Episode 42 ressourcse managment.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I agree, small elite content must and should remain in place, we took ages to get this back and it would be a mistake to remove it again because a few raiders think it is beneath, that's certainly the way it seems to come across (not you LQ, but others).

I also agree, all elite stages but 2 should be scrapped, they're a waste of development time/resources.

Event Mode, Normal Mode, Elite Mode and Elite+ (critical) are all that is needed.
    • Like x 4
  2. Trykz Dedicated Player

Loving it yea.
    Fresh mechanics, a great duo alert and raid, bounties are close together, my only real request would have been an elite+ alert or duo lol
    • Like x 1
  3. zNot Loyal Player

He said they will be adding more solo and weeky content into the openworld though i think thats something many will like.

And i think having one daily content instance is fine in a episode either alert or duo but both in one episode imo are overkill the current episode should be then shining and full with players doing duo and alert.. or not? :) since it has both plus elite..i mean charon has the numbers he can tell if a second raid would benefit the game business wise more and the dlc longevity wise more then a duo.

Do you think a duo that takes the same development time as a raid benefits the longevity of the game same way a raid does? A 5 minute duo vs a 10-15-20 minute raid? many endgame and casual groups would be spending weeks on each elite raid but on a elite duo? Who is being kept busy on a duo?

Sorry but just because some people want renown with low effort (oh yea and once they have renown guess what they dont even bother with it anymore unlike raids that are still challenging and are still being done even after max renown) i dont want the game to reduce its most popular group based content (Raids) for renown chasing players so they can and do the elite alert then or elite raid like most players do or like i said earlier if they want renown so badly just sell it on market place whats the difference anyway? Spamming a easy elite duo and spending replays to buy best in slot gear may aswell just sell renown and save developer time instead of doing a elite duo that costs same time and ressources then a whole new raid and a second raid will benefit the games population way more then a duo.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

zNot, whether or not people spam what you term "easy elite" for renown is none of your concern, nor is it hurting your raiding or overall game experience. It is abundantly obvious through the content of your post (the last paragraph) that you see any player other than an elite raider as unworthy and inferior, erring just a tad towards an "elitist attitude", who really cares, what other people are doing in that regard.

To answer your question, Yes I do think developing duos, alerts and solos is as equally valuable as a raid and I'd also be quite happy to see one of those duos use recycled environments and the like if it meant cutting down on resources and development time but allowed additional small content to be included within a DLC.

I would rather have small instances than more open world daily missions that take about 30seconds to complete, for the same reason you want more raids, is the same reason numerous people want small group instances, yet you dismiss that desire as unimportant then get upset when people dismiss your desire for raids, it's a double standard.

The reality is, small daily content is the backbone of this game that keeps people logging in every day, rather than, most days.
    • Like x 8
  5. zNot Loyal Player

aslong as we get 2 decently sized raids rest is on the devs that know what is most usefull, as you say you prefer small instance based content instead of openworld thats fine i just dont agree that a second raid is cancelled in a episode because of a duo/solo/alert.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I don't think so, now you're suggesting they recycle the duo and alert? No, not acceptable.

At least one of those pieces of content in my opinion needs to be new, in just the same fashion you'd expect raids to be new, if you want two raids, every time, then perhaps one of those should be more recycled.
    • Like x 1
  7. zNot Loyal Player

Interms of maps im fine with one of the raids having reused maps thats ok,what matters to me are the number of bosses and the mechanics+difficulty.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Then in that regard we're on the same page.

It's worth noting also that this DLC had 1 raid, but 4 bosses, it could equally have been 2 raids, with 2 bosses in each and they could've split the raid in half... thought to ponder perhaps?
    • Like x 1
  9. Trykz Dedicated Player

Why the number of bosses?
    Personally my favorite raids are the ones that happen in one room, where we fight end of story bosses, like prime, doomsday, flash to the future,
    Is your preference for more bosses loot based? Or is it just a more bosses equal more time in development scenario? Just curious.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I get the feeling the number of bosses in a raid ultimately comes down to sheer 'gear loot drops', it surely isn't marks because they can be evenly dispersed regardless.

