Test Discussion Eye of Gemini - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The 25 yards was what I was looking to know thank you, yea the test server is wayyy too small a sample size for this type of damage testing. I understand that I can't provide you proper feedback on its potential until I am on live server with a good group of DPS so I can see the damage potential and how much it makes of a difference vs a player who has the gemini artifact vs one that doesn't. You already corrected a large part of it where you will need to be inside the field to do damage is where it should be.

It may be something that has to be tuned later but its certainly something that I will keep in mind when I know there are players who are running it at 160, which I will have when the DLC drops.
  2. Brav Well-Known Player

Hello Batuba,

Just recommending an adjustment with the upcoming changes and fixes to this artifact. In order to prevent abuse of activating this effect more than intended since there are Supercharges that exist with less than 50% supercharge use and some with really short cool downs, which gives the opportunity for this artifacts' effect to be abused. (Some existing supercharges are 25% with cool downs that range from 1,12 and 30 seconds).

I Strongly recommend a cool down of at least 30 seconds for this artifacts' effect to be activated each time. This allows for a more balanced use since most supercharges are 50%-100% with a cool down of 30-60seconds. I recommend this for both effects since both can be abused. Especially since gaining supercharges can be achieved fairly quick now with multiple items (sc artifacts, mods, power gen, etc).

To be fair and to keep in mind the supercharge artifacts' (soul cloak) reduction benefit, perhaps at certain milestone ranks that cool down of 30 seconds or one you guys prefer can be reduced some at higher ranks. And if so I would suggest a minimum of 25 seconds (maybe 20secs) and no more, unless the team has time to make a couple of adjustments to those particular supercharge abilities that are below those numbers and can be used to take advantage of the effects granted with this particular artifact.

Thank you for your time and dedication.

Sincerely: Brav
    • Like x 2
  3. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

For the circle duration, I'd like to see it scale like this:
    Level 80: 3 seconds
    100: 3.5
    120: 4.5
    140: 5
    160: 6

This gives some meaning to the various breakthroughs, and retains the idea of "major jumps" at 120 & 160. It would be very nice to see some more gains being highlighted at 100 & 140, on all artifacts, frankly.
  4. Batuba Developer

Updated original post with the most recent changes going to test for the Eye of Gemini artifact.
  5. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Does Pollux’s Gaze no longer regenerate Supercharge ?
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

It does not.

The Supercharge generation portion was moved to Castor's Watch (Tank/Healer role).
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

That is really bad and completely ruins the “synergy” with Soul Cloak.

Sigh ...
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

86,000-88,000 self heals in 10 seconds and 96,000 self heals in 10 seconds with the trinket active I wouldn't exactly call "garbage" healing. Eternal Flame is also a 60s cooldown where Bloom is 12s so you can use it back to back quicker and Bloom has a massive AOE pushback and stun on cast where Eternal Flame doesn't stun at all it just free's you from CC.

• Like x 1
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    This is for the Damage/Controller version.

Eye of Gemini Stacking:
    "Added a 6 second cooldown to dropping Castor's Watch or Pollux's Gaze fields."
    This seems to be working. I retried my Vacuum Bubble spam test and the results came out very differently tonight. Vacuum Bubble did 317,934 damage. Gemini's Vision did 51,040 damage. The Eye of Gemini only procced once in that test.

Supercharge Generation Change:
    "Pollux's Gaze - Removed Supercharge regen at rank 120."
    I can verify that Pollux's Gaze is not generating any supercharge.

Power Healing:
    "Pollux's Gaze - Moved Power Regen from rank 80 to rank 120. Increased Power regen to 2% per second (up from 1%)"
    I saw 6 ticks of 2% power on the level 160 version of the Artifact.

Caster Positioning:
    For solo gameplay, the current iteration of Pollux's Gaze only gives a 20% damage proc when the caster is inside the circle. If the caster summons the circle with a Supercharge, attacks, runs out of the circle, and performs some additional attacks, only the damage inflicted while in the circle is used for the damage calculation.

