Test Discussion Episode 27: Loot and Rewards Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derio 15000 Post Club

It will get locked. Use the new one created in the testing section.
  2. Defcon 0ne Well-Known Player

So youre saying anyting AF3 related should be posted on the Testing forum? Go to Gotham section and see how many AF3 related threads thats not locked.
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No, we're talking specifically about vendor gear pricing threads. There's no point having 27 different threads about the same subject.
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Nope, just saying following the rules = profit lol
  5. Defcon 0ne Well-Known Player

I thought so, If Gotham can have a discussion about AF3 4 star feats why cant we have one regarding Vendor gear pricing,
    • Like x 1
  6. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

they already confirm they are no longer working on lockboxes... so yeah...
    • Like x 1
  7. mexmex Dedicated Player

I dont know what are you talking about, I only play two hours per day, 3 times a week, so Have no idea what you are saying.
    All I am stating is the FACT all content is beatable at entry level, so who really cares if you reach the hieghest cr or not?
    My guess... you are not not good at reading comprension at all
  8. bmce84 Loyal Player

That's only because all content is released when we're above the minimum CR and very close to the suggested, but if you remember OC you know that's not always the case.
    • Like x 2
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

which makes me wonder why my sub includes keys for an item that wont improve my gameplay one bit (this goes for the vault too).
    • Like x 1
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Because your sub does not govern every other sub. You may have everything from the lockboxes that improves your gameplay, but that doesn't mean everyone else does.
    • Like x 3
  11. mexmex Dedicated Player

But still is the case for this next dlc, people beated even elite raids with few sp and 175cr groups
  12. bmce84 Loyal Player

Devs said once that content on test is supposed to be easier, just because people did it with 175 CR doesn't mean it will be the same on Live. Also I don't think everyone was 175 CR, you still have to beat normal which gave gear so some players would have leveled up before doing Elite, a couple of 175 CR players don't mean the whole group is 175.
  13. bmce84 Loyal Player

I know that, but now it seems I'm paying for someone else to enjoy it.
    • Like x 1
  14. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

I think you have your answer...
  15. mexmex Dedicated Player

Yes you a
    Yes, you right, but in all honesty, in a Long time we havent had content where you need to be max cr to beat anything, the content has being design to be beaten way below the max cr.
  16. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Ok. I sat back,.....read everything,.....listened to everyone's point of view. I will reserve my final analysis until we hear what the expected longevity/ life cycle of this episode is expected to be. Is it 3 months ?,.....Is it 6 ? That information can change everything. That being said,. there is no doubt that this a move in the right direction, albeit a painful one. It can be likened to breaking a bone in order to reset it, so that it can heal the right way. Painful, but necessary. I don't envy the Dev's,.....I am perhaps one of their most outspoken critics, nevertheless that are attempting to do something that needed to be done YEARS ago. Kudos Dev's. Thank You.

However, with that in mind, if this episode is, indeed designed to last only 3 to 4 months, the pricing needs to be adjusted every so slightly. The only justification I can see for leaving it this way, is if we are truly going back to launch. For example: T2 was the preeminent gear at launch. The first DLC howvever, Fight For The Light, didn't release gear that was better, just content, with some new trinkets, rings, and neck pieces that were slightly better for specific roles. If they are not going in that direction or the content is not designed to last 6 months, please adjust the prices.

As it stands now we need approximately 965 ancient coins. It would not be unreasonable to lower the cost to 765. A similar compromise could also be made regarding renown. Nothing crazy, because I believe heavily in grind. A gentle reduction would not be inappropriate.

We've had enough experience with "executive decisions" being made, against the will of those of us, who have been your most faithful and knowledgeable consumers, only for you to go back and change something that could have been avoided all together. That's how we arrived at this point. All mmo's must evolve. Yet, this is not evolution, it's regression. Please. I beg you to consider this. I ask this not for myself, I don't have a horse in this race, personally I love grind. Yet, I can understand why some are discouraged by the prices.

One final thought. We are all entitled to our own opinions. We can agree to disagree. That's what democracy is all about. BUT, we are not entitled to our own FACTS. I have been here from Alpha, Beta, and launch. Initially, this game was about grind. Brutal grind. That was the Chris Cao system. So, when I see people posting that it wasn't that way, I have to wonder are you being honest or are you embellishing ? Grinding solos and duos for Marks of Allegiance to buy gear from the various wings was brutal. Running Khan, Outer, Inner, BC3, with no replays, brutal. If you were in a league, you like myself did multiple runs for free. FOS 1-3, after the updates, with no replays brutal. As Bumbling Bee said, what they are proposing now is very similar to what we had then. If you don't like it, simply say you don't like it. Own it. But don't be untruthful and deny what this game was about when it came out.

It's fascinating that my enjoyment of the game improved tremendously by stepping away from these forums lol. It is truly a hot bed of theatricality and deception.
    • Like x 5
  17. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Well said sir. Well said
  18. BumblingB I got better.

*bows*
    [IMG]

Also, "BumblingB" or just "BB". lol I'm a beetle, not a bee. ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

lol.....
    • Like x 1
  20. spord Developer

Here are a few upcoming changes to what is on PC Test right now:

• PC TEST ONLY - The Test Server PvE Currency box will now grant both Ancient Coins and Champions of Olympus Commendation items.
    • PC TEST ONLY - EP27 Loot - The Amazon Fury III: Large Base Item Box now contains 10 random Base Items from Amazon Fury III and cost 64 Ancient Coins.
    • PC TEST ONLY - EP27 Loot - The Champions of Olympus Commendation items now grant 200 or 400 renown when used.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.