Get your Rocks off -- Earth Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by 13igtyme, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Lacedog Loyal Player

clutch! it sounds like youre going to be one of the very first to actually see new earth stuff! congrats!
    • Like x 1
  2. Lacedog Loyal Player

its not that i like the change, ive just gotten used to it. if youre one of those who wish we had an animation to let you know your "aftershock" tank buff was up, i bet you would hate this change. its not to bad though, as damage shifts effect on brick only stops when he dies, so its always up basically.
  3. Little Sister New Player

Also when you zone, and that's what I keep forgetting lol
  4. Lacedog Loyal Player

Yup you're right. Usually that doesn't matter though unless you're doing open world pvp or the ops.

Edit - really, it does matter. I wanted to take back what I said, but it still stands with this one exception. anytime you enter a pvp arena you have to hit damage shift again. Kinda hope that gets updated in gu37 too.
    • Like x 1
  5. Clutch_GT New Player

Definitely it's all personal preference I just prefer the 45% mod + smoother & faster transition into the next attack so for me it works. I've also been doing the same with JH 2-3x AS then back to WM or a quick spin chop I've been combining regular clipping attacks + WM and it's doing good for me. But again all personal preference.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Interesting changes to Earth. Brick is so good now that there's no point in aftershock tanking, though.
  7. Dogico Loyal Player

Well pet tanking is still 43% absoption while aftershock is 50% right? Not a huge difference but, especially with another breakout power, it shouldn't be too hard to keep up 50% with aftershocks and every little bit extra helps especially with T6 raids right around the corner.
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Some healers are better than others at healing pets. Celestial is one of the worst ally healers. Nothing against the player, there are only a handful of powers that heal allies: Divine Light and Consume Souls are the one you see the most, also Cursed Idol. Mostly they are reactive powers though so if the healer doesn't use them, your pet doesn't get healed. OTOH - Sorcery is the best ally healer. CIrcle, IoR, SW, Shard of Life and Transmutation will all heal pets. Electric can also do a pretty good job of ally heals. They have Electroburst, Arc Lightning, Galvanize, Electrogensis. You will find most Electric healers run will three of those abilities on their loadouts. Nature has 4 possible ally heals: Savage Growth, Cross Pollination, Harvest and Bloom. However you will find most Nature healers don't run with Harvest or Bloom.

So in short, Earth tanks best friends are Sorcery and Electric.
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

That's actually more about the player. I run with a Celestial healer many times, and Brick rarely goes down. You can run an ally healing loadout that uses DL, WotPcCS, CS, and CI. The tools are there. It's just that not many use them.
    • Like x 2
  10. Furious Crazy Gang New Player

Just saw these comments on the update list

Summon Brick Golem
    In damage role, Brick now taunts enemies to protect his master. Taunting enemies consumes Brick's power. In Tank role the "Damage Shift" effect is always active, transferring a portion of your incoming damage to Brick. When relatively healthy Brick uses Jackhammer to damage enemies and significantly reduce the damage he receives. When damaged he uses Self Repair to recover health over time. When severely damaged he will use Envelop once per combat. Each of these special abilities require power for Brick to activate.
    Summon Crystal Golem
    Crystal now prefers range and use primarily thrown weapon attacks. She uses super powers that can cause considerable damage but require power to activate. Her super powers cause additional damage to enemies who are Dazed or Crushed. Crystal no longer applies group breakout. Being in control of Crystal prevents Weapon Mastery super power critical damage bonuses from applying.

If u notice if u use crystal u lose the 360% bonus on powers from WM!!!!!! This concerns me and could give me reason to not use crystal!!

However I notice if u have brick up there is no mention of losing the WM bonus? Can anyone on test server test this? Sorry I'm a eups player

I heard from a league friend if u use a pet as earth u will lose the WM bonus because this is classed as earths amazing mechanic. However a rage player can use all the amazing mechanics and still get the WM bonus so to me this seems unfair! Or crystal deals so much damage it doesn't matter lol
  11. Furious Crazy Gang New Player

I generally run with nature healers as that's the main healing power set in league although we do also have a few sorcery celestial and one electric alt! Never have any issues with nature healers as my pet never dies xD think it's more about the player than the ability of the power set xD we have some great healers in league so they probably make me look better than I am haha
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

This is exactly how Sorcery works. Sorcery can use WM with Watcher and Guardian and get the bonus but not Fury. If you use Brick regardless of being Damage or Tank you can get the bonuses.
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

If your Nature healer uses CP then having a pet out actually helps his heal too. It's win-win. I just see a trend with Nature healers putting too many damage abilities in their loadout and not being pure healers. If healers focus on their roles, the yes, there will be less problems.
  14. maxdestru999 New Player

I use Earth and Two-Handed and I catch myself with no power a lot and as a tank that's not to good, got any advice?
  15. Furious Crazy Gang New Player

Ah ok I see! Thanks for the info Black Jaq
    Will definitely be having a testing few weeks working out new loadouts for dps to see if having crystal out is as beneficial as WM bonuses!

I'm loving totems move in position to be a 50% damage buff power and that it now give the player the crit chance xD I just wish they had made this cast so it cast at the targets feet and not by the player, making it a more ranged ability but would also work as melee if u choose to run melee! But can't have it all lol

The new power for power the pets sounds awesome and the new tank breakout ability with the instant heal on it is amazing xD just wondering if the use of resto will now be better in the yellow mods now to boost the heal

I use pet tanking anyway, I'm a noob tank and it's easier than aftershock tanking, so the update to brick and totem and the new powers are gonna be epic xD
  16. Furious Crazy Gang New Player

D
    Depends how ur tanking! Do u aftershock tank or pet tank? And how often to u use powers?
  17. Rox New Player

The reason is that brick's damage regardless of role is very small it hits for 50-100. Now when you look at crystal it hits for 2k hits same with fury. That's why you miss out on the bonus from WM with Crystal.
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Rejoice, for now JH will be very nice!
    • Like x 2
  19. Clutch_GT New Player

If we can still use Crystal in Tank stance my damage tank loadout will be complete.
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I don't see why not. Sorcery can put any pet into DPS or healing loadout. If you would run with a Sorcery DPS, theoretically, Offering would keep her powered up.