Test Discussion Episode 40: Artifacts - Circe's Mask

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Apr 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranmaru Developer

Howdy Everyone, This is the thread for reporting bugs and general feedback for the Episode 40 Artifacts,

Circe's Mask

Rank 80:
    Shackles Unleashed: Upon a Shield expiring unleash a nova Stunning up to 2 nearby units and granting you 10% increased healing for a short duration

Rank 120:
    • Increased Healing from 10% to 20%
    Rank 160:
    • Increased Healing from 20% to 30%
    Rank 200:
    • now stuns upto 5 nearby units
    Recommendations:

This artifact is pretty straight forward, it is useful on any one that uses shields and even helps in a pinch when you shield is down.

Recommended Artifact Parings:
    • Manacles of Force
    • Lasso of Truth
    • Dilustel Refractor
    • Mystical Symbol of the Seven
  2. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

I'm curious about the wording used here. It states, "Upon a shield expiring". Does that mean only shields that you cast, or do other shields placed on you such as healer shields count?

And by "expiring", does that mean breaking or does it count if it runs out before breaking?

Also, how long is the short duration that the increased healing lasts?
    • Like x 1
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

At least for the stun component, it only works with shields that you cast on yourself. If a healer casts a shield and you have Circe's Mask equipped, you don't get the stun. If you have Circe's Mask equipped and cast a shield on another player, that player will not trigger the stun when the shield expires.
    • Like x 1
  4. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

Good to know. Thanks for the reply.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Is one of these a typo? The artifact itself says the word "broken", broken means busted through from damage, expiring means just wearing out, which one is it? :)
  6. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

That's exactly why I was asking.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ranmaru Developer

The increased healing as well as AoE stun will activate if the Shield expires or is broken.
    • Like x 6
  8. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I didn't make a video of this, but I tried with Earth's gemstone shield and Fire's Immolation (as well as Dash Attack) and neither saw an animation when the shield broke (looking for some obvious animation, like manacles' bracers) nor anything listed under current effects. I did the stupid thing and forgot to unlock hardlight shield, but I didn't want to head back in to respec. This artifact was challenging to test, so I will chalk up tonight's attempts at bad luck regarding any proc. I had the mask at level 200.

Suggestion: Adjust the grammar in the wording of the artifact to form a complete sentence; it's missing a period at the end of the effects description.
  9. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

Good to know. So basically, when your shield disappears it procs.

Can you let us know how long the increased healing lasts?
    • Like x 1
  10. Mr.W Committed Player

May you clarify if a healer/troll will gain the percentage boost after the shield expires or if that isn't intended.
  11. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

Oh, the concept that it might work with a healer shield could make this artifact considerable. Picture this, an electric healer using Biocapacitor and Page of Destiny. If the healer takes big hit and Flux breaks but doesn't kill the healer, then the heals from Biocapacitor and Page of Destiny would both get a 30% buff. That scenario only benefits the healer, but it's a thought.

Also, could there be a time mentioned in the description of the mechanic or would it be too helpful for the user to know how long the buff lasts?
    • Like x 1
  12. Mr.W Committed Player

For the 200 effect can the stuns be increased from 5 targets to 8?

Thats a lot of xp for it not to be uniform with lasso's 8 target stun.

All in all this artifact has me intrigued. Good job
    • Like x 3
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Should there be an effect on self-healing by fire? I checked on different skills of self-healing by the fire, and did not notice any difference (after the end of "Immolation", after the end of the "Hard-Light Shield", after the "Immoliation" fell from damage, after the "Hard-Light Shieald" fell from damage,tank role, dps role...).
  14. diangelo Level 30

So the main benefit of this artifact is the increased healing...it’s odd that the exact duration of the increased healing isn’t listed and that it doesn’t increase as the artifact is leveled.

I’d much rather it states it lasts 3/6/6/9 seconds at the different levels of Shackles Unleashed.
    • Like x 2
  15. Psyfur Well-Known Player

Is anyone noticing increased heals from Mystic Symbol of the Seven after shield expiration?
  16. Mr.W Committed Player

Can this artifact also be triggered if a player is block broken, pushed, or stunned out of Amazon deflect please
  17. Mr.W Committed Player

I agree it would be more helpful to know how long the buff last to allow a player to better guage their survivability when a shield drops.

However, I feel starting as low as 3secs is too low & would kind of be a waste of metal unless you put 1.6M xp into this day 1. Even starting at 6sec is kind of pushing it to me.
  18. diangelo Level 30

I agree that it should be longer to make it worth it to get. I was just guessing super small numbers based on “short duration”. (If you read the actual description it’s different from the one listed in this post and doesn’t say anything about the length.

I’d be happy with a set duration of increased healing for 12 or 18 seconds...
  19. Mr.W Committed Player

Yes, I've read so I know it doesn't have the 3/6/9 & now double checked but didn't see "short time" in the description lol.

I however 100% agree with & would love a flat duration of 12 or 18sec. Awesome idea lol.
  20. Mr.W Committed Player

Been testing for a good hour or so now & can say that I'm pretty certain it doesn't enhance the healing on fire tanks. The tiny increase in heal numbers is more than likely from the increased resto percentage on the artifact stats not its actual effect.

Something I would love for Ranmaru to confirm for us is if this artifact only increase the healing we receive from healers or is it supposed to increase our self heals as well?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.