Test Discussion Episode 41: Save the Universe

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canadian Justice Committed Player

The way he framed it, I got the sense it was to show that the content was still "too easy". He said as much.

If all he wanted to show was the cheese tactics, he could have just done so without the grandstanding.
    • Like x 2
  2. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

RTX
    If you dont mind me asking.
    Is English your native language?
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Lmao they be making elite solos,duos,alerts harder then the elite raids the opposite of what people want,good job…
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Personally I have no issue with people being up ways that it can be skipped so the devs are aware. But the way he did state it and the format in which he did it also made it seem he wanted it to be harder because he found it easy. In earlier post he stated that it could be done with 210 cr without saying that it was possible by doing certain actions that end up making it so mechanics could be ignored. It wasn’t until I requested further context that he revealed that was it was achieved by using pillars to avoid attacks and letting let’s kill and also by flying and standing on the circuit to avoid attacks. All while being tank to mitigate damage and heal.

So I don’t have issue with him bringing it up and showing the devs “this is what I found that can be done to avoid mechanics. And if these get patched the solo would be a proper difficulty”. Instead of “the solo is still to easy and I was able to beat it at cr 210”.

When giving feedback in an official thread like this it’s important to give as much detail as possible so that the devs can’t take it to consideration
    • Like x 1
  5. RTX Well-Known Player

It´s not that it would be only possible with the cheese, just not as easy when beeing cr210 (it would take longer and with some deaths, this been the quick way since you wanted me to proove) I also never said it would be possible when not beeing in a support role, if its fire tank, or atomic tank or any other healer role, it isn´t that much about a specific power. The following picture shows the same run where i just used a "knockback ability" to avoid last boss freeze blast. It´s not that they could just make you grounded and it would change that much. I´ve also refer to my first post about this, where i stated that its way to easy when beeing DPS cr300, which is also below cr327 requirement. This been just to show that if you know how to avoid specific attacks, the bosses themself dont do much. Specificly first boss where all beams or blast attacks just have to be lunged, which you notice when hes going to do them after beeing in there a few times, so you won´t even get 1 incoming tick by that. Also the ground punch you can use roll 2 times and you´re also out of range, which will take longer and makes it more risky if you dont cheese, which should be obvious (when beeing cr210 or below)

[IMG]

You´re right, i also wanted to include those ways.

I could do that when i´ve the time, possibly next time as healer idk. Also look at the picture, only that attack can hit you hard and is avoidable when beeing out of range.

No
    • Like x 1
  6. Zamara Dedicated Player

How about you stop making assumptions and read the whole thing i posted, i know what i had to do, i wasn't able to do it because of how bad timed it was, his heat vision was hitting me when one of his 4 allies that were surrounding me had just knocked me down, while getting back up i switched back to target him and was shown the knocked out screen, didn't even get time to try to attempt to lunge. All of that went down in 4s at max. 4s to get back up, switch targets to him again, get out of his ad wall and lunge him and that's hoping your health bar isn't gone by then. If i hadn't been locked in by his ads i would've done it.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You keep saying “people want people want people want” or “people are leaving because it’s to easy”, or “people liked x dlc because it was hard”. Please provide actual data for said information. And these threads are about testing these content that will be coming up and things you are finding. Bugs that are present making it easier than intended. Bugs that are doing different things than they should. I get that you think everything is ti easy. You are entitled to you own opinion. But let’s not ruin this thread with you complaining none stop of how unchallenged you feel and you thinking yet another dlc will kill the game
    • Like x 1
  8. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Thank for your response. I thought I should ask so people do not take your wording out of context so easily.
    • Like x 1
  9. RTX Well-Known Player

You said you been fire, it got breakout abilitys you can use and would have lunged him within the 4 secs easily.
    Btw you can also make use of target lock.
  10. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

I already assumed that but I wanted to double check just to be on the safe side.
    • Like x 1
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Anything can be made to look easy if you are just running behind pillars to avoid attacks. That’s why it would be a good idea for the devs to add a barrier so that things like that can be stopped. You can make it so that his attacks one shot but if you keep putting an open table between you and the boss it still won’t change things. He could take 5x more damage while he can do 5x more damage to you and it still won’t change anything if you are able to keep hiding behind a wall. So again, that’s not because of difficulty. It’s because you are able to hide while your pets do all the damage. So instead of saying it’s to easy just ask for the things being to used to cheese are blocked.

