Test Discussion Episode 30: Rewards Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

lol yeah but they also were cheaper and fast to get and we actually got way more marks we could run all our content and get extra marks.
  2. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

With the apparent push to have content more focused on elite by your own words making elite gear more desirable in response to our feedback that is only 1/2 the battle. Having the elite gear extra cr/stats is a great edition going back to a similar concept from when the elite gear from Throne of the Dead was +1 Cr. But it doesn't change the underlying fact that the actual rewards from pursuing elite gear in the Affinity Bonuses are well behind the times in terms of their scaling and abilities granted. The 1% for 2 pieces and another 1% for 4 is fine, it would make more sense to have 4 pieces be 2% but I can accept that, where the issue lies is the 6-8 gear procs. They have been all be useless for years. The DPS ones have never been worth it besides possibly auto breakout which isn't even needed. The controller 8 proc gives you <30 power back, so we cast a move that costs 3000 power and get <30 back. The tank 6 proc was good when there were 2 cleanses available but now after stats revamp with there being only 1 and some tanks not even taking the breakout now in favor of another shield it isn't as helpful. The tank 8 proc has only been worth it for earth with the pet damage transfer but its damage % is small enough it doesn't make a noticeable impact.

These procs should be on your mind to be addressed if the push for elite gear and for players considering to pursue this elite gear is to be successful
    • Like x 4
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

They actually weren't much cheaper, going of of lights first post and memory. His post shows just the style pieces costing 480 marks. If I remember correctly, the style pieces cost 440 marks the way pricing used to work. Also, at the time every tier used different marks. So it's wrong to say your could run everything. You could only run t4 content to work towards the gear sets. The first episode only had two raids, then the next added some solo daily, once every 5 missions, and bounties, and the third added an alert and two raids.

So there wasn't much content to use to work towards the sets, but as I said, they were there top vendor sets for over a year. But one of those episodes started drop gear being better.
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Thats my issue. In the past with each episode there is a progression with the gear, green to blue to purple to vendor. And at times purple and vendor have been reversed. But this system its green-blue-purple-elite vendor-vendor-purple. We as players progress towards the best gear to then continue grinding and go backwards to buy worse gear simply for style feats? I dont get that. Its simply more grind.

And the math is off to like others have stated. If we get 99/100 marks a week and 6 extra marks are added per week with elite thats a 6% increase in marks while elite gear has a 25% increase in cost. Its more grind period which im sure will be justified by it being better but the math doesnt line up. Also i havent read past page 5 as of this post so i apologize if i repeat something that was said or didnt see something thats been changed.

And the player viewpoint BumblingB speaks about is correct. As players we go after the best gear to get our toons as strong as possible. No one is gonna view this as "oh i have 3 sets of gear to choose from now and ill get whatever." Tbh idk any player that would have that view. End gamers usually get the best gear for the main role their toon plays and maybe even both roles but a lot of people also settle for purple drop gear for their off role too. Which gets acquired while grinding towards the best gear. For example my ice toon atm is full riddler on the tank side and 80% purple drop on the dps side with a few pieces of riddler that i bought because i didnt get bloodbat pieces to drop for those slots.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Not true and neither was your post about players beating OC day one please keep to the facts we don't need the thread derailed.

When I say day 1 I literally mean day 1 and that wasn't happening. (Excluding any expoliters)

People progressed more naturally building up to raid completion the exact thing missing from the more 'modern dcuo'

Also the t4 gear achieved via marks of war etc were not cheaper it was still the 60 for chest etc.

It was pretty much if not identical to the johnny quick gears pricing.

And yea as stealth said those sets were best in slot for a long long time.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The awesomeness (or not) of affinities is noted. This is a one-thing-at-a-time situation.
    • Like x 3
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The other sets, after your first suit, are simply a style and feat, which can be obtained now or later or whenever. This is different than expecting you to earn all three sets in order (THAT'S a grind), but we're taking the feedback and confusion here as we look ahead to other episodes.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

UPDATE:
    • We will change the purple/rare-quality gear drops in End-Game and Elite content (as in, not in the Event content) to the regular Johnny Quick style.
    • The regular JQ style will remain available on the event vendor as it is now, as scaleable gear for event/all players.

With this adjustment, end-game and elite players will likely pick up most of this set in regular play of the end-game or elite content, event players will still be able to go after a suit with a new style, and if and end-game or elite player is really unlucky with getting a specific drop, it is available on that vendor for not that many ultrabucks. And, of course, this shortens the amount of currency needed to complete all sets pretty significantly.
    • Like x 23
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Thank you that is a positive change.
    • Like x 3
  10. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Chalk up another win for aggressive feedback. :)

Mental Note: Bookmark this page for the next time I have to convince someone that the devs really do listen. :D
    • Like x 8
  11. Korlick Loyal Player

Yes, they werent cheaper...but thing is...those sets of gear were the only thing we had to spend marks for almost the entire Tier. Everything else that came after that...was dropped gear. So we had a lot of marks to get em.
    Also, in the middle of that Tier we got the PvP DLC, extending the time we had to get the different styles.
    • Like x 1
  12. Korlick Loyal Player

This is great news. Thank you.
    But one thing i have to ask: The amount of currency earned will be affected by this change? hope not...
    • Like x 4
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Curious about your last sentence. Could u clarify a bit? Does this mean the marks players earn per week is also being changed?
    • Like x 1
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No, he means that since you don't have to use your marks for the JQ gear if you get it through drops that lessens the amount of Ultrabucks needed for those who want to collect all three sets of vendor gear.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I think they're just wanting clarity that the devs won't decrease marks to retain the same grind.

It's happened before.

They decreases gear cost before then decreased marks etc.
    • Like x 5
  16. Korlick Loyal Player

Exactly.
    Some extra clarity wont harm anyone.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Currency rewards are not changed.
    • Like x 12
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Yep. Thats all. Just asking to be sure and fully understand what mepps meant.
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Thank you for this. That's a solution that I think will satisfy everyone.

And now it's actually beneficial for people to pick up the episode or subscribe to the game, if they want to reduce some of the Grind.

+1
    No. The Marks that players can earn per week isn't being changed. All Mepps said was that this upcoming change reduces the amount of marks you would need to complete all the Style/Gear Sets.

I don't know how much the Johnny quick set costs per say, but let's say for example: The Johnny Quick Chest style costs 60 Ultrabucks, and let's also assume you get the Johnny Quick Chest Style from Running the Regular/Elite gear as a purple drop; boom that saves you 60 marks you could've potentially spent on the Event Vendor.

Hopefully that analysis makes sense.
  20. The Anxient Loyal Player

I know I can be critical but I believe in giving credit where it is due. This is a good call. Thank you.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.