Dev Discussion Episode 31: 'The Threat Below' Raid

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ran elite two more times after buff, it's a little more difficult then it was yesterday which is a plus, it can be a nightmare if the group isn't coordinated, but if everyone's on their toes and knows what to do, it's a fun raid. The whirlpool can actually kill you now so that's good. We got the 10 tentacle feat, not really hard to get if burn is good. I like how there';s different routes to go with the tentacles as well. if you burn the big ones and leave the smaller ones, the damage that get's delt is only a fraction of what it would be had you left the bigger tentacles up.

Last boss though, my only issue is the lazor doesn't really have enough time to react, it's instant and guaranteed to kill unless a damage debuff is up, you can't even block it. I think it should at least get a tell so someone can react fast enough to put up a shield or something. Other then that, at least starro is actually doing damage now...

Still easier then PanE, but we're getting there :p
    • Like x 3
  2. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Oh ok, i just dont remember from last year, but i know it wasnt 1-shotting on fri. All good, im never running elite again, i been trusted renown since fri. They can buff/nerf it all they want now...lol.
    • Like x 1
  3. Vagrant Committed Player

I like to hear some people like the buffs. Been getting blamed for it like I'm a dev lol.
  4. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

Agreed with one shot needs a tell skull or something and seems to target support roles kept targeting me as solo healer not fun
    • Like x 2
  5. ImMavis New Player

Leave it to PS and PC always complaining how it's not too difficult for em
    yawn
  6. ImMavis New Player

All these post about TTBE and PANE but yet there's none for SPIN E, OR ESCAPE E. oof
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

IKR??? It's almost as if this thread was for the "The Threat below"-raid!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  8. JackFrost Developer

Just curious, when the boss fired off the "Starro Double Beam" attack which is now able to one-shot players, it's only happening in Elite mode, correct? When it happens, does the one-shotting on happen after the boss has 'further empowered itself' by absorbing the steam (after one or more failed transports)?

What I'm getting at is, is the "Starro Double Beam" only one-shotting players after the boss has buffed itself multiple times? Or is it happening right off the bat at the beginning of the fight before any of that?

Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I haven't ran regular so I'm not sure if it one shots there, but in elite it's after the boss buffs himself. So I'm going to guess the only way to stop it is to keep him from buffing up? Which I think out of all the runs I did only one of them had people doing the transports, and in that run the only thing that killed anyone was his ground slam (jackhammering earth dps).
    • Like x 1
  10. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I can Answer this
    Yes ONLY in Elite
    NO HE still Does the 1-Shot Beam Regardless of Empowering or Not.
    Especially Every time someone goes for a Rock The have a HIGH change of getting 1-Shot
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Interesting, in my runs he didn't really do the beam until he buffed up, or if he did the healer had good shields going because no one really died to it right away.
    • Like x 1
  12. Vagrant Committed Player

Hey Jack, I'm getting a sense that its not suppose to really one shot (Or deal enough damage to one shot maybe due to gear) until he is buffed up? If that is the case that sort of makes sense. If at all possible however, you gotta get a tell to players. A random one shot will make us frustrated BUT if you give starro a Skull warning before he does it, we would greatly appreciate it!

Keep the difficulty especially for the 5 time power feat, just make it fair!
    • Like x 1
  13. JackFrost Developer

Understood. Well, that specific attack was never intended to be a 'one-shot' attack. But in the elite mode specifically, if the group totally neglects the transport mechanic in the final boss fight, every time the boss absorbs the steam cloud, it gets a damage and defense buff. So I think what's happening is that the attack is being made deadly for that reason. I'll see what I can do one way or another. Thanks for the reports!
    • Like x 2
  14. Vagrant Committed Player

Absolutely, thank you so much for the swift responses we all appreciate it!
    • Like x 1
  15. Perdition Committed Player

The one-shot happens right of the bat and after he spins, sometimes even random.. we started the boss and the first thing he did was one-shotting someone. The damage is over 47k. He also does it when hes NOT empowered. We have tested it, we had 1 person constantly closing the vents to see what damage we got from the beam, and guess what.. still a one-shot if u were not shielded up or blocking at that time.
    Edit: i was cr 236 at the time and still got killed.
    • Like x 1
  16. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

It one shots right off the bat. No buffs whatsoever. I always make sure to get all the rocks to plug the vents. What we do in our runs is have a support like a heal or troll farthest away to block or shield and take the damage.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mystere Well-Known Player

It happens to the tank and the furthest person from the tank regardless of whether Starro is powered up. We have been using two tanks - 1 to tank the boss and the 2nd to sit at the door to both move the rocks and to take the double beam and live. This mechanic started when you put the window fix in. It can get a little squirly when tank2 is moving the rocks as he may no longer be the furthest away - thus when the tank is moving a rock we had the healers pop shields etc. Worked well for us over multiple runs.
    • Like x 1
  18. not_again Dedicated Player

I can confirm that this is a one shot attack from the very beginning of the encounter. There are strategies to beating the encounter in its current form, but if a one shot is not intended then this attack should be toned down a bit.
    • Like x 1
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

plz make the Tornadomodel used by controlled Aquaman bigger, sometimes its even invisible for some in the group somehow
  20. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

That laser tore me up all weekend. Probably died more than I should have. There was no real TELL to indicate it was coming (that I saw, or knew about). Despite the the laser "treatment" I got repeatedly from Starro, I enjoyed the elite raid very much. We popped almost all the TTB feats in elite.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.