How about you go back in as a 300 cr dps and not hide behind pillars and jumping on things that will block attacks. See if the difficulty increases. If it gets harder then you know that these zones should be blocked.
    • Like x 1
  12. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Just as I thought. If you notice RTX sentence structure. You notice, unlike me. My mistakes are letters next to the one I'm typing. His wording will get flipped the opposite from how the English language works. Not all the time but here and there. Thats why you misunderstood his meaning and thinking it might be grandstanding.
    • Like x 1
  13. RTX Well-Known Player

If you would have read what i´ve written and the picture you would know by now that its also possible without the cheese or hide behind anything, by just keeping distance when hes going to do the attacks, first boss is really simple there since he lifting up his arm for about 5 seconds, where you really should get away. (shouldnt even be needed when beeing cr300). You also can use abilitys to stun him when he lift his arm, after that you even have more time, since he will try the ground punch after beeing stunned, by knowing that you´re already in india. (Pets also can stun it)

Thanks for clarifying, sorry about that.
  14. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

No need to apologize &
    You're welcome.

I have & had friends from all over the world. A couple really good friends from northern Europe and I grew up in a household/s that used English, Spanish, German, Dutch and Japanese. It's usually one of the first things I pick up on.
    • Like x 1
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Seems like they listened to players like you and didnt go well.. not my business enjoy
    • Like x 1
  16. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Except he says it's too easy. Lowers his CR to "prove" it. And then relies on cheese to get through it. English or not, it's how he chose to test and "prove" his theory.

If he can walk in as a 210 dps, and accomplish the same, without the cheese (with video proof of no cheese). Sure, too easy. Not going to happen though.

The pillars and terminal should be blocked out somehow. In the not so recent past, Legion DLC, a repulse effect was used to prevent certain items in the alert from being used in the same way the terminal at the end is used here. Perhaps a repulse effect could be added to the pillars as well.

Following all mechanics, nailing counters and preventing big boss attacks through legit player action should make an instance easy though. I don't the complaint. People want a skill based game, there it is. Skillful execution of mechanics, intelligent play and survival instincts = easy and approachable play. If doing all that results in anything but, I'd say the game would be fundamentally broken.
    • Like x 3
  17. Zamara Dedicated Player

I have reignition on my loadout and it wasn't up so i just used R1 to try to get out, and i tend to swap around targets a lot so i don't usually lock into anything (which i agree would've made a big difference there), i know auto lock is there but i play on PS mainly and it bugs out a lot so i keep it off even when on PC.
    • Like x 2
  18. RTX Well-Known Player

You also dont read or look at anything i´ve posted. Again i´ve never said you could do it as cr210 dps, i wouldnt have words for that if that would be possible. Also it´s not just the gear, its without mods and artefacts, and 140sp set.

Again i mentioned the methods to do it without hiding or cheese, read that before you reply to anything.

Alright, now i understand that a little better. Btw as i said before, try next run with pets and abilitys which can stun his ground punch, if that didn´t timed right you can still walk away/roll away avoiding it. I´ve been a little to offensive to you, some people in here really playing with my patience when not reading posts completly.
  19. RTX Well-Known Player

That´s for the beeing fire tank statement. Its even simpler when beeing healer lmao, what you testing?

[IMG]

Oh wait, what a cheese way to have a healer loadout in dps role
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I've read what you posted. You set up a skewed scenario to "prove" how "easy" something is.

Running with no arts and low SP, perfectly valid. I took no issue with that approach, so I didn't mention it. I do that often myself.

Nor did I mention you following mechanics, it's simply not noteworthy. That's what players are supposed to do. If it's easy when ignoring mechanics, that is a problem. Countering mechanics and the fight becoming easier is not. If there is no difference in difficulty between intended entry level and a more maximized character, that is a problem.

If you don't cheese mechanics and ignore them, is it still easy? I'd imagine not. Displaying skill in countering mechanics and attacks should have a huge impact on how successful you are.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.