Test Discussion Eye of Gemini - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    As it turns out, you don't even have to be inside the Eye of Gemini AoE doing damage to get the 20% bonus proc. Here is a demonstration:

I do Dustoff to activate the Eye field, land, run past the field, do an attack, and get the bonus proc.

Is this thing working properly? I was expecting to have to be in the Eye Field when I was doing my attack to get the damage proc.

EDIT:
    Here is a second example:

I don't even land in the Eye of Gemini field on this example and still get the bonus damage proc.

Upon rewatching the second example, I'm not sure how range even works with regards to the Eye of Gemini. The Eye field was a lot farther back than in my previous testing and all 3 dummies were hit.
  2. Batuba Developer

At first glance, I would assume the "buff" you get from EoG lasts maybe a second or so after leaving the field, I will look into it further. Thanks!
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

If it helps:

I wait 3 seconds in this video after running through the field before attacking the sparring targets. I still get the damage buff.

Is the damage tick supposed to be an AoE effect centered around the player caster?
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    It appears that the power healing ticks do stack if multiple Eye of Gemini fields are stacked. Here is an example with Vacuum Bubble:

I made sure my power bar was empty and used 3 Vacuum Bubbles in a row to generate 3 Eye of Gemini Fields. I end up receiving 9 power ticks (3 from each field).

From the livestream, I was under the impression it wasn't supposed to work that way.
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It shouldn't be if that's how its working now, since the circle doesn't move when you use your supercharge it should just be any damage that is recorded by you or others while inside the radius of the circle is the damage that is dealt back at the 20%. The range shouldn't be much more than the circle itself as this would create a whole wide range of issues if you could just pop the circle in the middle of the room and have all the dps go towards it and then have range be 20-25meters and hit all targets. There would be no drawback to the trinket usage, the whole point should be that we have to position ourselves accordingly to get the artifact damage, especially in raids, and not just have 0 risk to using the artifact for the pollux's gaze.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I think the idea is that it is only supposed to be damage recorded by players while inside the circle. The reality appears to be very different in the testing I'm doing so far. You don't have to be remotely close to the circle to register damage while using it solo. I'm not seeing a lot of the behavior that was described in the livestream.

I really need to test this artifact with multiple, cooperative, and patient players to see what is going on.
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I had mixed results testing it for my own video. There were times I placed a circle and only a couple players were within range of 5 meter's to me and the damage was only like 25k, terrible. Other times in the hallways when everyone is close it was a full dmg value at like 300k.

It should be easy enough for the coding that only damage that registers inside the pullox gaze is than dealt back at 20% value. In terms of the range of that damage I still believe it should only be the radius of the pullox gaze or you create an imbalance and confusion about hidden ranges. If they have to widen the radius a bit from 4 league hall squares to something a bit larger so be it if that's the case.
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I saw some weird interactions while testing the Eye of Gemini with a teammate and using Dustoff:

Why didn't "Tough Guy" get any damage ticks in combat log? He had started his attack while the Eye was active and was standing inside the circle the entire time. Does the caster have to remain in the circle?
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    With regards to teammates, the way the 20% damage tick bonus works can be unexpected sometimes. Here is an example:

Tough Guy summons Henchmen to attack a single sparring target. I use a Supercharge to activate the Eye of Gemini. Tough Guy runs into it and gets two damage ticks on two sparring targets. After the circle expired, two more damage ticks were inflicted.

From what I've seen so far, an ally can get the 20% damage bonus in three different ways: entering the circle, exiting the circle, and as the circle expires. The caster exiting the circle also seems to trigger the damage proc.

It can also be difficult to gauge what is going to be hit sometimes.
    • Like x 1
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    After doing extensive testing with LT, I think the Damage/Controller version of Eye of Gemini works as follows:

1. The Caster does not have to be in the circle to get the 20% bonus damage
    2. Any allies wishing to receive a 20% bonus have to be inside the circle. It looks like any teammates using the circle will lose the damage bonus if the caster exits the circle.
    3. Pet damage counts toward the 20% damage bonus. The pets do not have to be inside the circle.
    4. Orbital Strike does not work with the Eye of Gemini damage bonus.
    5. A person does not have to be in your group to receive the 20% damage buff. They just have to be in the circle.
    6. The 20% damage buff for everyone is registered in the caster's combat log. The players that ran into the circle will not see it in their combat logs.
    7. The power heal and supercharge does not work properly for anyone. The caster and any allies will not see the proper power heal and supercharge regen.
    8. The Eye works as a sphere and not a plane. That means you can cast it in mid-air and hover near it.
    9. When the 20% damage does proc, two damage ticks are generated for the player that caused the proc. The two damage ticks add up to 20%. If only a single target is within range, both ticks go that single target. If there are multiple targets, both ticks will be divided among the number of enemies present. The 20% damage procs are generated on a per-player basis.

