Test Discussion GU 57: Light Mid-range Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I wouldnt go as far as saying Dazed PI or Inspiration are completely not worth using.
    In case you gonna stay ranged all the time it is good to activate Inspiration earlier and when you reach adds just start with constructs chaining.
    If going melee, you can start with Spikequake+Inspiration as Chainsaw, Claws and Boxing will benefit from Dazed PI until it expires.
    (Id advise people not to bother with WhipTrash, animation seem too lengthy compared to damage out)

It is very disappointing that AM is stopped by all tray powers.
    Imo, only harmful powers should be excluded but if you want to stop and use: LightBarrier, Triage, Recharge, Restore, GroupShielding and Inspiration; you shouldnt be further penalized. Stopping to use defensive power will always cause damage drop even without breaking the AM.
  2. Jupiter Ross Well-Known Player

I think HL being slightly above on the mid-range target is fair compensation for high risk on melee, having no attack buff as part of the AM, and inability to use trinkets w/o resetting dmg, and generally low crit %...we wont know how good this update is until it reaches live b/c players of varying strengths and skill levels use it and report there results in actual instance...not a big fan of parser #'s personally b/c they dont compensate for alot of factors but same can be said for the scoreboard...but i can accept that Sparring targets are the most controlled environment we have to test a powers dmg...we'll never have "true balance" due to different powers having thier own mechanics and making everything the same would take all the fun out of this game...So for now we have to be happy with the fact that HL's sustained dmg potential is on par with other updated powers...personally not having an attack buff or a increase in crit% once AM dmg is active kinda bugs me and will still keep HL a lower class dps power on live b/c things actualky die unlike sparring targets so those crits or lack there of make a huge difference on the scorecard...but the data shows it is good and id rather deal with that than any type of nerf to compensate for what real live instance disadvantages it may have b/c history shows when things get adjusted down on test they become considersbly weaker on live (i.e. Rage's Frenzy and Atomic combo's)
    • Like x 1
  3. The Sups Level 30

It would be cool (or maybe crazy) if Light Weight could be part of the melee AM and Whip swapped position with Spike instead of LW. Okay, I admit I like the constructs and want to use as many of them as possible. :D

Spike and Chompers might be necessary for the clipping AM but most people are going to be playing with the infinite combos.
  4. MrB Dedicated Player

I'd rather but as lw moves tanks. I know I've moved tanks out of position and that caused problems.
  5. The Sups Level 30

In my last marathon run with the league, I was able to just beat everybody including Ice and Mental in end game content (Prison Break) But, that was because I had 3 CR on them and people were hesitant to melee the bosses. When running blackest day with the same group, I came dead last. And no that was not because of variables in the Instance. Things were dying way too fast for the AM to really work. A lot of these are being addressed by this revamp and I was so excited about it that I switched back from Ice on the announcement.

My view on melee is that it should be hard so that not everybody is hugging the tank. And this should hold true for all powers. It might be out of context for this revamp. But, maybe it will be looked at after the rest of the powers get the mid range update.

The remaining issues with HL and as it has been pointed out by so many others, is the allocation of PP and being able to use trinkets with the AM. SC only works for a few powers and again might be a balancing work for later on.
  6. The Sups Level 30

Here's my suggestions on PP re-arrangements.

Goals:-

1. To allow access to more construct combos so that players can switch between rotations suited for single target/aoe on the fly.
    2. Maintaining one controller debuff on each tree (assuming this is the main problem Tunso has in swapping powers across trees)

Swap 1: Spikequake and Hand Clap

Spikequake and Chompers are pretty much the same. They even override each other. The only difference is that one stuns while the other panics. It makes sense to have them in different trees. Swapping Spike and Hand Clap will make players actually use HC. It is such a cool looking power and a great single target move that just sits in the Support tree.

Both Spike and HC stun in the controller role so Goal #2 is also met.

Swap 2: Snap Trap and Chompers

This will allow us to use Snap Trap while not moving anything across the trees. Whip and LW have been already swapped. So, the less useful powers, LW and Chompers will stay in the Right branch of the tree.

