Get your Rocks off -- Earth Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by 13igtyme, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Clutch_GT New Player

I haven't touched sorcery in forever but I thought the pet automatically changed depending on stance?
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Negative. I have been running Fury in healer stance for extra damage output in TD. Some having been running 2 DPS with Guardian handling the tanking.
    • Like x 1
  3. Lacedog Loyal Player

[IMG]

me, literally every time i read over the earth change notes....
    • Like x 3
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

So this thread is about to be very inaccurate very soon... And as far as I know 13igtyme isn't coming back to the game (although I wish he would) I myself dint think I could under go the task of making a new earth guide .... But I'm hoping one of the long time earth guys (not the Johnny come latelys) decides to make one.... If in fact 13ig is not coming back to whoever decides to make it your thread is the one I will post in if there are multiples out there after gu37....
    • Like x 1
  5. Little Sister New Player

I just ran a duo with an Earth Tank (same as myself) and I noticed that both of our Totems were healing the other toon's Brick. I had no idea it worked like that. I'm just curious though, do they over write ? Will only the most recent Totem give heals or can they both do it ?
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Good question earth people don't run with one another most the time.. I could probably count on one hand how many times I've run with another earth guy l:p so I don't know.... That's something that should be tested I'm about 99% sure debris field cancels though ... If you know another earth guy I'd say go to like strykers and or ark ham island and test this on them since they should gave enough hp to live a few ticks
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, Debris Field overwrites. Interesting about Totem. Wonder if it can heal non-Earth pets.
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I believe it does that's an easy test ... Get your robot side kick and check I'll check with my sorc friends pets tonight
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Better not to say anything at all, else we find out it's a bug.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

You, Remander, and Blaq should collaborate and write it.
  11. Lacedog Loyal Player

its to the point where a new guide is pointless for us who have been playing as earth. yeah for new people a guide with the changes would be helpful, but that can be accomplished by posting the GU37 notes when they are finalized.

with that said, if sage tui isnt writing it we are doing it wrong.
  12. Clutch_GT New Player

I'll probably end up writing it depends on how I'm feeling honestly. I think a collaboration guide would be the most beneficial for the current Earth community and future community the more knowledge the better. The only thing is I'm awful with numbers so I would need help with that and depending on whether or not Big decides to come back will be my decision on whether I do or don't write one up. Besides someone has to join Sore on the guide writing in Nightfall :p
    • Like x 4
  13. Clutch_GT New Player

Don't recall it ever working with non Earth pets. But it works if there's a Earth tank + Dps or w/e combo it will heal all Earth pets nearby. The one thing I'm not sure on is whether or not they stack with each other.
  14. Lacedog Loyal Player

if anything, all thats needed is a copy and past of the powers and their new descriptions. then we can share whats working or not working for both tanking and damaging. i dont feel a completely new guide is necessary, but if someone wants to write it up, id support it.
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The thing about guides is people read the first couple pages for power descriptions and interactions. Often times, when front pages are not updated, then misinformation gets around. Most people don't want to page through 20+ pages of guides to get what they need.
    • Like x 2
  16. Lacedog Loyal Player

nope i hear ya and i understand. but even when this guide was the most up to date you would find questions about earth all over the powers and general discussion threads all of the time. and those threads had a ton of info that was just flat wrong. a guide here isnt the end all be all.

but like i said, if someone wants to copy and paste the new power descriptions into a new guide, that will be the one i get behind and post what i find does and doesnt work for me, along with any tips or help i can provide. it will also be where i go when i have a question i need help with.
  17. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I looked over the changes, and while I do like them, I don't think I'll ever be returning to this game. I don't like the developers business model of, "Making it up as we go." which includes constantly lowering things I had to grind for, like the gear CR for T5 constantly changing. Or by taking away other stuff, like making me spend pvp marks for a style, making it then not cost marks, and making all the other styles cost an arm and a leg for my alts. Just way too many business issues and I refuse to support them.

If you want to make a new updated guide, you have my full permission to use any of the info from this guide if you so choose. Best of luck to you all.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Hate to see you go, man, but I understand.
  19. Clutch_GT New Player

Damnit another OG Mental user gone :/
    Well hate to see you go but I understand good luck with everything Big!
  20. Forced Penance New Player

Brawling>shuriken storm is faster power generation, but you lose some of your CC from 2handed