Test Discussion Episode 41: Save the Universe

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

Welcome to the Save the Universe thread.

Save the Universe takes past content and levels it up to End-Game CR Levels for you to enjoy.
    Please post any feedback or issues you find.

Visit Rip Hunter and his Time Sphere in the House of Legends for a Weekly Mission.

Currently Available: Release 1 (Superman Content).
    • Science Spire (Solo)
    • Phantom Zone (4-Player Operation)
    • Fortress: Power Core (8-Player)

Event, Normal and Elite versions are available for play in the Save the Universe section
    Event: This is the Leveling Version of the content and can be run for reduced difficulty and rewards.
    Normal: CR 327 Required. End-Game level content
    Elite: CR 327 Required. End-Game Elite level content

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Is it disabled?
    • Like x 1
  3. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Unclear. In the Events tab there are two versions; Regular & Elite. Both of these say Minimum CR 327. Then there's also the versions in the other tabs, for example Power Core is now a Tier 1 8 Player, Minimum CR 30. Is there also supposed to be an Event version for like level 12 & up?
  4. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

O.k., so I see that the 1 Player tab version of Science Spire also rewards Grains of Time (the Episode currency). So apparently that version is the 'Event' version, correct? If so, then only toons at CR 100+ will be able to play it. Same for the 4 Player tab version of Phantom Zone. 8 Player tab version of Power Core also awards Grains. But that still means that players below CR 30 will not be able to earn Episode currency. Is this all how the Episode is intended to work?
  5. arielflores New Player

Running Phantom Zone Elite the 1st boss Jor-El got stuck on a side, he was doing literally nothing. And we can killed him on that way, could devs check that if is an error/bug/glitch and fix it?
    • Like x 1
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

same happened to us
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Phantom Zone Elite:
    • 2nd Boss - Non
    Non's Ground pound deals damage through the whole room (intended?). The range seem to get smaller the more consoles we activated. Without a shield it was pretty much luck if you blocked just in time or not because there is no call for it (like a skull or animation pattern).

• Last Boss - Zod + Ursa
    Both Zod and Ursa were able to charge us with no warning and that resulted in a 1-hit unless our atomic tank used his Supercharge shield or we blocked by accident before. Again no call for it like skull or animation pattern. I guess even speedsters cant block within 0,1 seconds. :D
    If this doesnt change i dont see a reason to go in there without a water healer.
    Other than that, the scaling seems good. I expected a more drastic change than just these 2 bosses getting basically 1 or 2 1-hit abilities on top, but it is what it is.
  8. Irxa New Player

FoS Elite is currently broken due to allies:
    • Any boss can be permastunned by batman due to acquaman's cooldown reset. Strategy is put as many SCs as possible, use scrap of soul cloak and spam batman, bosses do not move due to being stunned permanently and die without doing anything
    • First boss, if not using the above strategy, oneshots with pull attack if no shield is used, healer/personal, sometimes even through that. Defense at 60k with 160k health for reference. Pull should not oneshot on live server stats though, cannot confirm, tank did not die to that attack though so the more defense/hp the better i guess?
    • Second boss, if not using batsy spam, does virtually no damage to tank, adds are perma-stunnable and do 0 damage anyway, you can just ignore and melt the boss, ground pound does 0 damage if grey area.
    • Last boss, again if not using batsy spam strategy, provides virtually no risk, tank can stay at distance and eat anything he throws at him, even multiple tentacles through shield, tank was rage performing this. On the other hand anything that hits you as any but tank will most likely oneshot you, surely if not blocking, most likely can survive with shield. Boss does 3x laser beam at random(?) player, one shotting across the map, virtually no range, just oneshot damage, also no skull.
    • Miniboss 1, 0 risk infinite lives it's just filler
    • Miniboss 2, the 2 bosses can wipe the group unlikely though.
    • Split part: the adds have so little health half rotation will kill them on live server, they surely don't feel like alert adds, you can split without 2 tanks 2 heals.
    • Funny enough batsy strat does not appear to work on minibosses.
    • No other allies have been tested with this strat, since batman's ST damage is the strongest there's no point using others.
    • Bridge is honestly a waste of time, you can throw the rock and get there at almost full timer, you can cheese it without doing any damage, tanks with pulls that don't stun, e.g. rage, can pull adds infinitely, alternatively use lasso artifact and profit.
    • No idea if bosses have enough health, considering the amount of batmans hitting the boss I believe they did most of the damage to them, we're just fillers calling flashpoint batman to do the job.
    • Overall the higher the damage the easier the raid, kinda like any other raid in this game, but with the nice cliche of batman absolutely annihilating bosses with Crowd control & pure damage, the dude's guns are something else.
    • Last boost loot is given before the boss dies, it's given after the first phase, when we need to activate the 2 cores stuff, after killing 1 tentacle. When boss dies no loot is given, because it's given before.
    • Tentacles at last boss, the ones that we need to kill to activate core stuff are broken, they have 5k hp, same hp as normal tier 3 raid has (?). Although they have garbage hp they can still massacre players.
    Will post anything else if i remember something important.
    We did not try to find game breaking bugs, i.e. pulling boss where he shouldn't be or stuff like that.
    Group : 1tank 1troll 1heal 5dps.
    • Like x 1
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