Possible PP allocation after these swaps:-

Claws, Mini Gun, Snap Trap, Fan, Hand Clap, Whip Thrash, Chain Saw, Ram, Boxing, Entrap, Impact, Grasping Hand, Light Blast, Weapons Expert, Tactical Genius

Here's my crappy paint work to show how this is gonna look.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

What do you guys think?
    • Like x 2
  7. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

I totally agree man , hopefully tunso can do this
  8. The Sups Level 30

Forgot to swap Hand Clap in the previous image. Here are the trees again:-

Assault:-

[IMG]

Support:-

[IMG]

Iconics

[IMG]
  9. SixSigma Well-Known Player

I'm pretty fine with this. It actually gives me 2 free point to work with which would be a nice change of pace.
  10. lanternknight Committed Player

Tunso definately needs to include Chompers and Inspiration into the AM. Most of HL's combos do extra damage to dazed enemies. Yet, it is considered a lose of damage coming out of the AM to apply a dazing PI. Also Inspiration is an important damage buff for HL. Yet using it is considered the same as applying a dazed effect. It is a loss of damage to come out of the AM.

Most powers AM allow for their PI interaction or for its damage buff (might, precision, crit attack chance and crit attack damage) to be included in their AM. HL's AM should follow the trend if it is not be included now. It is a discredit to the power to not allow it to benefit from its buff or daze PI.

I would include Inspiration in the AM as a refresher. Meaning coming out the combo to use it doesn't take you out the AM. It just refreshes it to allow you to get back into the combo without losing max damage. Similar to Killer Instinct. Just that would be good enough for me. If I was to do the PI portion without Including Chompers, I would do it by having the combos while in the AM after 4 seconds hit for increased PI damage. Some what similar to how Mental's Resonance allows for the powers to do increase PI damage while it is up.

But. I would just settle for the use of Inspiration. Which is probably a easier fix to do.
  11. JordansLight Level 30

Hello Tunso,
    so far nice work on the damage of Light power, although there are some adjustment tht can ´be made.
    Inspiration and Chompers might need better integration in Combo AM
    inspiration could last as long as Chompers like ice did, but that would funktion for infinite combo, i dont like infinite combos, they are boring.
    Light Powers, where always a masterclipping power, jump cancel etc, in tht time it was hard and soooo fun to do. Even with WM HL still clipped alot.
    I would LOVE option 2 to be used, if we think about, this kind of clipping in order to get the macimum DPS is AWESOME: It would requiere more Skill and it would be alot more fun than the boring infinite combo
    I and a lot of PS4 players, who are to lazy to create an account :), prefer OPTION2: Reduce the damage and requiere Clipping for maximum DPS.
    IT WOULD BE A DREAM OF MANY COME TRUE
    it would requiere much more button and concentration, interaction with powers clipping, it would be so much more fun than the boring infinite combo.
    Thank you
    best regard
    Jordans Light ;)
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

So looks like Clipping isn't gonna be a thing for HL.
    • Like x 1
  13. zCaution Well-Known Player

:/ ya ik, it's so sad :(
    • Like x 1
  14. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Making it not resort to clipping is what makes it unique. I think it's better off without it.
    • Like x 3
  15. bmce84 Loyal Player

Do people even remember how power hungry Light was before the AM, going back to clipping would mean needing a troll just for us, which then means no one would let Light plyers dps in groups anymore.
    • Like x 5
  16. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

That's not the clipping we were referring to, js.
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I miss the days of ram, snap trap, fan. How did we ever stray so far from what was once a staple for every light dps to learn and build off of. Light used to be such a diverse fast paced power with endless ways to play it and It would be great if this playstyle could get a bit of love cause this hold hold hold stuff just isn't light to me and so many others :(

Just a few old school rotations to bring back some memories...
    • Like x 2
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Nope power would be just fine if the power back mechanic was implemented correctly. Look at rage melee. It basically plays like old school light and i can clip till my hearts content and still be fine with power.
  19. bmce84 Loyal Player

you cant clip it to the point light used to be clipped.
  20. bmce84 Loyal Player

it is, because there is not a single light ckipping built that isnt power hungry, that is why the am is infinite combo. be it jump cancelling, clippibg powers with itself, it doesnt matter, the more tray powers you use the more power you consume, and unless the power was instant and not regenerative, the power cant keep it self up.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.