Episode 28: Another Update to Rewards

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katnikov Executive Producer

Hello Everyone!

So we’ve been really digging into all of the feedback related to vendor costs and currency rewards in Age of Justice. Assessing the content, there is much more content in Age of Justice compared to Amazon Fury Part III. Much of the increase came from the amount of daily open world missions we added. As a result, your feedback was that you had to play more to achieve the same amount of rewards. This is completely valid and we hear you.

With that, we are making further adjustments to the vendor costs and to how much currency the open world content will reward. Previously, Episode 28 rewarded about 70% more currency than Episode 27, resulting in roughly 70% increased costs vendor costs. After these adjustments, that increase will be reduced to about 17%. There will still be this smaller increase because there will still be some more rewards in 28, even after these adjustments.

To put that in perspective, a weapon in Episode 28 previously cost 200 War-Bonds, but will now cost 140 War-Bonds (and cost 120 Ancient Coins in Episode 27). On top of that, we will also reduce the costs of OP items to a graduating 270, 330, 400 (down from 435, 575, and 720). While still somewhat higher than Episode 27’s, these items are also substantially more valuable: they are in better, more impactful slots, they have better stats, they have styles, and they have extra functionality. In short, they are worth the extra work.

Like I mentioned, we will also make changes to how missions work in the open world areas, so that you have more variety in what you play, but cannot and are not expected to play every mission every day. The changes to costs will be in for launch tomorrow, and the changes to content will go out with a hotfix later this week or weekend. Yes, that means you have some extra daily rewards to jump into on launch day should you so choose.

We really love the content in this Episode and we want everyone’s experience to be a good one as we know it can be. I thank you for all the feedback and hope to see you in game tomorrow!
    • Like x 41
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

To the devs: Great to see our feedback being listened to and acted upon! Hopefully this acts as a catalyst for feedback being listened to more often down the road :)

To the community: We did it! :cool:
    • Like x 21
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

4. IamINC Dedicated Player

Very well played Dev team , Thank you for listening to the community and taking our views into consideration.

I also want to say congrats to the community for a great display of solidarity , good job guys and girls :)
    • Like x 8
  5. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

This feels like a big step for the community well done
  6. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

SUPER GREAT!!!!!!! Beat you chillcat ;)
    • Like x 3
  7. L T Devoted Player

Really great.

Dare I even say it?

SUPER GREAT!!!
    • Like x 2
  8. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

Yes, it's nice to see that they will listen to us. Hopefully it wasn't because of the 8 or so people who said they were quitting as a result of Mepp's previous post. I hate to think it takes a threat from the player base to get their attention. Regardless though, Katnikov's post does makes this a small victory for us.
    • Like x 8
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Those prices look much more palatable. Thanks for listening and acting in such a short amount of time.
    • Like x 7
  10. Tropical Skittles Taste The Rainbow

thank you!! my head was going to explode redoing the math lol ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

That is indeed a step in the right direction, I'm glad that something is done in that regard.

However I wish a lot of the other problems dcuo has would be solved like this manner.
    • Like x 4
  12. C0de Well-Known Player

I gotta say i'm impressed for once, well done devs. Glad to see some reach has been made to connect the players with the devs
    • Like x 4
  13. Maxwill Committed Player

Good job everyone, to both dcuo team and players that gave feedback to lower the costs.

I guess you can stay for a while Jack :)
    • Like x 8
  14. xColdFront Committed Player

Wait a second you can buy OP items in this game now?
  15. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

I am glad they were open and listened...Good on them and good on the community for voicing their apprehension; it works.
    • Like x 1
  16. Here2Help Devoted Player

Sort of. They are collection rewards and one of the collections is tied to the vendor. The rest are random drops from bosses once a certain feat has been achieved by wearing a combination of vendor and/or TC gear.
    • Like x 2
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Agreed and i gotta say im really surprised. I thought no way they change those costs. There was a lot of negativity tho and like u said people saying they were quitting. I give em credit here. At the end of the day they listened and made a change. Thats a good thing. I gotta give em praise when they make a good decision because i criticize when they make a bad one. Good job devs. Ty for listening to the feedback :)
    • Like x 9
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

[IMG]

I'm excited you guys listened to player feedback regarding the marks. I still don't think this size of DLC should be intended to last 6 months long but I can't help but give you props for listening to feedback regarding the cost. Well done Devs.
    • Like x 2
  19. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

This is an unexpected surprise. Thank you.

2 questions.

Is this decrease in price also a reflection in a decrease in time before a new DLC. Or will we still have time to enjoy this gear before a new dlc drops.

2. Will we still have the ability to have our other role able to be purchased at a discounted cost once completing one set of gear.
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Im not even attempting to do it again lol have at it :p Im awful at math and the last few days my brain hurts from figuring all that stuff out lol
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.