Test Discussion GU 57: Light Mid-range Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

2. MrB Dedicated Player

I am completely agreeing with whoever said that they need to switch ram with spike square. We don't even have a single free power point for a supercharge. With having both melee and ranged rotation we are VERY restricted in what to get.
    • Like x 2
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

After some testing the damage light does is still a bit low and the crits are still low in the infin combo.

I don't see why clipping a power in was taken away its not like its a super hard thing to do and its just basically one clip after a long rotation of combos not a clip after a clip after a clip after a clip like light used to be.

Now I have no problem with light staying the way it is right now but the damage and crits need to be bumped up a bit or its still going to be on the back burner when it hits live.

One thing that does need to change though is the only other usable power on your bar (straf run) needs to keep the AM up if you cast it. Staf run should be a exception and extend your AM kinda like how flame cascade from fire works so your not dropping your AM.

Also as i said in another post it would be great if you use light barrier without breaking your AM to.

I see the road that Tunso wants to go with not letting you clip powers in but some powers like straf run and light barrier should be a exception to those rules and i think they should be able to be used and keep the AM going.
    • Like x 1
  4. zCaution Well-Known Player

Lol "complain about a clip being OP"... "Complains when it's fixed" :)
    • Like x 3
  5. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

Not fixed, removed. And the way it was removed messed up a lot of other factors besides that 1 rotation. Good idea, bad implementation.
  6. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

Those exceptions prob won't happen besides maybe the sc. If a regular ability keeps the AM, I'm going to use it to clip my rotation and he's going to remove it xD
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I find it interesting that might based powers do not lose their AM when adding none AM attacks, such as weapons; however light loses its AM with any ability, trinket, etc that breaks the combo. What would be nice if Might based powers AM would be cancelled if a weapon attack is added to those rotations or ability outdide of the AM. That would remove any added damage other powers can add to Arsenal. Maybe the developers know this and is why Light has a higher threshold in damage.

It would be nice if this could be confirmed or will Light be adjusted further dropping its damage to be inline?

Curios as to what will happen or is Light damage the level going forward?
  8. Rokyn Dedicated Player

The crits that are low is expected but I wonder how you got low damage with it. I've gotten above baseline numbers for each range and possibly the best range/mid-range parses I've seen in a powerset. Post your parses on dcuolog.com under parse, I want to see your # of hits and crits because I kinda have a theory going on that I've spoken to Mighty about before.

EDIT: Well, Mighty came up with the idea since he initially tested some stuff out around GU50.
  9. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Using your weapon during your AM with any of the top might based powers (ice, gadgets, mental) results in a DPS loss....stop just making things up please
    • Like x 1
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I would add Light barrier if a player uses a melee tray ability...that would be fair...
  11. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I play gadgets and use my weapon quite often and do it do fast the animation does not show, it called clipping. It adds quite a bit to my damage, at 1-2k per a hit, that is 3-6k more I damage per a rotation.

When I was ice, I got one weapon move and clipped AG off every time...

R u new to being a DPS, cause it sure sounds like it...

Not all DPS do this, only the ones that want to squeeze out as much damage as possible..

There are days I simply am lazy and not do such a thing,but when I do, very hard to best a mental or gadget DPS, similar to atomic clipping or jump cancelling the geiger am.

I spend time learning how to squeeze out as much DPS as I can from my powers and light does not really have those options, putting it at a disadvantage.

Delta knows exactly what I am talking about....
  12. MrB Dedicated Player

On ice you can easily clip in rifle grenade to boost your damage instead of losing it. Used to be able to do it with 2h very well but that got changed because some people were whining. Other weapons can be used but aren't as effective as rifle. So nobody is making anything up.

Edit. On ice you also have freedom of what to spec and how close you get to the boss while doing max damage. Also use shield and super charge.
  13. Glacier Extreme Well-Known Player

Exactly! Not sure why folks are still TRYING to imply HL is underperforming. Please stop with the nonsense! Its the strongest midrange/range power yet. There's already been at least 4 vids of these results clearly showing it's damage parse higher than the so called top tier powers at those ranges. All everyone yaps about is equal, in-line, and balance...those numbers suggest otherwise. Carry on.
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Well as the test parameters go its ok but compared to other powers that have had their update its lower then them. I find it hard to go by the numbers Tunso wants when so many powers make it live with rotations that exceed the target numbers. I don't want to see light be OP but i'd like to see it be competitive with other powers that had their updates. While light is decent right now its still not up there with most powers that have been updated imo.
  15. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Hey everyone

Am back , sorry for taking too long , had a meeting with my agency but anyway let's get into business

Did a run with SR as my super charge and I did another run with RSK

the RSK was much better results , I didn't have to stop my AM to use my SC and I think that's why I got better results . When I did the run with SC , and started my AM again , I did ****** .

Anyway I did PBR ( I think of peanut butter every time )

My guy is 156Cr , modded correctly , 6387prec

With RSK I was first place

Without RSK and used super charge I was second . Now I know hard raid can be difficult to compare

So I went back to my base and used my sparring target

I started my combo then at the middle of his health I dropped my SC
    I did 104763

Then I did it again with RSK I did 110976

Now I know you can just drop SC before starting the AM but that's not the case all the time .
  16. MrB Dedicated Player

What's your loadout? What did you leave out?
  17. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

I used snap trap to LB to mini gun to SNAO TRAP for single target and if there was add I switched to fan one without breaking combo

I don't use insp or chompers at all , not worth it . And Insted if getting sterfing run , I took robot
  18. MrB Dedicated Player

Ok. So no melee options at all. Good to know.
  19. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

I could of used mele but I wanted To keep it a clean range.

To summarize this , WE CAN NOT break the combo no matter what
  20. Rokyn Dedicated Player

The best parses done by Gadgets and Mental have gone around 36 -37k with live tests done by people. That's exactly the same for Lights melee parses. Are you saying some of them are exceeding Live tests, if so why haven't they been reported? I know for Earth and Sorcery, flip Slash rotations net around 32k-33k using the Live tests. I can't think of anything in the game averaging around 40k using a live spec. I haven't seen any parses by folks exceeding the midrange and Range values. Like I'm literally averaging 33k at midrange. Gadgets does 30k at midrange.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.