Pets:
    Pet damage still works. The pets do not have to be in the circle. That seems fine to me.
    • Like x 1
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The removal of the supercharge regen from Pollox's Gaze is a change I can't get behind. That was a main selling feature of the artifact that dps can use it to increase their SC regen inaddition to wearing the soulcloak and head mods etc. The player could have sought out to get the artifact to 160 in order to be able to use their supercharge for damage as often as they could. Taking that away leaves only the lopped 20% damage back for players to invest 700,000+ xp into an artifact plus all the catalyst breakthroughs and seals. There just isn't enough to the artifact now, the power return is completely negligible for a DPS they won't notice that type of power return where a healer could be benefited much more from the power return + the supercharge return.

There are also some supercharges that don't have white supercharged head mods where this artifact would have at least given that player the ability to earn supercharge return with. There is ZERO current way to get supercharge regen using Neo Venom Boost which is a very popular 50% SC for DPS besides using the Extended SC chest mod. The extended SC chest mod doesn't even proc with Nature's Wolf Form 2500SC and nature has no supercharged head mod for it so that means Nature Wolf users have ZERO active way to earn supercharge back then they use a SC where with pollux gaze they had that ability.

Taking the supercharge away from pollux gaze will hurt more than it would otherwise benefit balance wise. I don't see the need for this, taking away such a staple to the artifact and limiting players reasons to want to level the artifact.
    • Like x 5
  11. Baelothon New Player

I think I see a problem with the new changes to this artifact. If you have both this artifact and the soul cloak at 160 and if you run the chest mod that restores 5% of your Max supercharge when you use a supercharge based on my calculations if my math is correct.
    12700(max sc) x .12%(sc gained from the eyes)+ (12700 x .05) = about 2159 supercharge regened with just standing in that circle. Which if this works with most 25% supercharges makes this combo allow you to basically use the supercharge almost immediately. I think your going to have to change that supercharge Regen again. IMO atleast. I also could be wrong with my math too

edit* just taking a look at a few things too and some 25% supercharges have a mod to restore 2.5% of the supercharge you used which you would then add 250 to the 2159 which goes up 2409 supercharge generatied.
    • Like x 2
  12. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Nice job on killing the "synergy" selling point for DPS and Trolls at least.
    Well, these nerfs saved me a nice amount of nth metal xp.
    • Like x 1
  13. Baelothon New Player

Just noticed a few spelling errors. And time limit to edit messages expired.
    "Which if this works with most 25% supercharges makes this combo allow you to basically use the supercharge almost immediately." should be which if this works with most 25% supercharges means that this combo will allow you to use the supercharge almost immediately.

One day English... One day...
    • Like x 1
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

On live server precision dmg is already out of hand atm on single target, gemini with SC regeneration for dps wont do the game any favour ... to bad we cant check that on test server since there arent time capsule artifacts to test with.
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

You're right, this combination auto-refills the SC bar:

So a tank would be able to use Perfect Poise (a very strong shield) with impunity.

I'm not sure how I feel about that combination.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I found an interesting new use for the Eye of Gemini as a portable SC group generator. Here is an example with Vindictive + Extended Supercharge + Head Mod + Scrap of the Soul Cloak:

If you toggle Vindictive immediately, you use 1000 SC. In return, you get a 127 tick, six ticks of 254, and one tick of 635. That adds up to 2286.

That is great for those moments when the one of your group members is AFK. Just toggle your SC once every 30 seconds and you can keep building SC in the group. You generate far more Supercharge with Vindictive than what you pay to use it.
    • Like x 2
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I tried the combination of Ice + Manacles + Eye of Gemini + Soul Cloak on the Large Brine Hulk Monster. My plan was to use Perfect Poise whenever I got a bit low on health. I'd use soda or Supply Drop as a last resort if needed. All I needed was Perfect Poise:

I was doing this in Tank role with Damage gear. There was never any danger of dying to the Large Brine Hulk.

Manacles work perfectly with Ice with the 10% shield cooldown.
    • Like x 1
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Do you think EoG would work better if the SC returned was based on the amount spent rather than your total SC?

For example, EoG refunds 12%-25%, etc., of supercharge cost (instead of max SC).

So a 2,500 SC would give you something like 300-600 SC back, 5,000 SC would give you 600-1,200 and it would take a full 10,000 to give you 1,200-2,400.

The idea is not to have to reduce SC gen for people running larger SCs, while at the same time trying to prevent abuse of 25% SCs.
    • Like x 1
  19. Baelothon New Player

I think that would definitely be a better option.
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

finally Vindictive has now use in the world of DCUO lol, it builds up the SC bar of teammates but ur own SC bar wont move a lot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.