Test Discussion Episode 41: Save the Universe

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTX Well-Known Player

It’s already proved to be not true, shield will prevent you from getting one shot. It’s not power based, just use the iconic shield if you think it is and take a look at the screenshots above, or do you wanna say it’s fake? I think in future developers have to test on their own, if people like you keep making false statements. Heat Vision also doesnt stun as hard as you said, even if that would be the case there are abilities mostly everyone can skill to gain resistent increase. If you don’t know the full game, leave this thread or get game knowledge before making those statements.
  2. SilkyPawz Bunny

I have to agree certain powers make a difference when doing the solo elite version, I had no issues doing it with Earth, but it was disaster with Water might power, I died the shield saved me a few times.

Not everyone wants to be precision, it is after all a superhero game lots want to use powers instead.

I know not the place for it but I wish the devs who I know have a lot on their plates as it is would balance under performing powers, ie Atomic, Ice and Mental.
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

The word 'Elite' seems to have morphed in to something weird in this game community, because there's a subset of players in this game who see themselves as "Elite" and use the word as a descriptor for themselves, rather than understanding its a descriptor of the content, therefore players must then meet the requirements of those players rather than the requirements of the content, which is what is actually intended.

The difficulty settings within an elite piece of content are set and decided by the developers, not the players.

An elite player is any player who actually manages to beat a piece of elite content, as designated by the developers, whether any other player in the game likes it or not and elite content is certainly not just for the 'raiders' in this game, the sooner people drop that mentality, the better; it's gone, it's the past we have elite content for everything now, as it should be and with that being the case we have to remember even elite content staggers in difficulty elite raids are at top, elite solos are at the bottom in terms of difficulty.

Elite content is simply, "content harder than normal", they've simply used the word elite to describe the content. It could equally so be "hard mode", "nightmare mode", "expert mode", "acid mode".

Although I'd suggest the problem with expert mode might be the same, because it can be construed as describing the player rather than the content and then the toxicity would continue with people insisting they're experts and other unworthy people are not experts.
    • Like x 2
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You keep dismissing everyone else’s testing as false just because you arrived to a different conclusion. That’s not how it works. Many of these players even provide videos too. You provided screenshots which can be faked. Not saying you did but screenshots can be set up. Another point you have to realize is that a lot of testers are trying to do content in a way that it is time efficient. Most players aren’t willing to sit behind a wall and peak just to use orbitals/pets/allies/SCs then go back to staying behind a wall. Most players want to actually beat the content in a timely manner so that they don’t spend 30 minutes in a solo. It’s ok to give the feedback that you did. Hopefully the devs take a look at these spots. If the choose to let players go to these zones than so be it. If you don’t like it that’s fine you can run other things
    • Like x 3
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

What power was your character using for not being one shot with the shield?? oh yeah... Fire.

My fire character was able survive the punch with no shield. But had the bad luck of being hit with Heat Vision right after.
    So sure... if you have a fire character with a shield... you will survive.
    Heck you don't even need a shield to survive with Fire.

Maybe you should get more game knowledge before calling people liars.

My Quantum character was one shot even with his shield from Quantum tunneling.

Again.... not all powers are equal.

It will be easy enough to demonstrate in a future video. ;)
  6. RTX Well-Known Player

As i only would do it that way. I´ve done it in mostly any possible way, either staying behind walls, using stun as troller, using knockback abilitys, having resistent skilled, different combat ratings, few skillpoints set or maxed out, all trinkets.

I mean sure screenshots can be faked, but exactly that moment when the numbers hit...be honest no one would waste that much time and even if someone would do, it´s easy to replicate and therefore when people saying something different its just not true that´s why im dismissing their testing. Or do you believe that it different for all players?

"What power was your character using for not being one shot with the shield?? oh yeah... Fire." the last 2 screenshots i´ve posted showing nature healer role and dps, on top of that the dps role it was avoidable with the iconic shield (which will be same with any other power). You might need a glasses but as far i know its 1080p resolution. Just go in the same way, what you see on that screenshot and pop the shield "shortly" before he going to make the ground punch, if you come back and say it would one shot you, then i would recommend you visiting a doctor.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m not saying you did. I was just say g that you can’t just dismiss everyone else’s findings. So let me ask you this instead.

