Test Discussion Episode 41: Save the Universe

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTX Well-Known Player

My pictures not displayed for you? lmao
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Lol its no surprise that elite got so easy with the feedback the devs are getting.. and your pictures are visible to me i think these people cant deal with the truth
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As I said many time you are more than welcome to actually show any kind of proof that the players have been leaving because of difficulty. You can bring actual proof that the games been dying because of “people like me”. Literally any proof. In fact flashpoint has brought back more people than any recent dlc. The last time that the game had this many active players was between March and may of 2020. If people were really leaving because these raids were so easy than episode 40 should’ve been one of the worst performing dlcs. Instead of pushing your agenda how about proving proof. And making actual suggestions.

Anyways this thread has been getting a little derailed so I’m done with this topic.
    • Like x 3
  4. Zamara Dedicated Player

I actually gave it another try earlier, on DPS role again and after a few deaths i remembered i used to take care of his attack with the bow, using explosive shot, gave it a try and got through on the first try, he did keep trying to make his attack more often so i had to interrupt him more but it somehow felt smoother than when i was trying to use the chunks. And making sure to get the ads controlled did make lunging him easier.
    The last boss went down on the first try, got most of the bombs, failed to get one but it was on the other side of the room so it didn't make a difference.
    • Like x 1
  5. RTX Well-Known Player

You also can take care of that by simply having shields in your loadout, as seen in my screenshots above
  6. Zamara Dedicated Player

I always have a shield on my loadout no matter what, never know when i'll need it to stay alive or pick someone up. But since i interrupted him every time on that try there wasn't much need for one.
    • Like x 1
  7. RTX Well-Known Player

Kinda easy right? Did you need soder cola or home turf sidekick, supply drop or other supportive trinkets?
  8. Zamara Dedicated Player

i interrupted him a bit late during one of his heat vision attacks so i did need to pop the soda there but just that, no trinkets or sc.
    Last fight not entirely sure what happened but i almost run out of power when he was almost down but i finished it with my weapon there. It was ~5% left or less.
  9. zNot Loyal Player

the devs know it, and you dont need to you know it because it wont change anything apart from that you will find new excuses since you cant deal with high difficulty,the responses we got in the past shows that they are aware of this so keep on trying it

Btw im talking about endgame players leaving im not denying that new players got into the game and what does elite raids have to do with new players?
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Science Spire Elite - Solo Feedback

CR 339 - Earth (DPS Role, DPS Gear) - Might Based
    Stat Points - 295 in Might/Power, 20/40 Crit Chance/Magnitude
    Artifacts - Grim, Trans Card, Strat Card (Rank 200)
    Augments - Mighty Speed Force Cell x2 - Rank 11, Mighty Metagene x4 Rank 302
    Loadout - Whirling Dervish, Jackhammer, Robot Sidekick, Entomb, Tectonic Break, Unstoppable
    Allies - Flashpoint Batman, Professor Zoom, Aquaman - all max level

First Boss Fight
    This fight is now more challenging as there are the two adds that come out during the battle and you either need to position yourself correctly or use the Kryptonite chunk to avoid a one shot, the adds create just that extra layer of attention being required to ensure you're not just burning him before engaging any mechanics - I have no issues with where this fight is at.

Second Boss Fight
    This fight was less challenging than the first if I'm being honest, I was loosely able to ignore everything and dis-armed one bomb before the boss was dead, to be fair I was close to death at one point doing it like this and had to take a soder, I did also use a supercharge and Flashpoint Batman during this fight, which is at max level, we won't have this first day on live.

General Comments
    I think to be fair to wider players I have to discount some degree of experience, this obviously isn't the first time I've been in this solo, I did a lot during its first rotation, so my experience isn't going to necessarily be reflected within the wider community just in terms of skill application. I think the solo did pose a reasonable challenge, because I complied with the mechanics, if you ignore the mechanics, particularly in the first boss fight you'd run in to some trouble, I don't think its fair to buff things because it becomes 'easier' when you comply with the mechanics, that's exactly what you're supposed to be doing to make it easier.

I think it also important to remember that this is a solo, yes it has elite in its name, but it is also a solo and content difficulty should and I believe is scaled based on content size, an elite solo isn't going to be an elite duo, an elite alert or an elite raid, this solo doesn't need to be at the difficulty of larger group content, although its there to provide a challenge to the player it isn't intended to replicate the experience found within an elite raid per se, if that makes sense. For that reason although you could possibly make "clicking the bombs" in the final boss fight a bit more critical this solo is in a good place.
    • Like x 4
  11. RTX Well-Known Player

It´s just sad that you wrote that. No you dont have to care about the mechanics, not even for the first boss. You also can be 100+ cr points below and it doesnt matter, you can pop shields and heals. I hate to say it but you´re also ignoring what been shown and written. You also can ignore the chunk completly, even zamara mentioned it. I dont know if there are 10 different versions of the elite solo science spire that you can come across which such a different expierence. You might also just not making use of a decent loadout for specific content, that a raid loadout wont do well should be obvious when not having the support roles behind you. I somehow feel like the content is scaling with combat rating, otherwise i cant explain it.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I'm happy to try and help you, but try to avoid the unnecessary nonconstructive comments like your first sentence :)

Ok so I just went back in and more purposefully ignored the chunk, it did not one shot me, but it nearly did, it made my screen entirely black, had I been hit again before sodering then I'd have been killed.
    1. Please remember, shielding, is not ignoring the chunk
    2. Hiding yourself from line of sight, is not ignoring the chunk,
    3. Preparing yourself to heal through the chunk blast, is not ignoring the chunk.
    Ignoring the chunk is literally doing nothing and outright not caring about it, period, with that being said, if you ignore the chunk you will all but kill yourself.

