Dev Discussion Episode 27: Typhon's Monster Invasion: Open World Missions Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Alternatively regarding the Rocked Residents mission would it be possible if the credit was cross faction? By that I mean if someone of opposite faction frees your rocked resident you still get credit for it. This is probably the only solo mission in Episode 27 where this doesn't happen for some reason, and it shows.
    • Like x 1
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

ok look please devs think about this in the future.. your outside content is ruining players like me, game due to the fact I am a villain and with way less population we cant complete these missions without being in raid group or playing in PVE which i despise and it makes me feel dirty..

solution if your going to make open world content thats daily give it a area big enough that us as villains can have a chance. in the current zone is way to small to do in PVP we just get over ran with tons and tons of heroes.. I dont mind fighting to get my stuff done but in small zones you just get over run before you can do anything..

please take this under advisement for future content
  4. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Two ongoing problems with this area:

1) It's just way too small for the amount of missions - I'm constantly getting attacked by newly spawned monsters as I'm attempting to finish a mission (like Stone Society or the annoying Satyr one). If we had a couple more blocks in any direction it might help. While this is annoying, it's not a game-breaker. The next problem *IS* a game-breaker.

2) Monsters keep disappearing *after* I've started to fight with them. It's bad enough that they spawn on top of you, but when you are on the last monster of a mission and it vanishes before you can defeat it, you start to feel like life hates you.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Any update on this? Regardless of faction (much like the other solo missions) you should get credit for trying to free stoned citizens or at least beating adds/gorgons around them. It does take considerably longer than other missions in Typhon's Monster Invasion.

It's very annoying when you're a hero/villain fighting 6 adds to try and free a stoned citizen and then some villain/hero (respectively) frees your stoned citizen and you don't get credit for it.
    • Like x 1
  6. not_again Dedicated Player

I am having the same problem as others have reported. When doing the instanced solo the boss comes out of the gate and then disappears. In my situation it is caused by my soul well causing damage to the boss and I am across the room. I do not have this issue if I do not use soul wells, but sometime I forget.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.