How how you make it harder? Remember it’s a solo not a raid. But if you feel it needs to be harder in its current state what should be changed?
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

What do you mean when you say "i only would do it that way"? Do you complete all of your content in support role every time, despite the fact it's inefficient time-wise to do so? if so why?

Also you've created a completely false scenario in which to base your testing, there are no CR210's going in to this solo, period, because the entry requirement is CR327.

Also as I pointed out, taking your gear off and making yourself CR210 isn't the same as actually being CR210, You're falsely giving the impression that a CR210 player could beat this elite solo with ease and therefore should be buffed, but neglecting, your entire approach to testing it is false in order to give an errant impression.

You've still got residual stats sitting all over the place, enough specifically to make your shields strong enough to survive the bosses damage output, while doing enough damage to 'eventually finish the content' especially through the host of trinkets as well.

For example, if I go in there with my battle tank, I can take all of my gear off except my weapon, so no gear, no augments and no artifacts and become CR33 my stats remain 30,018 health and 11,126 dominance, so my shields are very strong still, that's because I'm still getting a massive chunk of stats simply from skill points.

However, if I strip away my skill points and then take it all off my remaining stats are 25,744 health and 4801 dominance with just my item level 295 weapon equipped.

So I went in and tried it like this and although I was able to live when I had a shield the moment I was unable to put a shield on myself I was ripped apart in seconds, survival relied entirely upon having a shield in place to prevent the incoming damage, the lack of power stat also meant I ran out of power shielding myself pretty quickly.

I could of course pervert this scenario a little bit further by pulling out a brick to assist me and since my Brick's CR didn't drop it would keep my alive quite easily but if it died I was again quickly killed.

Also just as an FYI, yes you can survive the skull attack with a shield, the only way you can survive it without a shield though and completely ignore it, is if you have absolutely full health prior, if you've taken damage, before it goes off, which is likely then you're going to be one shot if you don't comply, so really there's no issue with that either

MAGENTO's downfall was probably it seems that he used quantum tunnel, the shield that comes from that after the tunnel ends is very weak and isn't one in any case, I'd ever be recommending if you were attempting to protect yourself from a very significant strike :)

TLDR: There's actually nothing wrong with this instances difficulty, what you've done is actually create a distorted scenario to provide a skewed perception of the solo :)
    • Like x 5
  9. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

In elite content......ONLY
    Should we be able to ignore any mechanics within any of the ELITE instances? If so
    Is the content really deserving of the elite label?
    • Like x 1
  10. Rejchadar Inquisitor

What exactly do you mean by "ignore"? Using a shield? Hide behind a pillar? Use control to interrupt a boss attack? Each of these actions implies a response to the mechanics, this is not ignoring but a reaction ...
    The balance of content is not only a balance of difficulty, but also a balance of replayability, the more options for opposition, the longer the content arouses interest, perhaps the presence of the above-mentioned features makes the content less difficult, but at the same time it is more interesting to play it many times, and this is more important for many ...
    • Like x 4
  11. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Lets' not play dumb, attempt to redirect or derail the question here please.
    And,
    Considering I didnt ask you the question.
    I will now kindly ask you to refrain from comments not directed towards you.
    Thank you
    • Like x 1
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Your question is meaningless and downright stupid if you do not specify the details that I pointed out to you.
    What exactly is the mechanics and what is meant by the word "ignore". Depending on the answer to this, the answer of the developers will depend. If you do not understand such obvious things, then it is you who should no longer write in this section of the forum.
    You asked a question in a public forum and therefore everyone has the right to comment on your post, even if it is addressed to someone else. Write in private if you only want an answer from a specific person.
    • Like x 3
  13. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

If you want to get technical.
    This is a testing feedback thread not a discussion thread.
    I'm not going to ask you again to stay in your own lane.
    • Like x 1
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

My downfall is that with Quantum you need to be FULL health to survive with your shield.

Most of the fight.... my Quantum will be at 80% or 60% health.

So at 80% health.... even with your shield.... it amounts to a one shot.

If you do not have the ability to heal yourself back to full health..... your shield will not help you.

So yes.... Healing + Shield.... you will survive the one punch.

Only shield?? if youo are not already full health you will get one shot.

As for Fire.... Fire can survive even with NO shield.

So using a Fire character to show that you can survive with a shield??? make no sense because you can survive fine with NO shield using Fire.

