GU 39 Hotfix: Prestige Fixes and Explanations

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omega Boy Committed Player

Has anyone compiled a list of which instances fall in which bands? I think that maybe that should show up before we queue. Is it really intended that the only way to know is to make it to the final boss to see his/her cr?
    • Like x 1
  2. QuagmirePrime Well-Known Player

OK, our characters have a Level, CR, Tier, and now a Band. I understand the devs reasoning for reducing prestige for lower tiered content, but bands do not provide a consistent measure.

If we must compare our CR to the final boss CR, let's make it a simple fixed range.
    • A CR difference of 0-20 should give 100% prestige
    • A CR difference of 21-40 should give 25% prestige
    • A CR difference of 41-60 should give 10% prestige
    • A difference greater than 60 gives 0 prestige
    So a player with CR 106 would get full prestige for bosses down to CR 86, 25% prestige for bosses CR 66-85, and 10% prestige for bosses CR 46-65. We already have the soft and hard caps for total prestige so I think this is a fair system for everyone.

And I also agree that some prestige should be awarded for open world content from DLC's like Home Turf. Even if it is only in the 5 point range.
    • Like x 5
  3. Lightpulsar New Player

Just want to ask, Where in the Watchtower do you go to Change MoT or MoF for Prestige Token.
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

You don't. Prestige is earned from marks by purchasing gear and then dematerializing it within your league hall once you get the league hall. For now, we have no way to donate.
  5. inferno Loyal Player

So last night I got a toon to cr 35, did the duos and got 84 per instance. Upgraded my gear and bought 46 cr from vendor and from broker to get my cr to 42. Today I play the same instance and I get 21 prestige. Accoring to Zinbik, my toon is on band 1, the main boss( cr 35) is also on band 1. I assume there should be no penalty and I should have gotten the full 84. So I have no idea if it's just broken or I'm doing the math wrong. In fact, if I'm reading his explanation correctly, a toon could have a CR of 54, which would put him still on band 1, do a t1 solo and should still be able to get 73 prestige.

BTW - Diminishing return doesn't apply as I only have 505 prestige and my league only has 2000 at the moment.
    • Like x 2
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Thanks for providing this information. Hopefully they fix the prestige system to work as intended soon. It is insane the amount of discrepancies in it from tier to tier and even player to player.
  7. Amethyst New Player

Some agree and disagree. The league hall creations is wayyy too for some of us small active leagues. I mean if this was a year ago to say it would of been beautiful with a full league and many active players.

What is left to do is recruit till we die. (As i would say)
  8. Certainlogic New Player

Can we get a weekly prestige meter? So we know how much prestige has been contributed every week.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mick Nugget New Player

Why?

Specifically, you say here that the system is intentionally designed to make small leagues have a great deal of difficulty moving forward. Doesn't that just encourage everyone to only join the huge leagues, and wont that stifle the progression potential for small leagues even further than intended?
    • Like x 2
  10. ez7 Troller New Player

Ok, I'm confused. I'm 106 which falls under band 5 and Sinestro is 103 in A&B which falls under Band 5 also. Doesn't this mean I should be getting full prestige for A&B? Yet I'm only getting like 90?
  11. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

So because of the debacle on wed, which didn't allow us to maximize on prestige. the issue continue the following day continuing to hurt our progress now we are about to hit the hard cap and now we'll have to wait til next reset to continue to grind for a hall.
    Again how does this cap make sense?
    • Like x 2
  12. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

Please add a dematerializer console next to the League Hall creation station. It will help smaller leagues get their hall in a more reasonable time frame. Thanks.
    • Like x 4
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, just ran Nexus on my CR 104 toon, and got 76 Prestige. According to Zinbik's numbers, I should have gotten 305. I don't think this hotfix was actually applied.
    • Like x 1
  14. Rocko Man Of Action New Player

this prestige must be broken, just ran nexus and got 76p, and then ran A&B and got 305 wth...
    • Like x 1
  15. inferno Loyal Player

btw - zinbik thank you for the detailed explanation on how it works. it may be buggy now but i know you guys will find a way to fix it and that info you gave us will be helpful.
  16. SkullGang Devoted Player

I'm not following the math you have provided since content within the same tier is not consistent in its prestige rewards.
    • Like x 2
  17. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

This whole thread is confusing because it states fixes and explanation but its still broke and the explanation doesn't apply. 9 pages and counting no dev to be seen .
    • Like x 1
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Doubt we'll hear anything over the weekend.
  19. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Your right but its annoying we have to wait on broken content to be fixed
    • Like x 1
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

Especially after it supposedly was fixed.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.