I'm not 100% sure how the targeting system for the 20% damage proc works. My current theory is that it is an AoE with a very generous range based on the caster's position.
    • Like x 2
  11. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

For the record, if my opinion matters lol, I prefer the “run-through” mechanic, much like a Supply Drop.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    This was an interesting experiment to see what would happen with Vacuum Bubble Stacking:

I threw in an extra Stasis Field + Self-Destruct Signal for a little bit of added damage.

Here is the combat log breakdown:
    [IMG]

That's about 750k damage in about 11 seconds just from a solo player. 280k of that damage came from Gemini's Vision.

I figure I can do a lot better if I try refining the end of that rotation. As is, I basically just stopped attacking just to see what I would get from Gemini's Vision and Vacuum Bubble. I didn't even have any pets out.
  13. Batuba Developer

Upcoming changes will be coming to Eye of Gemini with bug fixes as well as some number tweaks. It won't come with next build, however most likely the test build after that.
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

That's not necessarily anything wrong with that type of damage from the artifact. Because from 5 supercharge uses to get 280k where those 5 supercharges could be spread out every 6s not so much to inflate your own personal damage but having the other 4 opportunities to get additional player damage. By the same effect a rage dps could use Neo venom boost+Berserk or berserk than Mangle which was already a good 50% sc and produce better results but no player would actually do that just to buff that 1 usage of gemini where they could spread out the damage.
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

That was more a test to see how the Eye of Gemini damage proc would stack if several supercharges were used at the same time. The results were very interesting and slightly worrisome.

I agree that other combinations would produce a better distribution of damage over time.

It looks like some changes are incoming. We'll just have to wait for the details.
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Yea it's going to be one of those can't beat em join em artifacts if it gets to the point where 3-4 DPS are stacked using supercharges etc. Which is why they really have to narrow down the radius of the circle. I don't believe any of the pollux's gaze damage should hit outside of the circle which limits its positioning and lessens the chances of it hitting every single npc in the area and players standing outside of the circle counting towards it.
  17. Batuba Developer

Not in tonight's build, but tomorrows build the following bugs should be fixed:
    • Players outside of field should not be contributing to damage (including owner of field)
    • Players must be in group in order to contribute/gain to damage/healing.
    • Power regen and supercharge regen should work properly.
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Those changes work, how about the radius of the 20% damage dealt with gemini's vision? Is that going to hit for the distance of the radius of the circle? or does that have an extended hidden range?

Thanks for being super vigilant with the feedback and response's I always am thankful when we have interactionslike this :)
  19. Batuba Developer

When you say radius of damage, are you referring to how far away from field will damage hit targets? If I'm not mistaken the damage proc is about 25 yards (field itself is 5 yard radius). The range has to be good enough for ranged dps to remain ranged and drop a field and still hit the targets with the explosion. Damage should be split evenly among targets. So if EoG deals 100 damage and there are 2 targets, it should be doing 50 damage to each target. It's during AoE packs where large numbers really begin to appear.
    We are still monitoring the damage from EoG, however, as you've stated before in your video, it is difficult to exactly measure damage potential due to general raid mechanics, DPS up-time in field, and player awareness. Also, please consider that testing in a controlled environment with training dummies that stand there motionless is more of a best case scenario and not so much what you'll actually see during content.
    Tomorrow I will have more to speak about when it comes to tweaks coming to this artifact. Again, thank you all so much for all the effort going into testing these artifacts!
  20. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

I believe he means the actual Target you are hitting.

I think some are mixed up about the different effect radii of the artifact. My understanding is there are two different ones. There is the Radius of Players Who Are Effected and the Radius of Enemies Who are Effected. The later is the one in question. How far away is that target and the radius of other enemies hit by hit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.