Dev Discussion Episode 27: Typhon's Monster Invasion: Open World Missions Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

It's a separate zone for various reasons. One being that if they were to be the same zone, the population would be spread across more content, making it feel even less populated. Another being, when the quest system tells you to go to Typhon's Monster Invasion, it would say to go to Gotham Under Siege instead, which would be confusing. It was originally set up this way but changed early on right after it went to PCTest.

As for the number of mobs/difficulty. PS3 does throw fits if there are too many enemies around - but we'll see what we can do for future content, assuming it fits. I'm looking into why the Minotaurs are more difficult than everything else to try and even out the mission difficulty.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  2. Magnificent Loyal Player

Thanks for the reply!

The reason the Minotaurs are more difficult is because it's well documented that bovines are exceedingly clever

[IMG]

(but not the best spellers).
    • Like x 1
  3. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Having done all of the missions several times on test & live now, I feel like the "Stone Society" mission ends up a lot longer than the other 5 outside ones. The gorgon counter is OK, but it's the citizens to un-freeze that lengthens it. The nodes are often mixed with other quests, so you end up fighting more than just the 1-2 gorgons.

Of all the monster types, I think the cockatrice are the most difficult because they're not vulnerable to block or blockbreak like the others.
    • Like x 1
  4. Millbarge Developer

What count for Freeing Trapped Citizens do you think would bring it in-line with the others? or is it just a case of mob spacing?

-Millbarge
  5. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Maybe 7-8 would bring it in line if the nodes remained in the same spots. Spacing could also solve the problem, but I know it's already tight in that zone! Here's a quick rundown of the others:
    • Sleeping Satyr Summoning: almost all nodes are isolated and fast because the tent is there for cover
    • Citizen Souffle: need to shop around a bit for safer nodes, but only 6 needed
    • Gateway Closure: many are isolated and you're guaranteed 3 kills per portal, so the 6 & 18 work out well
    • Grated Gorgons: most are against walls and only 6 needed and you automatically go over 10 gorgon with 2 per node
    • Fowl Natured: high count at 9, but all isolated on rooftops, so it goes by fast
    Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  6. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

I would say knock it down by 2-3 numbers. And if you could space them out that would help. It's like a bowl of soup in there, you go for the carrot and all the noodles attack you.
    • Like x 1
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Hey Millbarge

The villains have lost the ability to teleport from Gotham Under Seige to Typhon's Monster Invasion and vice-versa. I don't recall this being a problem when it was on test.

To get from Typhon's Monster Invasion/Gotham Under Seige to Gotham Under Seige/Typhon's Monster Invasion, you now have to leave the area to the Hall of Doom/Themyscira command post and then re-enter from there.
  8. OtherWorldly Active Player

Does these 'Typhon's Monster Invasion' open world missions give any gear in any of the reward boxes? Besides base items and plans? I'm curious because i have not gotten one piece since it started.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Edit: never mind i figured it out.
  10. bmce84 Loyal Player

Mepps confirmed this as intended, I asked the same thing and it was changed sometime before Live.
    • Like x 1
  11. bmce84 Loyal Player

No, of the solos only Seeing Shades gives gear.
  12. Millbarge Developer

This ^^
    It's a stop-gap for an issue we found with one of the platforms. We either have a fix or are really close to a fix. Once the change has been tested and pushed Live we will re-enable the teleporting between the two zones.
    • Like x 2
  13. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Saw a slight issue the other day running the sewer/warehouse/indoors portion of the Open World dailies.

I cannot recall the name of the mission, but I had the sewer instance and there were cockatrice's inside. (Is that the right term? Brainfarting right now apparently.) When I defeated all the lower adds, the cutscene for the boss played correctly, only...the gate closed before the lair boss exited the gated area. He was stuck behind the gate and could not be targeted.

I exited the sewer and tried to return, but he was still behind the gate. I had to let the instance reset completely. When I went back in I had satyrs and everything seemed to work as intended.

This was the first time I'd had the birds in this particular instance so I am unsure if this is a crazy fluke or if it's an issue in that room.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Audio bug, if you get Citizen Souffle, which deals with Cyclopses, the quest giver has the audio for Gorgons turning people to stone.
  15. WildcatHunter Committed Player

In the warehouse instance boss left gate then disappeared. He isn't visable anywhere on map and leaving and coming back isn't resetting instance. Relogging reset the instance and didn't have the same problem second time around. Was minotaur in warehouse if that helps.
  16. Crimsenwolf New Player

We need to make more ac. I understand the cost of gear needs to up but why does our income have to go down. Plus you should make it to where solos can earn renown cause it's not easy to find groups for elite raids.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Definitely can confirm, got this mission again and she talked about Gorgons.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Actually, I think it's just Priestess Levia that is bugged. She said it again, but this time I got Sleeping Satyr Summoning.
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Why on villain side do we have a harpy mission giver, and then we fight harpies in the duo and GoM? Are we to assume that hell hounds and harpies weren't corrupted by Typhon's influence until after the events taking place in Typhon's Monster Invasion? Or is there a harpy civil war going on too?

Also is there any way of increasing the spawn rate of stoned citizens during the Rocked Residents mission? I feel like this mission takes considerably longer than the other TMI daily missions (which is good in ways for farming towards 410 adds, but still).

Finally is there any way we could repair at the vendors in Typhon's Monster Invasion? Its kinda inconvenient, you have to teleport to base/HQ/TCP to repair, which if your a levelling toon and you get killed by adds a few times is even more inconvenient.
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

It's a shame we can't tp from GUS to TMI and back, would be a lot easier particularly if your doing all the EP27 solos, plus there's a repair at GUS.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.