Dev Discussion Episode 27: Typhon's Monster Invasion: Open World Missions Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

This is the official feedback thread for the Episode 27 Open World missions, Typhon's Monster Invasion. Feel free to post any questions, issues or feedback you have.

-Millbarge
  2. bmce84 Loyal Player

I found an issue or if it's intended then I believe it should be changed. While I was doing missions in Typhoon Monster Invasion but also the solo instance in the open world part, if a villain toon is attacking the same enemy you are but he ends up giving the death blow it doesn't count to you in any way, so you don't get anything added to the weekly mission counter of any counter related to the current mission.
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

I should mention this is all in PVE phase.
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

Stone Society mission seems to be bugged again, Gorgons aren't on the streets with the exception of the ones coming out of portals or the ground, and as you can see on the pic bellow citizens are again just standing around looking like stone but not actually as is.[IMG]
  5. Azriel Frost Level 30

Me and several others on this mission are also experiencing this. Please fix.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are investigating the open world spawns.
    • Like x 1
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

It feels like there needs to be more open-world spawns for some of the missions. One of my leaguemates was having a very difficult time clearing the petrified citizen mission. It took me a lot longer to clear the Cyclops/Caged Citizen mission than what seemed appropriate just due to the large number of players and lack of spawns.
    • Like x 1
  8. marxus Committed Player

I just ran this mission and was unable to complete it as there is no way to release the citizens, and the spawn rate for the Gorgons was terrible.
  9. Wildboy Committed Player

Same here. There are plenty of encased citizens, but no way to free them.
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

Yup the ones to free that are turned to stone are just standing in the street or running around as stone and u cant free them. They stand there and scratch their head. When we can only get a small amount of coins per day then this kinda needs to be fixed today. Cause people cant finish their daily and lose out on that coin.
    • Like x 1
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

The weekly mission doesnt seem to be able to be reset. Is this intended?
  12. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

I have a feeling that is intended or else people would farm that like crazy.
  13. Millbarge Developer

• We've identified a spawning issue with the Typhon's Monster Invasion where encounters are not spawning fast enough. We're investigating now. Once this is resolved it should take care of a host of issues everyone is seeing.
    • The citizens encased in stone that are walking around has been fixed internally. They shouldn't be stone. They're there as fodder for Typhon's Monsters. The Quest Citizens encased in stone not being around is linked to the above spawning issue.
    • The weekly can not be reset. Feel free to come back next week to run it again!
    -Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

came in to see if i was doing something wrong and it appears i'm having the same issue as others with this gorgon mission.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is intended.
    • Like x 2
  16. Gimpy Loyal Player

Tried for over an hour last night from 10pm till almost half past 11pm and still didn't get past 3 citizens.
  17. Ichiro Loyal Player

need to either increase the adds in the area or decrease the amount of hits it takes to get credit for killing adds. Took forever last night just trying to get credit for a kill with the mobs of players swarming every add. as stated above it seemed only the person giving the death blow got credit.
    • Like x 1
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

In the Here Be Monster mission with Minotaurs, is there any way to either lower their strength or make it so they don't stay in groups of 3 all the time?, at 175 they hit way too hard and can nearly kill you, one alone is strong but when you have 3 on you it's nearly impossible to kill them before you die, specially if you use a slow killing power like Light or Electric.
  19. Millbarge Developer

Apologies for the late response - I was out of town over the weekend.

I'll take a look at the Minotaurs today to check on their damage
    Adjustments have been made to the Minotaur so he shouldn't fail to charge
    The investigation that couldn't be reached is now accessible

I'll be taking a look at the various issues that were brought up over the weekend. Thanks for the feedback.

-Millbarge

Edit: Posted info in the wrong thread...Mondays
  20. Magnificent Loyal Player

What I've wanted to see for a while was solo content that made a player feel that their character was truly powerful by having them tear through tons of trash mobs to get to the boss. The sewer missions come close but just misses the mark. What I would like to see is something like that but with 2x the trash mobs at about half the difficulty. I'm not sure if there are hardware limitations on the PS3 that preclude this though.

Also, why is this zone separate from the rest of Gotham Under Siege?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.