GU 39 Hotfix: Prestige Fixes and Explanations

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remander Steadfast Player

So, did the fix go in at all?
  2. PlatypusMessiah New Player

It scales based on a logarithmic curve. Basically, the closer you get to the cap, the less you earn.

Were it not for the diminishing returns, how much prestige would it rake to reach the hard cap?
  3. Draphin New Player

I gotta say Mark conversion is broke too. 69 prestige for 1 MOF where 1 MOF converts to 1565 MOT which can then be turned into 128.33 prestige.

1 MOF = 69p
    or
    1 MOF = 1565 MOT
    1565 MOT x 0.082p = 128.33p

Also it looks like if you convert you'll be able to get prestige for D'mat the tokens. So really you'll be getting a total of 197p for each MOF.
    128.33 for D'mat all MOT + 69 for D'mat MOF Token.
    • Like x 5
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I noticed the exact same thing and laughed so hard when I read the math for it. MoT > MoF prestige-wise, so why would anyone get prestige using MoF?
    • Like x 1
  5. Draphin New Player

One more thing what is Circe's & WW CR because if that is who I am fighting with in the solos then my CR Band should be based on that!

Again this brings me back to the whole your CR should be based on what your wearing not on what you own. and for those who say whats to stop them from fighting a t2 boss in t6 then at the last second swapping to T2 gear. I say make it so your CR band is set by the highest Tier of Armor you use at any time in the entire instance. this way if you want to get the most Prestige out you gotta follow the rules.
    • Like x 2
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The problem is that they're being treated as Legend victories in PvP instead of PvE challenges. In terms of a PvE challenge, these should always reward 73, but they reward 7 because the game thinks we're playing PvP. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  7. TrueOlympus New Player

I think the problem with the iconic solos is that when you are doing them you don't have a Cr. Similar to how in legends matches you don't have a Cr.

To test this invite someone you know is in an iconic solo or legends match to your group and you will see that they don't have the appropriate combat rating to do any content they should have been able to do.
    • Like x 2
  8. Draphin New Player

I figured it was because I'm CR 105 ( band 6) the Boss at the end of the solo is CR 89 (Band 4) so band 6-4=2 therefore I only get 10% of 73p = 7p

To test this we need to find someone who is in CR Band 4/5 to see if they are getting more than 7p out of the Iconic Solos. IF they do then it is a CR problem. if not then it is a PVP v PVE distinction problem.
    • Like x 1
  9. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Well if one good thing comes out of this mess maybe they'll be a push to change the iconic solos to were you can run them as your own characters to get prestige .
    • Like x 3
  10. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

And in all honesty we shouldn't have to be testing it on live when it was just one the test server a few days ago.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sbel Devoted Player

It was reported while on test server. They didn't fix it before releasing it. That's what drives me nuts.

Edit: Just looked it up. It was reported on July 12th. And if you mean someone in 'band 5' should have tested it, kinda hard since no-one heard about bands til now.
    • Like x 1
  12. Draphin New Player

OK Correction time... after a quick review I found out that I was right and wrong. I am right in that in the Iconic Solos your Legendary Avatar's CR is based off your CR I was however wrong with my math. I went back to check my Prestige and It went up by 18 not 7 :confused:

at CR 105 I am in band 5 not 6 and the final boss in the solo is CR 89 Band 4. 5-4=1 so I got 25% of 73p =18.25p Round to 18.

Again I say My CR band in the Iconic Solo's should be based on the Legend Characters CR not Mine! Furthermore I still believe My CR should be based on what I wear not what I OWN! Thank you and good night.

My head hurts.o_O
    • Like x 3
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I know they can't read every post on the forums, but someone needs to be reading the test area. I peruse it from time to time and catch these things a week before it goes live. If I can do it, someone who is getting paid to do it should be able to do it better than me. I'm just casually reading the forums to see what I missed.

I'm not saying a developer needs to be doing that, either. They should hire someone to be a test server forum reader part time. Heck, they could hire me and pay me $5 a week if they'll just listen to my findings. ;-}
    • Like x 1
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Thanks for debunking the hypothesis that it is PvP vs. PvE related. Sadly, all the more reason it is broken. :-{
  15. Sbel Devoted Player

Thanks for checking that. Would you mind repeating your post in the Prestige Confusion thread? Thanks.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/prestige-confusion.214622/
  16. Lightpulsar New Player

Both Prime and Paradox Wave are not giving Prestige after you complete the raid.

Where in the watchtower can you convert Mot to prestige or sell items for prestige or is that stuff only available after you have the league hall unlocked.

Also is the log tab suppose to show when prestige is earned or not.
  17. SkullGang Devoted Player

In the loot tab it tells me when I earn prestige after TD.
  18. Lightpulsar New Player

Sorry should have clarified, the log tab in the League management page.

i know it shows in the loot tab.
  19. SkullGang Devoted Player

Don't think it was ever meant to be shown there.
    • Like x 1
  20. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

This week I just noticed a very weird quirk related to this. Form a group with someone who is doing a Legends instance. Check out what you can queue into. You'll find that you can't queue into anything serious, because they will show as "CR too low"! The CR being overwritten by the Legends CR will block queuing with your real CR too, until you exit the Legends instance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.