The question really is, should a player have even a whiff of a second chance after ignoring the mechanic outright, i.e. should it be a literal one shot, perhaps but that's something for the devs to decide, based on its current structure they're saying, if you ignore the chunk you're going to have to do something to save yourself, I'm on the fence about that, not phased one way or the other really.
  13. RTX Well-Known Player

We seem to have a different definition there, since in my definition using shield and not touching the chunk is ignoring it. But that doesnt matter, the more important part is what i´ve written within the last 10 posts. Its easy even when beeing under equipped and as you said you could even do it with cr40 battle tank then it definitly is, i dont care if its caused by a bug/glitch whatever, i just stated that its possible and way to easy. If it now turns out to be a bug, it doesnt change the fact. Which some people before seemed to ignored, or just saying it wouldnt be like that, while i think you can tell aswell now that its proved to be easy even with low combat rating bug or no bug.

Thanks for removing that part and you wonder why im getting mad? luckily devs see what been changed.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I think there's more too it, outside of the instances intended difficulty... Curiously when you've gone to a low CR have you achieved that simply by taking your gear off? What else have you still got equipped elsewhere, such as SP and augments, what are the stats you've still got while in support role? i.e. if your resto, dominance, health etc is still reasonable high based on stats you're deriving from elsewhere. It's one thing to be genuinely low CR, it's another entirely to just pretend to be so, while disregarding all other stat sources.

Its quite possible you'll have enough stats to prevent your own death while slowly killing the instance, albeit in an inefficient manner.
  15. RTX Well-Known Player

Well i´ve made a screenshot of the stats when i been fire tank, split the health -50%* should been something around 42k-46k cant remember, not going to log in for that and you know the stats in healer and dps role (slightly higher since i forgot to change to low trinket)

Atleast nothing close to compare to cr300+ stats
  16. Miserable Dedicated Player

Have the devs expressed this view at some point? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing because I don't know exactly how the devs' vision for elite has evolved over the years, but I do know for a fact that in the early days, when elite was first introduced, it absolutely was "for elite players." I'm just curious where your idea that elite just means harder than regular comes from because you're not the first person I've seen claim this.
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

In my opinion, applying the “elite” name to content was a mistake (made by Spytle if I remember correctly). He knew it was a toxic word, but seemed to revel in it at the time. They could have called it “Heroic”’or something, and it would probably have had less toxic reaction (well, except for villains who don’t want to be heroes). Maybe “Legendary”? Maybe “Epic”? Maybe “Charon’s Special”?
    • Like x 1
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They never confirmed one or the other. But they can’t confirm because if they change their mind the one side or the other will be up in arms screaming about them going back one what they said. It is true that elite versions used to be much more difficult. But at the same time regular used to be much more difficult too. After elites where introduced the regular versions started getting easier and over time elite also started getting easier to allow more participation.

Instead of calling it elite they could’ve just called it enhanced or something similar. Enraged? Exulted? Abyssal?
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Or just kept the „expert“ version that we had during Fos 123.
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Tested Science Spire Elite Venz fight a bit more.

Used the HoL Bot... and Cyborg and Batman.

With Quantum..... it can be easy... or very tough.
    If you can keep Venz off balance..... and if you can CC him and his allies.... you should be fine.....
    unless he punches the ground.
    If he does that it's instant one shot. You can try to hide behind something.... but it does not work if you hide behind breakable objects. And if you fly.... flying is suuuuperrrr slow in battle. So if you did not bring the fight close to a spot where you can hide..... you will never reach that spot in time.
    And his punch goes right through your shield. So even with a shield he one shots you.

Switched to Fire.
    And the fight was much easier.
    And I had no weapon. I forgot to switch my Controller weapon for a DPS/Tank weapon.
    And I did not even switch to Tank... I stayed DPS.... and even in DPS role I healed easily enough.
    But again... if he punches the ground.... that is pretty much game over.
    I was able to survive by healing myself as he punched the ground...... but then he went straight to Heat Vision right after and I was done for it.

For those saying you can interrupt Heat Vision...... Heat Vision from Venz seems to stun you for half a second.... 1 second??.... and oftentimes that is enough to take you down to 0 HPs before you can even lunge him.
    And even if you manage to interrupt him.... you are left with maybe 20% HPs?? if your cola in on cooldown.... unless you have some other way to heal yourself.... you are in trouble and it's probably game over man.... game over. ;)

And if Venz and his allies all focus on you.... they will juggle stun you.

Although with Fire I was using Empowered Channeling. Which helped a bit.

Will try to make a video compare the two to show the difference....
    and how using different powers can make a HUGE difference.

If I was a betting man.....
    I would bet that people who think it's too easy uses OP powers.... or powers that can heal themselves a lot like Fire.

People who think the difficulty is too HIGH..... odds are they use a less OP power??

Will have to test it a bit more....
    Will try to make a video comparing the 2.

You pretty much have to decide if you will use the Kryptonite or not from the start.
    If you decide to use it.... led the fight to the centre of the map and stay there..... otherwise trying to travel across the map to try to get the Kryptonite will get you in trouble.

Or if you decide to hide from the One Punch.... lead the fight to a spot where you can hide. And forget about the Kryptonite.

Or keep the fight where Venz spaws and interrupt CC him any chance you can. And hope you can keep him off balance and defeat him before he can punch the ground.

Again.... will try to make a video a bit later if I can.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.