I actually agree with you though my favorite raids are also those that are in one room, I honestly couldn't care less for hallways that only serve to waste my time - but that's personal preference.
    • Like x 1
  11. zNot Loyal Player

Well that wouldve taken more time to do for them i guess? the way they did it now is good but a second raid is just needed imo it really adds alot of spicyness to a episode because a second raid is completly different then the other even in a same episode but i will say this elite raid is probably the best i played since metal Part 1 also because they did focused on support roll difficulty way more then i usually see imo and 2 tank design on some of the bosses.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

the portal after Grandpa superman is the end of the first raid, the second raid in the open world arena area is the second raid.

It's simply cut in half and turned into two instances, can't imagine that being too time intensive, but I'm not a dev, so, well...
    • Like x 2
  13. zNot Loyal Player

More bosses means more mechanics and more difficulty, im not the biggest fan of one room boss fights exception was paradox but that raid is a outlier anyway :)

i like raids like darksides war factory,monsters of metal,false idols,shattered gotham, mainly because of their high difficulty and each bossfights being different atmosphere different room, i havent really found one room boss raids to be very difficult or diverse.. prime was amazing aswell but that one same like paradox idk can we get something like that again interms of high difficulty? I wouldnt mind it.
  14. zNot Loyal Player

Wouldnt they have to adjust the elite+ then for each raid? I think that could be why maybe
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I think some of the instances (Prime, Paradox) are favored because they bring with them a level of nostalgia attached to a period where this game was vastly different and in my opinion, was in a better and fresher state.

I agree, it would be great if the game managed to find its way back to that place, but I'm pessimistic.

I think what probably made Paradox great was the fact that it was in the one room but was full of options, do you leave a boss out, you can go down 'hallways' if you choose, do you leave them all out.

I actually think part of the success of that raid was that it was designed like the difficulty slider, without having the actual slider so didn't create quite the same level of segregation, it just was the raid, if that makes sense.

Prime was the same, it was around with gates, but it just was the raid at the time.

It's why, zNot, dare I say it, but there's actually times as well I think having too many steps in raids is silly, it creates separations within the community rather than providing them with a singular platform where they come together to overcome something.

Paradox and Prime in their time did a better job of this, because they were what they were and everyone was in the same boat, in my opinion they were just simply better than modern elite.

That's why honestly, there's a part of me that thinks they get rid of all regular content and just make regular content the difficulty of elite (or maybe slightly easier, but not as easy as current regular) and then also make a critical elite for those wanting the extra challenge.

It then gets rid of a tonne of the fluff, surely freeing up resources while still appealing to the very vocal minorities at each extreme, while better appealing the the majority crowd in the middle.
    • Like x 3
  16. Proxystar #Perception

No, why? I mean they could just literally cut the raid in half, unless of course you're suggesting some of those boss fights aren't worthy of their difficulty? :D lol
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Its not that i prefer to walk those steps :p but when i look at raids in the past most of the ones who were one room boss fights werent good in my opinion if you compare teen titans dlc the hive raid imo was way better then the machine one. BOP episode: Clock tower was better then fire and brimestone. So the raids that were one room were usually below the other raid in that same epsiode also flashtastic voyage was better then flash to the future (all just my opinion :) )

I mean if it saves rss im all in for it for the second raid being one room. Whoever did paradox should get a trophy that raid was ahead of its time! The adjustable difficulty there also was so smart and simple..

Yea i like that idea with reg/elite content definetly! Would certainly be quicker to find a group
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I agree, not all one room raids are great, just all the raids I generally thought were the best, were funnily enough one room raids, although there are some notable others, admittedly.

And yes, ditching regular and replacing it with a better balanced version of elite I think would certainly help with finding groups, anyone wanting that experience similar to regular right now would still have event mode and the rewards in event could always just be tweaked to better reward the slightly lower end of the player base still not capable of completing entry elite.
    • Like x 1
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Apart from the last boss (whos kinda too straight forward) i think they all are very good interms of difficulty! And its really nice to see a big improvment in so many ways from raids in the past its easy to tell that the devs do listen to feedback very seriously.
  20. Trykz Dedicated Player

We did :)
    [IMG]

I agree flashtastic was better then ffr, but I love the sub boss thing. It was pretty neat to fight that many iconic in one raid. Like the bats scape duo that was really cool too, love the sub bosses.