Test Discussion Episode 40: Artifacts - Circe's Mask

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Apr 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You and the other person I feel like have some thing against Severe Punishment and are only speaking in tank role. Severe Punishment also works as a DPS. I wasn't here to test out Mystic Symbol but why doesn't it work with Severe Punishment??? Did a dev mention the reason or did players just simply voiced their opinion to have it not work??
    You can't be serious about "I think it would be right if none of these artifacts work with Severe Punishment". You're singled out Rage Tank from the rest of the tank powersets. Honestly this feels like Lernaea's Amulet all over again in where it was nerfed for tanks simply because its not the meta.

Anyways, if Ranmaru is saying that the artifact is supposed to increase ALL incoming heals then that also means Severe Punishment and if that's the case then Mystic Symbol should also reflect that. Your logic that Severe Punishment is a unique mechanic therefore shouldn't benefit from Circe Mask is wrong in my opinion. Every Tank has a unique feature to them. Ice has many shields, Earth has brick and sandstorm, Rage has Severe Punishment, Atomic has its combos.
  2. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Do you like it or not, but Severe Punishment not heal, its healback. You not healing yourself with that power, you just receive N% healback from damage dealt to you. Only one Rage power working as pure heal - Ire. All others is leech powers based on damage... More damage = more heal. Long story short, Mystical Symbol of Seven not affect anything but Ire and it's working as intended.
    • Like x 1
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

It's still a heal nevertheless no matter how unique the mechanic of the heal is. You're getting incoming heals/healing received are practically the same just worded different.

Mystic Symbol of the Seven
    -increase healing received by 10% (that wording suggest the heals you receive, you can't just single out a powerset because they have different healing mechanics)
    Going based on the wording it should apply to all heals no matter how unique the healing mechanic is. How this got by test server is odd.

Circe Mask
    -Increase healing by 10,20,30% (It's practically the same wording, only thing missing is received but Ranmaru clarified it should be for ALL heals going based on that logic is why I am in favor of Mystic unless of course the dev clarifies again.
  4. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

Both the Symbol and this new Mask should be worded to state that the increased healing only impacts heals that are calculated using the Resto stat. That should prevent any bickering.

Severe Punishment doesn't need ANY kind of buff. It would be way too OP. Think about it like this. Right now if you get hit for 100k it heals back 75k. If this artifact increases heals by 30%, that goes up to 97.5k. God forbid the Symbol stacked on top of that. You would heal for more than you got hit for.

If the devs decide to make it work with ALL heals and healing mechanics like Severe, you'll see 96% on tanks switch to Rage because of how broken it will be.
  5. zNot Loyal Player

Why do you want this to work on severe punishment? Its obvious that it is TOO strong with severe punishment and i would like to hear what the dev of this thread thinks about this so we can stop this talk.
  6. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

I will repeat once again: Severe Punishment its NOT HEAL... If you can't understand that it's your problem. Further discussion is pointless.
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

96% is a made up number. Severe Punishment isn't just for rage tanks. Artifacts were made to change players playstyle and be more open to different ways of playing this game.
    I'm not biased which is why I wish I could say about this thread. You're alienating Rage because of its unique mechanic.
    What color do you see when your health is low and Severe Punishment is active and you're receiving damage in which your getting healed back? Is it white numbers? Yellow numbers....? It's green numbers what do green numbers represent? Heals! However you want to see it regardless of your opinion it's a heal NEVERTHELESS. The fact that the dev has already stated Circe Mask heals ALL should tell you already but go on continue with your belief.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

In Severe Punishment's description:
    You gain +10% Control Resistance and become Enraged, healing back a portion of damage taken for 8 seconds, after which you suffer from Rage Crash causing all healed damage to instantly return.
    • Like x 1
  9. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Pure healing and healing back from damage... Do you understand difference?
  10. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Could you please clarify which shields should trigger it?

The powerset shields are obvious but will iconic power shields like Hardlight Shield and Amazonian Deflection also trigger it? I'd like to use AD with it specifically.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Healing is healing but I'll wait for Ranmaru to confirm Severe Punishment is supposed to benefit from Circe's Mask.
  12. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Every power with "shield" in description.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Healing is healing, but Severe Punishment it's not healing. It work differrent. It's not based on your Resto and Dom and not treat as heal... it's just returning to you some amount of health after taking damage. You can test it by yourself and not waiting the answer...
  14. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I believe they do but can't check right now. I'm asking specifically because other items like the shielding tactical mod typically exclude Amazonian Deflection or other Iconic powers. It's hit and miss.
  15. Mr.W Committed Player

I can see both sides & I know how healthy a rage tank can be (I have one) however per the wording in the artifacts description & Ranmaru's further clarification the increased healing should also include severe punishment. Though it works differently you are gaining health (or healing) back a percentage of health that you lost.

I understand the major concern is healing back more than the damage you take but fire's eternal flame supercharge can already produce similar returns in some instances if your resto & health is high enough.

I do, however, feels that severe punishment should be capped on its increase well before the 30% since it is not a supercharge.
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Tanks generally have 5 different healing mechanics:
    1. Based on the general healing formula "(30 % resto + 25 % dom) * base healing multiplier", most of the healing in the game is based on this formula (healers, fire tank, and individual skills of powersets, artifacts, etc.).
    2. Theft of life (part of the healing of the rage tank, some skills of healers (for example, celestial), such artifacts as the Amulet or Lasso).
    3. Healing based on the amount limited to a constant percentage of the Health (aura of an atomic tank, EoG artifact, some pets ...)
    4. Healing based on a value limited to a constant percentage of the Dominance (atomic tank combos)
    5.healing based on the amount limited to a constant percentage of the damage dealt to the tank (Sever Punishment- rage tank)

All healing except "Sever Punishment" depends to one degree or another on the statistics of the tank or its allies ... "Sever Punishment" depends on the statistics of the enemy ...
    • Like x 1
  17. zNot Loyal Player

The 10% incoming healing passive buff from Mystic smybol also didnt apply to severe punishment why would this one apply? It makes NO sense. It simply shouldnt work with severe punishment and Batuba did mystic smybol of the seven soo why did he not include severe punishment? Because he knows it shouldnt work with it.
  18. Rejchadar Inquisitor

At the moment, this artifact is broken, so it is not clear what should and what should not work, but on the test server the artifact is triggered with powersets shields, hard light shield, and mm shields, alas, it does not work with Amazonian Deflection, so I advise you to raise this question;)
    • Like x 2
  19. Mr.W Committed Player

I get you & I know the mechanic is very unique & why i suggest this gain from this artifact be capped for severe punishment. Symbols has a key word that this artifact does not.

Symbols says increase healing received

Circes' mask simply says increase healing.

Very similar but b/c this artifacts doesn't (through description) apply any limits to the types of healing mechanics & Ranmaru further clarified even hp healing should be included b/c it uses our health to calculate the heal, severe punishment shouldn't be completely excluded but I do think it should be limited as to how much healing it can gain from this artifact effect.
  20. zNot Loyal Player

It shouldnt work with it at all.. also severe punishment got nerfed in the past due to its high healing potential if this artifact would apply to this even with a cap it would make the nerf meaningless lol i seriously hope that our new dev wont make it apply to severe punishment because that would be OP like seriously.

And Fire should benefit from this artifact and atomic thats fine these powersets arent being used as often and would increase their performance with this artifact.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.