Episode 42 ressourcse managment.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Jan 9, 2022.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

2. Charon Lead Content Designer

To be clear, I said MAY. Internally we are reviewing feedback on this from players and the higher ups, numbers for the types of content played (now and other episodes that had 2 raids, etc.), and resources and then we will determine the content layout from those various factors and more. If we don't do two raids next time, I do know we definitely will in 2022, at least one DLC, if not multiple.

For those talking about resources, I can say, with great joy, that more are incoming for Content but they need to be trained before thrown at a raid. :) For the sake of transparency - that usually does mean training on open world content first, smaller instances later, then raid content. Those trained on open world in 43 would then babystep into solo/duo land or continue in open world while the more experienced devs tackle alert and raids. I myself did a few open worlds and alerts before I touched a raid.
    • Like x 18
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Let’s all be thankful and appreciate the fact that while this dlc does only have one raid, it was released during the busiest time of year for seasonals. Right now we have 3 raids and 2 are paying current currency. If this had come out while we had no seasonals, it would have been a much bigger gripe. Right now, enjoy the fact that we do have plenty to do. And I say this while being done with the anniversary seasonal. No reason not to run the raids and whatever to accrue more coins for next years additions.
    • Like x 2
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Thank you thank you for letting us know! :)

Great to hear we have more devs now and that they are being trained and i imagined and thought so too doing raids is probably VERY complicated to do.

You really deserve a raise you are too good at everything charon especially communication!
    • Like x 2
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

This is fantastic news! I know how difficult it is to design 2D art as I have to work in Photoshop and inDesign as part of my job. I can’t imagine how difficult it is to do 3D modeling.
    • Like x 2
  6. Trykz Dedicated Player

Thanks for the transparency, and background info is always really cool to get!
    So glad to hear you guys are getting some help!!! That’s wonderful news! Some fresh eyes and fresh ideas can be incredibly good for a team. Maybe these new guys will bring some brand new ideas to the game! What was the first raid you worked on it you wanna share?
    • Like x 1
  7. Harlequin Devoted Player

Modeling and sculpting is only part of the work. I find working with the various texture channels (and UVs depending on the modeling software, looking at you 3DS-Max) can be even more difficult than creating the base mesh and a few LODs. Your experience with PS would be very valuable for creating textures and materials for wrapping 3D models.

As far as creating in-game content like open worlds and group content like alerts and raids, it's far more work than just creating the art assets. In my experience, level/environment design and scripting the AI and the various level mechanics represents most of the heavy lifting. It doesn't matter how pretty an area is if the mechanics are crap. I start with whiteboxing a level to establish the flow and the player's critical path then add in the desired mechanics one by one while playtesting each milestone when I build stuff. Art usually comes near the end of the process right before the final polish.

It's good to hear that they are growing their team. Fresh ideas and skills should deliver some great experiences for players in the coming episodes.
    • Like x 2
  8. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hive, the first raid in Titans. My fledgling one. :p Learned a lot from it.
    • Like x 6
  9. Siramez Well-Known Player

that raid is the most fun raid ever created now and when it was released, props to you and the team!
    • Like x 2
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

One of the best raids in recent years. The Deathstroke fight was cool (in regular and elite) and Terra was such a well-layered boss. I like that the boss mechanics become trickier and hit harder as the fight goes on, visually indicated by the adds becoming more magma and then lava.
    • Like x 2
  11. zNot Loyal Player

Hive was one of the best elite raids im surprised that was your first,wow! I think i also mentioned few times how i liked it. u also did false idolse elite which was soo amazing
  12. Proxystar #Perception

The point I was making is that it was a sequence of events that just lead to more disliked changes, the population never really got better because they kept doing things that annoyed people that liked the game a certain way.

The reason people left during origin crisis itself was because the game became less casual friendly or actually moreso, less friendly towards the middle group, those not entirely casual, but also not entirely elite hardcore.

They couldn't get nexus or especially Paradox done until after sons of trigon DLC and even then Paradox had to be nerfed multiple times.

That's why it's important to be careful how far you take gating elite+ because whether people like it or not, the more you try to appeal to a very small subset of players at upper end the more of a mistake you'll make.

History will only repeat itself and you can rest assured the result won't differ, you'll just get the same result, the players in the middle will leave.
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Job well done for a first one.