There's a yellow collection node in one of the rooms in the Science Spire solo, or at least the Elite version. When I interacted with it nothing happened. It disappeared, but I didn't receive any collection. I'm assuming it's not supposed to be there at all. It was in the first room you enter after Lois unlocks the door to go up to the next level.
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

I ran only the Elite Science Spire solo. It was really fun, but very confusing to catch on mechanics. When he has his skull, am I supposed to throw the kryptonite at him or hide? Because I don't always have the Kryptonite available, and he just one shots me when I hide behind boxes. Shield and blocking does nothing. I beat him with stunning him but that was confusing to say the least.
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Here is Science Spire Elite.

Only issue collections don't seem to work.

And Save the Universe Option is gone from the Quickplay Option?

12. Myoxz Well-Known Player

Ok, two things. First of all, I must say I play on US PC.
    Now to the issues
    1) On the ally mission, I received Oracle after the fight against The Batman Who Laughs. I did as instructed and collected her. Then I opened the Allies Menu, waiting for instructions. Nothing happened and the mission is still unfinished.
    2) after talking to Rip Hunter and going to the time capsule, I received the mission (doing 4 "save the universe" solos/duos, 3 alerts and a raid). I did a Phantom Zone alert but the mission counter kept "0/3 alerts"
    • Like x 1
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is already confirmed and being worked on.

This seems to be related to the missing On duty "save the universe" option. I guess you have to directly que through it but you simply cant atm because its not turned on.
    • Like x 1
  14. inferno Loyal Player

The moment Lane drops that kryptonite you have to throw it at the enemy. There is almost no extra time to make a mistake. You need to make sure that you lure him in the middle of that room where Lane always drops it. Once you hit him with it, he'll be stunned and you will be able to damage him significantly.
    • Like x 2
  15. Eve YouTuber

Here is my go at Science Spire Elite again.

messed up first try but it went fine afterwards. Thanks inferno for the tips, it really helped. :)
  16. Magnificent Loyal Player

I ran the Science Spire a couple of times over the weekend.

• Collection drops are bugged, at least the one after the room where you have to put the energy balls on the pads (at the end of the hall on the left after you leave the energy ball room).
    • The interaction icon did not always appear on the server terminal after defeating the final boss (I could still click on it and the mission finished out normally, just that the icon wasn't appearing).
    • In the first boss fight Lois takes far longer to start sending Kryptonite than she does if you're starting after having failed it once. In the first attempt I was using all my extras (orbital, sidekick, Ally, damage boost trinket) so I wonder if it's not related to doing too much damage on the boss before "Lois" is "set"?

Overall the balance was pretty good. The mobs do enough damage to keep you from taking them too lightly, but their defense is such that they can be easily taken out with a decent rotation (about like being in the open world on Day 1 of a new DLC). The bosses definitely require keeping your head in the game (at least in DPS role, I might have had it easier with them had I gone Fire Tank).

I would love to see more Elite solos.
  17. Millbarge Developer

I've found the issue where the "Save the Universe" button was not showing on the Main Menu. This should be on the next update to PCTest

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  18. Jex New Player

After running the science spire solo, you get loot locked for both science spire and iceberg lounge solo. After running fos2r or elite you get loot locked for fos2, inner sanctum alert and raid, and throne of the dead reg and elite. I can only assume these are the next pieces of content you guys are upscaling. I wasn't able to check what alerts are loot locked after running phantom zone since I haven't been able to get another run since my first.
  19. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Now the Save the Universe tab has appeared in the On Duty U/I. When selecting an instance you get the option to Change Difficulty, choices being Event, Normal & Elite. Normal & Elite have a CR Requirement of 327. The Event CR Requirement is 100 for Science Spire & Phantom Zone, CR 30 for Power Core. So, is it correct that only CR 100 and above will be able to play the Solo & Alert during the Event period of Ep 41?
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That is correct. There is no traditional "event" mode for this episode. Instead the "event" versions will be the original versions, gated behind whatever their CR entry point is now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.