Test Discussion Episode 40: Artifacts - Circe's Mask

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Apr 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.W Committed Player

You even think something like 0.5%, 1%, 1.5% is too much?
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Yes anything would be too much the thing that makes rage good is severe punishment and buffing that by 30% with this artifact not even including the healer healing you more for 30% is just asking to be OP.

Im wondering though what about abilitys that Heal us based on the damage that we inflict will those be increased too? @Developer
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Im 99% sure yes since that one is actually resto based. And even further atomic combo abilitys should apply too with this new artifact which is really good thats how i understood it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mr.W Committed Player

I do see your side which is why I was as moderate as possible lol, but I guess thats just a difference in opinion. We'll just have to wait on Ranmaru's final verdict :)
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What new dev?
  6. zNot Loyal Player

I meant our new dev for artifacts. I know hes not „new“ but hes the new person taking batubas spot.
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Amazonium Deflection doesn't trigger it even if you cancel out of the animation. I tried Hardlight-shield and the animation didn't appear yet I saw a video in this thread that it does. I can't properly test like that. Celestial has 2 shields, the pure and corrupted one. I wanted to try that out as well but will have to hold on that until there's a hotfix to this artifact.
    Was it brought up or you're just speaking purely from opinion?
    • Like x 1
  8. zNot Loyal Player

Listen I dont know what you trying to do but anyone that actually has some sort of a realistic mindset would know that this artifact with severe punishment is too OP

wherever you accept this fact or not try all you want and i doubt that this dev will make your wish come true.

it is actually insane that you STILL think that 30% incoming heal for 5 seconds after a shield breaks should include healing for severe punishment that already has like 75% like seriously? Are you Trolling? What exactly was the point of nerfing severe punishment back in the days? So it can get buffed back up by a artifact?

Keep in mind that the healer would still heal rage for 30% more even if it doesnt increase healing done by severe punishment so its not useless for rage.
  9. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That rant of yours had nothing to do with what I even said. I'm not even talking about Circe Mask when I qouted you. I said was it brought up (referring to Mystic Symbol 10% healing not working with Severe Punishment) or are you speaking purely out of opinion.
    • Like x 1
  10. zNot Loyal Player

The 10% increased healing from symbol is the same the new artifact works i strongly assume why would that change? Also im pretty sure that both of them have the same effect severe punishment was probably never meant to work with this artifact and i would Really like to get a response from the dev so people can stop this talk about this one ability since its a thread for the artifact itself.
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Thank you, now that wasn't so hard to say instead of that rant don't you think. I agree on the last part. This thread is pointless until the needed fixes happen. We as a community can't test the artifact so until then I'm laying off.
  12. Dogico Loyal Player

I know the artifact seems broken right now but when kinks are worked out can people test Personal Dampening Field?
  13. Mr.W Committed Player

Please allow this to trigger with Amazon deflect.
    • Like x 2
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Now that there's been a hotfix to the artifact I been able to test it again.

-Leeching attacks such as Channeled Rage, and Lernaea's Amulet Finisher does not apply to the increase in healing.
    -Amazonium Deflection does not trigger the animation
    -Celestial has two shields, both Blessing and the corrupt version of Blessing works with the art however because the corrupt version of Blessing has a short cooldown if you try to spam it again, you won't trigger the animation. Is this intended?

(Not sure if I noticed this on my atomic tank toon that I was also on. I had Density and Hardlight-Shield. I'll do so more testing in multiple shields spam)

Since my main is an atomic battle tank on the PS4 I took the liberty of testing out Circe Mask with Lernaea's Amulet. I should have recorded the outcome of fighting a bounty in the Thanagarian area. As long as I watch my power, I can continue fighting. Then again taking off Lenaea's Amulet and still keeping Circe Mask will net better results. I was just checking the challenge in pairing it with the amulet.

I forgot to mention!!
    -Severe Punishment also doesn't work with the art.

Rage players don't see much use in having Circe Mask. Their powers are mostly leeching attacks and damage received healing.
    Fire players can see this working with them along with Atomic.
    • Like x 3
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I kept testing both the purify and corrupted version of Blessing and the animation of the artifact won't trigger if you spam DMcB after you already got the animation from the previous DMcB. I then tried Blessing first and waited till the shield was broken then I activated DmcB right after and the animation of the art never appeared. I believe there's a time window in when you can have Circe Mask activated from a shield.

In dps role our heals are doo doo but after getting the animation from Circe Mask I can spam Renew to get my health all the way. This is without any mods or skill points put in.

All I had on was the 339 cr test server gear and Circe Mask.

-BcM heals are not affected by Circe Mask as BcM is also a leeching attack.

Overall from my testing healer powersets in dps role can make real use of Circe Mask such as Celestial, Sorcery, Electric, Nature and Water. I know the meta as a dps is to have all dps artifacts but there are many playstyles you can do. I'm so bold in stating I wouldn't mind having Circe Mask, Orb of Arion and Manacles of Force.
    • Like x 2
  16. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I’m troubled that Amazonium Deflection doesn’t work with the artifact. It’s classified as a shield. Is it intended not to work with the artifact because it’s also a block?
    • Like x 2
  17. Psyfur Well-Known Player

Amazonium Deflection’s [block] classification didn’t exempt it from Manacles 10% shield cooldown reduction. So can Circe’s Mask be granted the same leeway here?
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

BUG REPORT: Hi Ranmaru, This artifact is not functioning correctly with Earth's Gemstone shield.

The artifact is supposed to trigger upon when the shield either breaks or expires, this works correctly when you use Gemstone shield with only 1 Gem, however, it does not work correctly when you construct Gemstone shield into the maximum 4.

When you construct a maximum Gemstone shield (4 gems) the artifact does not trigger upon the expiration/breaking of Gemstone it instead triggers when you reconstruct your Gemstone shield.

Thanks.
  19. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Agree
    There seems to be a time-frame of when the art can be used again. I noticed this in my celestial toon on test server. How long does it take you to use Gemstone again since you can do it up to 4 times? If I activate Blessing and wait for the duration to end, I'll see the animation of the art and soon after that I activate DMcB and it doesn't activate it. A reply in these issues would be helpful for further testing.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

I wondered that myself, but it seemed to do it every time despite giving it plenty of time to reset, the artifact itself however does not say there is a cooldown or just a chance it'll trigger, it's supposed to trigger every time, or am I mistaken there?

I figured it must be something unique to gemstone since it's a shield that's constructed, it worked perfectly fine with hard light shield for example.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.