Test Discussion Episode 30: Rewards Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avair Administrator

Hello!
    Please leave any feedback for the rewards and itemization for Episode 30 in this thread. Here is where it is appropriate for you to discuss your feelings and thoughts on the rewards presented in this episode. We will review them and respond as frequently as possible. Thanks for your participation!
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

So wondering why this Jquick gear is on the vendor? Is this not the purple drop gear? Really hoping this Jquick gear is also the drop gear along with being on the vendor.

Here are the prices. That normal johnny quick style feat is 50 points btw and is purple.
    [IMG]

Also the green gear is dresden7 and attuned to IL 184. How is the drop green gear higher then this johnny quick gear in terms of IL? Is this a bug? I didnt even see what it maxed out as because i opened the box quickly.

The blue gear maxes at IL 191, and is also dresden7, which also seems odd that its higher then this Jquick gear. Total cost of the Jquick style is 360.

Green and blue gear is also giving 2 essence each when salvaging. Intended?
    • Like x 3
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

So i also the saw the OP collection on the vendor for the head is 350 marks. Mepps earlier today said the time it takes to obtain the OP item was cut in half basically. Really wondering what this means. Cut i half compared to what?

Cause the vendor collection is almost the same as the 1 from AoJ in terms of cost. Ep30 350 marks vs ep28 400 marks. And with 11/12 collections dropping as usual how exactly could that be sped up? Imo comments like that need to be explained. Hope we can get some clarification on this.

Btw my previous post? I was 210cr when looking at the new vendor. Should of taken screenshots but didnt feel like doing 7 or 8 different pics of the entire vendor.
    • Like x 4
  4. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Thaks for the vendor sheet :) The prices looks ok for me a bit expensive still but lets she how it ends up.I'ts super important for me to know the answer to Mepps words aswell,I Realy hope we can get the op collections faster that it has been chause the owlman helmet is the one ive been requesting for so long now.
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

So roughly the same amount of content as in RwC but once again vendor-pricing that rise through the roof and if above information is correct there is an additional set of vendor-gear to grind. That is a LOT of marks for such a small episode..... A slight reduce in the gear-pricing seems very appropriate.
    • Like x 4
  6. Samuiel Well-Known Player

As Light fx said , Johny quick should be the style of purple drops ( i didn't get any purple drop so can't say if it is or not) .We already have too many things to grind, we don't need another set of gear to grind.Now if Johny quick style is also the style of purple gear, then fantastic, super great.Because if we don't get a purple piece of gear, we can always buy the missing piece from vendor.
    Also would be nice if purple gear's maximum level was 1 level less than the vendor gear.

And generally the prices of vendor pieces of gear should be reduced.We had a lot , too much grinding the past 11 months.I don't feel like playing more dcuo just to grind for pieces that are too expensive while they could lower the prices by at least 30%.

Also not a fan of elite gear being 2 levels higher than the normal vendor gear.Plus costs more...Does that mean we'll get double curency from elite raids? Because generally elite raids take double or triple time to complete compared to normal raids.

And the Collection for the OP item should cost half price which is 175,not 350 ! This sounded very good : <<The time required to get OP items (and R&D materials for mods, for that matter) has been dramatically reduced in this episode. Both take about half as long to get. >>
    I hope what he said is true.

So yeah I hope you guys made the op collections drop rate A LOT BETTER compared to AOJ and RWC ones.

Generally all players will be happy if you reduce vendor prices , without changing anything else.

Less grind= happy costumers.
    • Like x 4
  7. Samuiel Well-Known Player

Oh and Johny quick doesn't give loot in 1 raid where he's the first bossfight.

So 4 ultrabucks from daily missions
    2 from the duo
    3 from alert
    16 from weekly missions
    20 from raids

We're looking at 99 ultrabucks per week?
    And with current prices we'll have to do all dailies and weeklies every day , every week for the next 3 or 4 months to get gear for our main role only !
    Oh boy, like we didn't suffer enough from the grind of the last 11 months...
    I'm not saying we should be able to complete everything within 1 week. But neither this. This is just tiring , not fun and no player will enjoy this episode.

So I strongly suggest you developers come up with prices that let us be relaxed and not think about the fact that we miss some dailies.
    Because if you do let those prices go live like that, we won't feel good about this dlc, we will start feeling stressed again !
    • Like x 6
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Bug/Suggestion
    The Omnipotent collections don't feature a description of the reward you are awarded for finishing the collection. It would be appreciated if you could add this in for the 2 new Omnipotent items :)
    • Like x 1
  9. StiltzkinS Level 30

