Get your Rocks off -- Earth Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by 13igtyme, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Forced Penance New Player

THIS
  2. Forced Penance New Player

nope, my favorite sorcery alt right now has an aggressive healing load out / minigroup.

Rejuv, Ritual, Shard, Trans, Circle, Guardian

The guardian runs off to tank whatever i pop with my ranged weapon. Pop out shard, CoD, WM-->Trans, heal myself or power pet as needed. Guardian is a nasty little beast and tanked subavatar just fine while I killed it in ummodded t4 gear.

If brick is even half as robust, i'll be happy..
  3. Forced Penance New Player

gu37 I am going to try pet tanking again first (love pets) with a JH build on armory.

Epicenter/Grip, Fortify Golem, Gemstone, Hardlight, Soothing Sands, Brick
    Epicenter/Grip, JH, Gemstone, Hardlight, Soothing Sands, Unstoppable

Double cleanses with JH's extended mitigation range sounds kinda cosy to me, but I just love pets, so we'll see....
    • Like x 1
  4. RemyRockstar New Player

Guys the earth testing feedback thread has been quiet. Anyone who has access to test please post your feedbacks and concerns on there so we can get the changes and buffs that we desperately need! This is our update so we have to do our best to convince the devs what needs to be looked into more (Jackhammer damage). The tanking side got a huge buff but our damage side is still lacking. Come on guys let's keep pushing because once our update is done we won't see anymore tweaks to our powerset for a long time.
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

I think the testing thread has been quiet because we already got some really great changes, so there's little, if anything, additional needed. Tunso already addressed the topic of Jackhammer damage, and it's not changing. Honestly, Jackhammer never was the best DPS option, and with the changes that have been made, there are far better options in both the Seismic and Geokinesis trees. If you had tested them, you would see. The damage and tanking sides are both very good now.
    • Like x 1
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

I'm really only concerned about power costs for a few powers. Burning baron already mentioned one of my points in testing, but there are still a couple of other comparisons between similar powers from different powersets that either cost less or do more than our powers at its current cost.
  7. RemyRockstar New Player

Jackhammer aside you guys honestly think the damage from shards, striking stones, etc do enough dmg to keep up with rage/celestial/hl? I don't think so
  8. Lacedog Loyal Player

With weapon mastery I crush those powers, or at least am right in the mix, and that's on live, without these changes or updated crystal. These updates will be amazing for earth.
    • Like x 2
  9. RemyRockstar New Player

That's really subjective though considering player skills taken into consideration.

What I'm saying take two equally skilled dps', one rage and one earth who can utilize the powerset to it's full potential I don't ever see Earth coming close to Rage damage wise in PvE
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, I think those are really the only remaining issues.
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

You've not tested these changes, I assume.
    • Like x 1
  12. RemyRockstar New Player

I'm assuming you have and you can honestly sit here and tell me Earth is on par with Rage?
  13. Lacedog Loyal Player

Of course it's different from player to player. What I'm telling you though is i believe with these changes, earth will be just fine.
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Nothing is on par with Rage. Rage has a nerf coming. Believe me.
    • Like x 2
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Specifically what power costs? I think DF is a bit high because it still lags behind CoP for damage. I guess Tunso believes the power cost justifies the low cool-down? I think TB and RC could have a slight buff to the initial damage for the power cost. However, with the changes to AS power costs, I feel Earth is pretty energy efficient for the rest of its abilities.
  16. Forced Penance New Player

Rage will get the nerf bat, everyone knows it. They will just wait till their new power to come out so they all buy respec tokens to change. Earth and rage do not play the same, but yes, an earth dps is now competitive with other dps out there, just don't expect rage with a brown skin. Learn the new earth from the ground up :p

See what i did there...ground up...I kill me :D:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  17. Lacedog Loyal Player

Debris field and epicenter specifically. But it's almost nit picking now with all of the good coming our way.
  18. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

So I'm seriously considering switching to Earth (from Gadgets)....massive shift in responsibilites moving from controller to tank.

Any tips etc that folk like to share would be greatly appreciated.....and before it's suggested, yes, I am currently working my way through the posts in this here thread!
  19. Lacedog Loyal Player

be the first in the room, almost last to leave. (gotta beat the silly dps to the next room before they die)

learn what specifically helps your powerset the most, each tank works differently.

have fun wrecking things.
    • Like x 1
  20. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

lol, so in summary....go forth and conquer!

I should be able to handle that....if you're on EUPS, prepare to shout "noob tank....keep aggro", "stupid tank, why you die so much?" and so on and so forth :p