Test Discussion Episode 30: Rewards Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ully Committed Player

Hi Mepps,

I appreciate the discussion but its a lot easier to say " after your first suit, are simply a style and feat, which can be obtained now or later or whenever " when you aren't grinding content everyday. Obviously, I don't know how often you play personally, but its not as simple or practical as you make it out to be. I just want to point out that another issue concerning these long grinds is the content's relevancy to the community, in terms of active participation in said content once it becomes old. I'm not sure if DCUO keeps data that tracks activity in older content by higher CR players but I can tell you first hand, that it's incredibly time consuming forming raids and gathering marks in older content, because frankly, it seems like we don't have the population numbers to smoothly support this method of grinding.
    • Like x 3
  2. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Um, wow. This is exactly the solution that I thought would be the best based on all the comments in the thread. I'm stunned and pleased that it was the solution you picked. I admit I'm waiting for another shoe to drop, but should it not drop, this is a very good move. Thank you.
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

Thanks for the change. Thanks for the clarification
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

+1
  5. recoil Committed Player

i'd really like to see artifact style armor. some styles that are really dazzling and that can be leveled much like the artifacts just recently released.
    • Like x 2
  6. Vagrant Committed Player

That is amazing, thanks Mepps, something as little as that goes a long way!

Now if we can get the ridiculous prices of Amazon Fury and Age of Justice changed then things would be perfect. Especially since that content is so old now, I can't imagine new players wanting to grind that many Ancient Coins and War Bonds. Older Content that was ridiculed at release for their inflation in mark prices should retroactively be reduced.
    • Like x 3
  7. The Anxient Loyal Player

I know the elite gear is 2 item levels higher but does anyone have a comparison of the stats between the elite pieces vs the regular version?
  8. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I had a similar idea, but since gear is the biggest thing for progression...why not a relic mod or Omnipotence Mod that we rank up and keep. Imo mods are kinda ho hum...important in higher content...but not always a necessity. A person with the right power ( or FOTM) with low tier gear mods and 150sp can outdamage others with underperforming powers with special foeces mods and 300sp... like Electric vs Sorcery. Why not even the playing fields. I think this could be another part of pregression.

Quote from another thread I made....

Juat saying...opens up alot of possibilities. I do like the idea of ranking up gear too...especially the dazzling style....but just dont see DCUO making that big a change to a gear based progression game.
  9. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Love this change. Hope to see this trend continue in future content.
    • Like x 2
  10. Perdition Committed Player

You mean like the system in Neverwinter? the current system we have now is an exact copy what they use in Neverwinter. i would prefer that it won't go that far. that will increase the gap between balance too much, sinds some people will be able to aford it and some wont.
    • Like x 1
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

I think i saw the difference between the normal chest and elite chest was +61 might for dps. But dont quote me on that.
    • Like x 1
  12. recoil Committed Player

agreed.
  13. recoil Committed Player

i'd hope they wouldn't monetize gear progression but i wouldn't put it past them to do something like that.
    • Like x 1
  14. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

What doe the "Fixed Style names for Alt Owlman and Alt Johnny Quick Helmets."means under todays hotfix? are there more than the vendor owlman helmet and the op owlman helmet?
  15. Irmensul Well-Known Player

Ancient Coin base rewards-worst rewards ever
  16. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I think these two points of B's are my favorite.

1) We look at gear and feats and we think, hey! gotta catch 'em all. It's what keeps us around, but there's also a fine line of what keeps us around because it's fun and productive and what grinds our gears. I love going after styles and showing them off. I know tons of people that still wear iconic gear sets from early game because of the pride we felt when we finally earned that gear. We wanted to show it off. That's still the case for many styles and the style system in game allows us to do that forever. However, that doesn't dilute the gear behind that style. We earned it, we want to wear it. And this need to get multiple style sets per DLC and multiple DLCs per tier really does lead to..."What's that style again? Oh...right...never looked at it, got the gear and tossed it."

I almost wonder if this wouldn't be a way to invoke more R&D incorporation. Everyone buys the same gear. The marks from both raids go toward the same gear. Same item level, same stats. Only, the folks that run elite maybe get some sort of crafting item that allows them to upgrade their armor to (Elite) so that they get the Elite Mod bonuses. Obviously it would need to be calculated out so that you earn enough of those that you can tweak a piece of gear in the same amount of time that you'd be able to buy it based off renown...but, just my 2 cents.

2) Upvote x 100. This like 10 raids per tier is confusing. Especially since it's no longer possible to tell what should be "old" and irrelevant based on tiers. DWF does nothing for me now...but it's still in my tier? There's no relation there whatsoever.
    • Like x 5
  17. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

I noticed that the Johnny Quick gear has a *range* of CR 10 - CR 182; it is not CR 182 gear, as shown in the chart in Post #2.
  18. Samuiel Well-Known Player

There is a bug , the purple vendor gear now gives Dresden 7 style not Johny Quick.

I remember Mepps wrote this :
    • We will change the purple/rare-quality gear drops in End-Game and Elite content (as in, not in the Event content) to the regular Johnny Quick style.
    • The regular JQ style will remain available on the event vendor as it is now, as scaleable gear for event/all players.

With this adjustment, end-game and elite players will likely pick up most of this set in regular play of the end-game or elite content, event players will still be able to go after a suit with a new style, and if and end-game or elite player is really unlucky with getting a specific drop, it is available on that vendor for not that many ultrabucks. And, of course, this shortens the amount of currency needed to complete all sets pretty significantly.
    • Like x 2
  19. Heywiar Committed Player

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice this. I was kind of disheartened when I saw this in the vendor but am pleased to hear it is a bug.
    On another thought; does anyone know what this new "Coin Communicator of Omnipotence" is?
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It's a Necklace of Omnipotence
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.