As i saw the new vendor gears item level regular195 and elite 197,,,,what happens now on our OP gears from AOJ content? It only last for 2episodes? They should fix the aoj op items to be attuned on this new episode,its not a joke farming 3 op gears on aoj,spending tons of replays and millions buying rare op collection coz its not dropping, and just in 2episodes its wothless.please kindly reconsider buffing its item level at least 200.playing this game since 2012,i love it,but please,this time it just doesnt make sense,shout out to all players who feel me right now.
    • Like x 6
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They said in the livestream that the Johnny Quick gear is intended for people that are below the entry CR to get them up to the entry CR and that it would attune to get them to 207, so that's all intended. I believe the intention is that if you are over 207 you are expected to work on the Owlman gear first, because once you have the feat for that it reduces the cost of the Owlman gear and the Johnny Quick gear, so you have much less of a grind to get the JQ gear.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sugr Bear Committed Player

Not even 2 episodes, people are still getting them now, and even most people who had them before RWC didn't get to have them for the duration of AoJ because once you had them you had everything else. So really it's like we had them for 1 episode.
    • Like x 1
  12. Kuno Loyal Player

Anyone knows the rewards for collections/briefings/investigations in E30? I hope we get some regular styles that is not a base item.
    Also, enough with Flash/Batman styles... Im dissapointed we dont get as rewards Superwoman styles and hairstyles, that chest is a must.
    • Like x 1
  13. Albannoch New Player

Why more Batman styles? Batman fans have enough to have their characters dressed as Batman three times over.

Superman Rebirth skin is cool, but we can't have the style?

Content looks cool and Im excited to play the story. Not really interested in the Johnny Quick gear but to each their own.

Are you all sure you won't reconsider retitling the game to just Batman Online? XD
    • Like x 3
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Well it seems very odd that u would grind your way through the dlc to get your gear and feats and when u finish doing that u have 1 feat left with is johnny quick gear and u have to go grind again for a couple weeks to buy gear that u immediately throw away after buying it because it less then the gear u already have. That makes no sense to me at all. Even with the jquick gear on the vendor at half price it still means the players needs to grind the episode for 2 more weeks.

Also there is green/blue gear that can get people to that cr. There has been free previews of the last 2 episodes and this one also with it being an event. The green/blue gear in the episode actually attunes to a higher IL then this johnny quick purple gear too.

If this jquick gear is here to allow players to skip episodes and all of that then it should also drop for members because it does have a 50 point style feat. Because its adding extra grind for the people who are actually paying members while in turn helping players who dont pay and are only running the free event instances. And paying members no longer have a purple drop set because its been replaced by this purple gear set on the vendor for f2p players.

And i guess the enhanced jquick gear is actual gear but it doesnt count towards the regular jquick style feat and its only IL 182 :confused: Enhanced or elite jquick gear has only a 10 point style feat. Im not sure why these details cant be given/explained when these streams are done. Been happening for the last few episodes now where a stream is done, the episode gets put on test and players find some changes or something odd and have to come here asking questions. Initially giving all the details would stop this. And why is it that with every episode there is some change to the gear system. Thats been going for a year now too but details are left out.

Im actually ok with the pricing of the other gear on the vendor despite seeing others have issue w/it even tho the prices have slightly gone up. It seems comparable to past episodes. But adding more grind for players who pay to help players who dont pay is imo wrong on every level. And again giving a clear concise explanation to how this all works is something that should be done from the very start. Lets also not forget this episode has pretty much the same amount of content as RwC but vendor prices have gone up and there is an extra set of gear to grind. All so this can be an event on top of an episode? Huh? :confused:

One more thing. I see ep29 and 30 share an essence but ep30 has all new focus elements and core elements. Kinda confused about that too. Actually not confused about. I see exactly why it was done.
    • Like x 2
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

Here is a look at R/D for the mods. Wondering why the bytes went up again. And u can see this pic shows goons of gotham FE and core elements are used. Dont think thats accurate. Because of the 2nd pic.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

I also saw there is an ultraman cape. The vendor has a 2nd gold collection for 60 marks. Guessing its for this ultraman cape style but not 100% on that yet.
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Should say i misspoke here^ a little bit. My edit time ran out. The blue/green event gear attunes to a lower IL then the member/elite blue/green gear. I also get the johnny quick gear is aimed at the event players. So that gear for members does add longevity for members because it gives them something else to grind for. But for many of us at end game who grind on multiple toons it feels odd to add extra grind for members just to give non members a set of gear to get them into the next episode. This kinda stuff creates free loading players who never sub and simply take advantage of this free stuff thats given out episode after episode.

Also elite is giving extra marks. Dont think the # has been confirmed yet tho. But the elite gear has a higher cost. So it doesnt seem like extra. Cause who is gonna run elite but then go back and buy normal owlman gear?
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

There does seem to be purple drop gear too. Atm all green/blue/purple gear is dresden7 style. Not sure if this is intended or not tho.
    [IMG]

And again that alexander luthor style is pretty cool. Love the shoulder mounted cannon.
    • Like x 2
  18. CassUV Well-Known Player

Exactly. Will we earn more marks for doing Elite?, if the costs are Higher, than the marks earned needs to be more. And when I mean more, it's not 11 instead the regular 10, no, it's really more.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yes, you get more marks from Elite. We just don't know how many yet.
  20. Samuiel Well-Known Player

There are 2 OP items?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.