Test Discussion GU 57: Light Mid-range Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

It is like this on Live today, I'm sure they will not adjust it.
  2. tinoman Dedicated Player

Yes they need to balance around what actually occurs in content and balancing set up times will be the next subject for balancing.
    • Like x 2
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I'm done with this thread now, unless Tunso and company make further adjustments to Light. I provided input on issues around the AM for melee, lack of melee for 4-7M range, and how the mid range damage is slightly under performing.

If Light is released as is, hello Munition or my primary toon is going to retire.
    • Like x 2
  4. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

@ Tunso

I've looked through the last 10 pages trying to read through any changes. It looks as though the damage was lowered to be brought closer to within the +/- 5% threshold. I'm glad you've incorporated a way to reward Light Blast and Mini Gun for their much longer animations. This really just keeps things similar as to how they are on live.

Is there any plans to allow defensive abilities to not put players back into the build up time?

@ Everyone else

I'm seeing a lot of post referring to damage increase via this update.

I'm curious if people are referring to mid range or just full range. Or if anyone is including that in their data. The biggest jump in overall increase should be happening between 8 - 13 M in game.

Full and Melee range we're supposed to only receive a slight bump.

Either way we are within the correct threshold. We now have additional shortcuts so we should be able to achieve Max AM damage more often.

I do agree with others that Melee will still be risky but in a lot of situations it'll be possible. It'd be nice if the Range Cycle's could do Melee level damage(just lower than the Melee Cycle). But we'll just have to find ways to make it work.

One thing to note when considering being able to use Inspiration and not break/stop the AM.... It's already part of the damage formula when considering our increase. That means that if we have someone else in our group that has a group buff we can increase that margin without having to break our AM. I personally much prefer this to having the overall damage lowered and having to spec into Inspiration.

Inspiration is just in the worst spot to spec for. If it we're moved to be more accessible in addition to lowering the damage and making clipping combo's with Inspiration possible I'd be okay with that(possibly swapping Chompers)...... Just not in its current placement. Light is already very power point intensive.
    • Like x 1
  5. Absolix Loyal Player

Just a reminder that damage modifiers only last a maximum of 3 minutes even if the hit counter is not reset, so if you test past 18 10 second parses every parse past the 18tg will have to get thrown out.

Also it has been stated in the past that supercharges will not be a part of the current balancing sweep.

As far as initial burst simply throwing a tap range will put you in combat and then you have the 1.5 second timer. Considering most powers take over 3 seconds before their AM damage starts hitting it is on the faster side of setups.
    • Like x 4
  6. Delta796th Loyal Player

Somwwhat incorrect
    1.5 seconds is when already in combat, you'll still have ramp time when moving from mobs (this is where light will fall behind).
    • Like x 1
  7. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Fadi,

You and Bengals really gotta chill and tone it down. This last build was I suppose technically a nerf from the perspective that this is lower average DPS than in the last build.

IT IS NOT WORSE THAN LIVE.

LB is doing the bulk of the damage now with MG a close second. Yes you need to let the animation play out to get more damage. This is not necessarily a bad thing especially taking into consideration the finisher aspect of LB. I parsed this on Test spec and in the Deep Desire solo where the Test server toon is drastically less powerful than my Live HL toon by about 650 Precision and 50 SP. It was way easier than on Live and I only had BG for a melee on Test and on Live I use WT for the groups of 2 or 3 adds.

Constructive feedback combined with POSTING (ie visual proof of documentation) of parses is the only way we are going to get anywhere.

Do I think we should be able to use Range combos at 3-7M and get most if not all melee damage? Oh dear god yes. Bugs the crap out me when on my Ice toon doing AG knowing I can hit multiple targets in the cone and get all or most in melee damage but my HL toon never will.

Do I want the GGJr clip back with Recharge and INS back? Yeah that was great fun and awesome damage. But its not gonna happen right now and probably never.

Would I have a problem with the parses being a little on the high side? Not really other than if it went Live terribly OP and then gets NERFED, then we are really up the proverbial creek.

Do I think there are alot of imbalance points with other powersets? Yes and I've posted that feedback WITH my parses and why I think so.

No one can disagree with you two and not be a bootlicker. Read my posts. I dont love all your ideas but there are more than grains of truth to some if not much of what you two say. The problem is you are confrontational and argumentative and judgmental with NO POSTED data to back up what you are saying.

I hope this isn't the last Test build we get. I hope we get half of the stuff we are still asking for. I hope we get all of it.

Irrational, undocument shouting will not accomplish. Please do us all a favor and back off. I've tested every build that has been put out and posted my numbers for everyone to see.

Do the same or zip it
    • Like x 11
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.