Get your Rocks off -- Earth Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by 13igtyme, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Teflon Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I know this guide has died but for those who still may follow. It was announced that GU37 will be the Earth update. They have estimated about 2 weeks until it appears on test.

Also, I have noticed that Pebble Blast right now appears viable with WM. Because the the extra damage from Dazed PI happens so quickly after the first might tick, a lot of times it is falling within the WM buff window meaning a crit buff on both might numbers.

Also with GU 36, Gag Glove was updated:
    Power Interactions : Dazes enemies, making them vulnerable to dazing effects.
    Dazed enemies take additional damage.
    Damage Role : Increases all damage by 40% until the hit counter resets.

To me, TB range is slightly longer than Gag Glove, however Gag Glove will do a knock back which may not be a good thing. GG however appears to stun and root occasionally. Also as a PI applicator, your targets will have to be grouped tightly so I don't see it as a replacement to TB. GG without PI seems to be comparable to Stone.

Now comparing GG to Pebble Blast is a bit different. They seem to do comparable damage on single target, except that GG is one might tick while PB is two. The flip side to this is that GG can hit more than one target.
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

I simply cannot bring myself to use Gag Glove. Yuck.
    • Like x 3
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I hated it when I was Gadgets pre-update.
  5. Clutch_GT New Player

I use to rock as a gadget controller and gag glove :p Hell i even use it when i "troll tank" occasionally in open world :D
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

sage tui! i forgot you were a dirty villain. saw ya in the pvp match a week or so ago and i completely freaked out. "i know that bad@ss earth player!"
    • Like x 1
  7. Clutch_GT New Player

Yeah I was preoccupied with like 5 of your guys at processing think I KO'd the Ice tank twice and that quantum dps a couple of times. Was a shame round ended I was just getting started :p
    • Like x 1
  8. Lacedog Loyal Player

9. Furious Crazy Gang New Player

This is epic news xD I just switched back to earth after being rage since it came out. (rage tanking is extremely fun, but the DPS side which is my main role, is really boring lol) I wanted to see what WM brought to the table as an earth dps and I gotta say its far more fun as an earth dps with WM than rage lol However, earth dps still seems to be great melee range especially with WM and dual wield or 1 handed, but isn't to great at ranged. Although as you say Pebble Blast deals some good damge, and sandblast is great to use with WM and above 35% health (this always confused me how the second hit always did better above 35% health when its a finisher move meaning it should do better at 35% or below lol but its a great ranged move)

I'm not sure whats gonna happen with Earth for the update as everytime I read the WIP thread there are great ideas from many of the earth players, but never any feedback from the devs :( I'm hoping they add some ranged to earth for the higher tier content but don't take to much away from the melee side cuz thats the most fun xD any one heared of what changes are planned?

As I just switched back to Earth I had a chance in the T6 alert to tank, and found it so much easier than I ever did before which was nice. (I have been rage tanking on and off when needed and found it to be an amazing fun mechanic and made me far more aware which has probably made earth feel easier as I just have more tanking experience) But it was really good fun earth tanking again and feeling invincible, and as hard as a rock
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I haven't explored the merits of PB vs SB between damage and cast times. Its good to use PB because you already have it using TB. Although I do like a quick WM combo into Upheaval for certain situations. Again, not sure where the potential lies for maximizing damage but there seems to be options. I would likely still run with. Totem, Reinforce, Crystal, DF and TB.

I had a league mate switch from Rage to Earth and he does adequate damage with WM. If Reinforce can match Bloodlust that will help a bit too.
  11. Furious Crazy Gang New Player

SB is great at times but I do like the speed of PB. I haven't tried upheaval yet since switching back but what I remember of it it to high power cost for the damage out. Although I'm hoping the update will fix this and make it viable again xD I do really like the power but its just painful to use :(

Whats Jackhammer like now with WM anyone tried it?

Is totem, Reinforce, Crystal, DF and TB the standard Earth DPS loadout now? This is basically my melee loadout but without totem, add damage shift for suvivability plus 50% damage buff. and add localized tremor
  12. Damien Oakes Level 30

An awesome thread read all posts will help me out loads. On my earth dps/tank. I found out a lot of things I wasn't sure about
  13. Lacedog Loyal Player

you read all of these posts!? daaaaaang. im sorry bud. good for you though.
  14. Damien Oakes Level 30

Yeah why not good reading. You make it sound like a bad thing. :-D
    • Like x 1
  15. Lacedog Loyal Player

not a bad thing, just impressed.
  16. Clutch_GT New Player

Any burst power is good atm with WM. Even EQ procs with it. For me personally PB is funky now with the delay so i clip it with consumables/trinket/reinforce. For pbAE burst i've been using epicenter the transition is smoother compared to LT. SB is still all over the damn place so i don't use it unless it's for PvP. Upheaval is still butt as long as it has travel time incorporated in the AS mechanic.
  17. Little Sister New Player

I just started playing my Earth Tank again, after a very long time. I noticed that they changed the Damage Shift visual effect. It used to be those wavy lines, and now it's like sand and very hard to see. Does anyone like this change ?
  18. Furious Crazy Gang New Player

Yeah WM has really made burst damage a more flavourable style of playing :)

I haven't tried EQ yet with WM I'm kinda struggling with loadout space haha

The thing with epicentre instead of LT is you loose the power interaction. Although u gain a 40-45% damage buff compared to a 35% damage buff from LT. I actually have been trying on my melee loadout WM into TB for PBAOE daze PI setup and then WM into Jackhammer x3 or x4 aftershocks max then back to WM and Jackhammer is doing some really great damage from the inicial cast if clipped with WM correctly, ticks twice for over 2k :)

I have also been using level 92 one handed into the dual wield dual flurry attack and it hits so hard its amazing xD in nexus I hit 2 enemies from one attack and both hit for 10k+ thats 20k+ damage from one weapon combo :D
  19. Furious Crazy Gang New Player

The idea may have sounded good in there heads but visually its a horrible idea and it makes it really hard to tell if its up or not :( I have to keep zooming in to check lol

I have been earth tanking myself recently especially in the new T6 alert as there are usually more dps than needed and not enough tanks. I have been pet tanking and it's so easy it's great :) I have seen many ppl complain about the pet tanking and the pets dieing alot but I have never had this and have never seen my pets health ever go that low its worrying. Think I must just have great healers in the grps tho as I'm not the best tank and still learning as I'm a dps really.
    • Like x 1
  20. Lacedog Loyal Player