Heck with Fire you can survive with NO shield..... NO Artifacts.....Heck even with NO weapon. ;)

Will try to make a video showing that.... but too many videos to make.... will probably make that video later this week AFTER DLC41 is already Live.

We shall see. ;)
  15. RTX Well-Known Player

I do complete the content with requirement cr and also test the support roles, since not everyone will be going in as dps.
    I also wasnt removing any gear items or skilled any dominance or health when doing it with cr210 which i´ve already shown with a screenshot, again if you´re to lazy to go a few sites back, here´s the screenshot again. Everyone can check if i lied there, sadly people like you will do anyway, even more sad that devs will have to check for themself if those screenshots shown are true. The point also never was to tell them that people will run it with cr210, it been a comparison on what can be done and what would be needed to finish that solo. Basicly not even needing cr327 to finish it.

[IMG]

At this point you only want to be true, not accepting the truth. I´ve already said that i did the same surviving with shield as nature, on top of that with the iconic shield in dps role. (There is also a screenshot of that, nothing even close to 60 or 80% HP loss.)

In general the only thing you doing rn is posting messages over messages to make them believe it wouldnt be true, while truth isnt changed with your words, theoretically you can deny everything it will still be different practically.

From my perspective they should even ban people like you from the forum, since feedback shouldnt be about your personal opinion, there is nothing you proved in any way btw.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

No, RTX, putting the CR210 gear on is still exactly the same thing I outlined to you above. It's still a false scenario with enough stats present (in fact even more than I provided) to provide you with shield strength and heals while patiently beating the content, not proof at all that the content is too easy and going to be beaten by a new player who is truly CR210 (if they even could queue, which they can't)
    • Like x 4
  17. Proxystar #Perception

That was the question I asked as well and largely speaking that answer is already 'No' you cannot ignore the mechanic.

What Rejchadar was pointing out to you was that what some people seem to be calling "ignore" is entirely NOT ignoring it.

If you put a shield on, you are NOT ignoring the mechanic, the mechanic is EXACTLY why you put the shield on and was you actively undertaking an ACTION to deal with the mechanic. That is by DEFINITION not ignoring it.

Placing yourself either behind something to block line of sight, or positioning yourself around the corner of a wall, to also block line of sight, is NOT ignoring the mechanic, because you have acknowledged the mechanic and AGAIN taken action to prevent its consequences.

The closest we get to outright ignoring the mechanic would be to do absolutely NOTHING, now if say he's about to do his "punch" and you see you're not at full health, so you decide to soder to gain full health and ignore it, you've even then NOT ignored the mechanic, you've just "Chosen Poorly", because the punch will nearly one shot you and you'll need to do something else now to heal yourself immediately afterwards and hope his punch is not immediately followed up by another attack.

if your health is lower than full and you DO absolutely NOTHING i.e. you don't hide, don't drink a soder, don't shield, don't do anything then you are DEAD, it's that simple. I've been in the solo several times testing it, if that is the approach you take, then you're dead, it's as simple as that; so it is already working under the premise that you, must acknowledge the mechanic and do something about it,

There are obviously a few options as to what you can do about it, including actually just throwing the damn crystal at him :)
    • Like x 3
  18. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

No need trying to explain what that other guy was doing.
    I was directing. My simple yes or no questions towards one of the devs in order to confirm & set my parameters for testing elite not that guy.

It's all to often that these player testers refuse to follow proper testing guidelines by asking questions on whats expected and then either trying to but into something that is none of their business or totally ignoring the fact that this is a feedback thread and not a debate or discussion thread.
  19. Magnificent Loyal Player

Since we're getting technical, we're all testers and testers discussing data has always been part of the problem-solving process. That you don't seem to understand that is your issue, not Rejchadar's.

Furthermore, this Testing forum allows us to quote and respond to one another specifically for that purpose. Were they to not want this they would simply turn the feature off for this forum.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Well actually a feedback thread is kind of both, meaningful and robust discussion can and should be had if it remains constructive.

With that being said the answer to your question and what I was really pointing out is already in the content itself, you actually cannot ignore the mechanic on the first boss fight, you have to do 'something' to deal with it, so that's really your answer.

If we were to continue looking at this particular solo (science spire) the first boss fight has in fact been worked on quite a bit, if anything the easier fight is the second and final boss, you can virtually ignore the mechanics on that fight entirely with next to no ill consequences, if we want to talk about anything in that solo then we probably should be talking about that one
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.