Dev Discussion Episode 28: Rewards

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi there...I have to say something about the extra boss in elite raid having the back.

Having the op items and having the CHANCE ONLY 1 TIME to use it to get the extra boss , doesn't make me feel like I should get the op item, doesn't encourage me to have the op back.It would be nice if you guys let us be able to spawn the extra boss each time, not just once.
    What's the point on having the op back but ONLY 1 CHANCE to get the extra loot? :(
  2. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Please, no more free previews for free/premium players EVER.

-You guys tricked me into wasting 100 MoV on base item boxes that I stupidly thought and or was mislead to believe would contain Episode 28 items.

-Then i grind away in War Torn Village and decide to save my War Bonds for a nice new shiny weapon before preview is over. Yay today was the last day I needed!! 140 War bonds saved.....approach vendor....gear is locked. What the #%&@!!! Why let me run content or earn currency if you wont let me buy stuff??? Not that I would EVER buy another base item box but I cant even buy base items with my War Bonds???? Bahahaha.

Oh boy does that make me want to throw money at you guys after getting screw like that. Awesome marketing plan.
    • Like x 1
  3. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Did you seriously believe you would be getting gear without owning the episode?
  4. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

I thought the preview would last 30 days and there is no way in hell to get very much gear in that time frame from only farming the Village so YES. I did think I woud be able to buy 1-2 pieces of gear.(depending on what you baught) Why let people play otherwise?? That would be alot of motivation to sub up and get the rest for some people.
    -----------------

I do wanna amend my criticism of this event in one aspect tho. My main is in that window where I could buy the 175 gear otherwise the war bonds are worthless to her. But I acknowledge for lower level people the event was OK. They get 1 lousy auto-level gear box for dailies, and weeklies if they put in the effort. They can also use war bonds to buy purple gear boxes. 1 gear box for dailies is kind of low. 3 would have been much nicer just to counter the crappy RNG mechanics. My dude would get stuck getting the same choices for several days in a row.

But yea for the 186+ people or whatever the minimum is on the 175 gear the preview blows.
  5. IamINC Dedicated Player

IT was a PREVIEW!

Did you really expect that the preview would entitle you to grab some of the vendor gear tied to that episode?

Who forced you to buy the base box? Where does the description of the base box say it contains only items from that episode?

The one gear box a day helped me gear alts a hell of a lot . I got base items from the episode and OP collection drops from completing the mid night gear set , I honestly don't get why anyone would be complaining about the free previews rewards.

I'm sorry but here there is nobody here to blame here but yourself dude , the whole point of a preview is to give you a small taste of what you can have if you buy the episode or sub up , you don't deserve the same gear paying customers get just because you've taken advantage of the episodes FREE preview and to think otherwise is just self entitled dumbness.
    • Like x 1
  6. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Yup totally self entitled for grinding content for 3-4 weeks of content THEY gave me only to find out I cant use the currency I was GIVEN.
  7. FuryMY New Player

seriously dude...why would they gave u the gear if u don't even buy the episode??? U lucky they let u keep the war-bonds.. They gave u the currency so u can prepare and to make it easier for u to buy the gear when u had that episode bought. At least u are not play that PREVIEW for nothing.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

So ya thought u were getting the best gear for free? Did u start playing this game today? And ya didnt think to check the vendor in the last 26 days? U are the one making these decisions then trying to blame it on dcuo/daybreak. I dont even understand why anyone would buy the base box for 100 Mov and not even read the description. Like others told u that description was there since november with AF3. Its been there 7-8 months. And yes it is an entitled mindset to think u would get the best gear for free without buying the episode. Why would anyone be subbing/buying the episode if they could get the best gear for free? Maybe u should spend a little more time paying attention instead of complaining ;)
  9. OhSicks Well-Known Player

Quick question, is it better to use replay badges on Raids or on Lady Blackhawk missions to maximize War bond farming. I haven't been paying attention to the exact number of bonds I'm getting from the raids. it's 12 replays for the mission and 87 for the raid. So the mission I'm getting 7 war bonds. But with the Raid there's a shot at more items. How many War Bonds are awarded for JFA and US?
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

11. OhSicks Well-Known Player

Thanks, is that 10 each or 10 combined?
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

10 each.
  13. JasonIsley Devoted Player

You get more bang for your buck resetting raids.
  14. OhSicks Well-Known Player

That's what I was verifying, plus I can run a few of the Elites as well. Thanks again everyone!
  15. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

I dont know if this is bugged, or a mistake or even if it was intentional but the new 182 op head only has 1172 toughness which is only 7 more than the 143 op head you get in pz and only 5 more than the 182 op back. i am just curious because all the other stats had a pretty big increase from the 143 head and the 182 op waist had a 218 increase in toughness over the 140 op waist that drops in pb so it seemed odd to me when i noticed it.
  16. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

Could i please get some sort of answer or a response?
  17. Gimpy Loyal Player

Most of the people with green names that work for DBG have Saturday and Sunday off.

So it's only a "skeleton" crew keeping an eye on things and hoping nothing "major" happens that requires calling in the "Bosses".

So it doesn't matter how many posts you make over the weekend you probably won't get an answer from a green name until tomorrow , MONDAY, when everyone gets back to work and they moderate the forums.
  18. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

I made my first post friday morning, and that next one was my only post i made about it until now. Which is now tuesday evening and still haven't gotten a response. Are you the volunteer skeleton crew moderator or something? Chillax.
  19. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Did you get the response you were looking for?
  20. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

Nope still waiting for any response.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.