow you someplace you don't want them to see you... you aren't standing on the corner, pretending to be a hero, while selling drugs...and even if you were, ITS ONLY IN A VIDEO GAME, some of you act like this "privacy" thing is life or death, or something bad will occur from it, when its intended to HELP league leaders determine whose active, what roles they can play, and whom needs help. That's it. Nothing else to it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Please take your own advice. For leagues and members that want the features great use them; no one is stopping you. But just like you don't want others to speak for you others (like me) don't want you to tell us how useful or not the feature is to us and our own leagues.

You can enforce an always on policy in your league if you want. It is your league so you can do as you please but why should everyone do the same if they don't want to?
    • Like x 1
  10. TheRealDeathern New Player

Then simply don't look at them. Problem solved.
  11. Superskull85 Devoted Player

This comes up a lot in situations like this and any type of game (video or not). It implies that nothing in the game should ever be taken seriously and that it doesn't matter about any decision that happens in-game. The opposer would simply say "calm down it is just a game." Simply being a video game doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken seriously. A lot of the discussion on this very board would not even exist if no one cared and just put every issue aside. This issue is no different.

As for the rest of your post I have also went over that (several times actually). If a member doesn't want to be helped then why should you know that they could use help? I have experienced this myself and by knowing that someone could progress faster if they accepted your help and you asking them to help they could actually become annoyed thus making their experience worse for them. You can't force someone to progress so there is no reason for you to know their constant status as it will only tempt you to pressure them into progressing which they may not want to do.

The above reasoning is not my personal reasoning for wanting the option but it is something that I have experienced in my league even without the new features. Thriving to help someone doesn't always end in a positive result.

Moral: If you let your members choose how they interact with your league they will be much more happier. If this means not readily sharing their information it can be better than constant offers for help that may not want. This of course doesn't have to apply to all leagues but it is a pretty safe rationale.
  12. Superskull85 Devoted Player

It isn't though. Simply you (the player) not looking at the information solves nothing as any player A or B can still look at the information and "nudge" you when you don't want a nudge. Ignoring a problem never usually addresses it. ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Those of you discussing the displaying of character information in your league (or not), we've heard feedback clearly from both sides. At this time, it won't be possible to add in an option, and agree few would find it useful. If you're not comfortable sharing that information with your league, you may not want to be in that league.

If you would like to continue discussing that particular topic, please go ahead and make a new thread on it so that the rest of the league management discussion can continue.
    • Like x 14
  14. TheRealDeathern New Player

If you elect to opt out at all, I think you should not be able to have a league base, or take advantage of any of the many upgrades this GU offers. EVERYTHING should be striped from you, and as leader, your entire league would suffer...
  15. TheRealDeathern New Player

THANK YOU!!!
  16. TheRealDeathern New Player

Part of it does, per Mepps. :D
  17. Mission Essential New Player

I agree with Sore's comment about better availability of info during game play. GU38 applies actual NPC CRs. What about applying actual player CRs/skill points instead of "30" as well. This gives a better snapshot of the raid party without dealing with huge delays caused by inspecting each toon in a raid. It would make PUGs way less painful.
    • Like x 1
  18. denverweise Well-Known Player

Sorry if this has already been asked...Have they announced a release date yet?
  19. Sore Steadfast Player

LOL. Your CR indicates that you've been playing this game long enough to know the answer to that. GU38 just hit live. GU39 isn't even on test yet. GUs are roughly once a month. The earliest SOE ever announces the date for a GU is like 5 days before (at most).
    • Like x 2
  20. denverweise Well-Known Player

sorry i just get so antsy!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.