Dev Discussion Episode 16: Player Rewards

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by drenz, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

OK FIGURED IT OUT. DIRTY TRICK, DEVS. DIRTY TRICK.

There is a cap on how much elite gear you can get before a lockout engages. In order to dissolve the lockout, you have to run DC reg, earn a piece of 123, then go back to elite. This resets the counter and removes the lockout cap. The 123 elite pieces will drop like candy again. I battled through 19 elite runs (for a total of 57 boss fights), getting double 112 AFTER i got the initial four elite pieces...played through reg, then reset elite and got 123 elite chest, right off. The rest was history.
    Ran the idea past some leaguemates who gave it a go, who were in the same situation...and nearly had given up. They confirmed it. They are now farming the hell out of it once again. It's just a shame that you have to reset both reg AND elite to dissolve the gear cap.
    • Like x 2
  2. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

They already did...the 112 chest piece.
  3. CoolBreeze New Player

€50 euro spent is already too much for me to swallow, I have made the choice and am downloading a new MMO now. I may be back to see how things pan out in another 5-6 months or earlier if in the event a miracle happens and a new PVP season starts.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ully Committed Player

Has this been the experience for everyone else? I'd love to get confirmation from the community.
  5. Belthazur Dedicated Player

No this is untrue. I have a league mate who ran nothing but Elite and has 8 Pieces of Elite 4 on each role
  6. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Well Personally I have burnt through At least a thousand and crappy luck
  7. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

There is no other way, given mepps' post...that any other explanation is even possible. To miraculously get 123 elite several times after 58 boss fights of double 112 After running dc reg and choosing loot then going back to elite? THEN having several leaguemates in the same boat as me repeat what i did and get almost identical results. No way. You will never convince me of that magnitude of convergent coincidence.

The trick is that i was running elite to the exclusion of anything else,
    so that i didn't skewer off my "luck factor" by getting a rare piece of crap i didn't want or need.
    So i finally gave up, and ran reg, which i had not run and gotten loot from since i unlocked my progress point. Lo and behold, i run back into elite and 123 elite pops on first boss, 119 on Second, and 123 weapon on 3rd.

Players with "luck" as bad as mine, repeat those steps i outlined in my prior post, and see if we can get this verified. Someone mentioned getting more elite pieces than i did...this may be possible, there were other items i chose that first day when offerred my third 123 elite back piece. I chose the 123 weapon instead, and when offered my third set of elite boots, i chose a 119 weapon for my other role. The next 123 elite piece i got after that was the belt. That is when many "cap" seems to have fallen into place. So there may be truth to players having more pieces than i ended up choosing. I won't discount that. But we need to verify that running 123 reg and choosing from it's loot table is somehow a catalytic factor to obtain the rare gear from its elite counterpart.
  8. Fuerza Fenix Level 30

Mepps, I have done the new alert with three characters around 40 times already.
    My character Thormenta did the alert just three times, i was EXTREMELY lucky I got the chest elite.
    Polaris, my healer, did the alert around 12 times, I was EXTREMELY lucky I got the 123 feet.
    My main, El Atomo, did the alert around 25 times, probably more. I got two weapons (of course not the ones I would use, but... anyway) and the back elite.

I love this game, I have been here playing since the closed BETA, and I had no intentions of quitting the game.
    However I feel like this is a really bad and cruel joke.
    After spending around 1000 repeat marks I cant even consider using one of my alts for the alert because Im absolutely freaking out that Im getting NOTHING with my main and then I might get it with an alt, which happened before.
    Im not enjoying this drop rate, it makes me feel that its not rewarding me for replaying at all, I feel like If I keep trying I will just spend money and time trying to get something that in little time will be obsolete.

Please, reconsider this, Im not the only one, you are damaging your players with these policy and drop rates, not even Bombshell Paradox raid was like this.
    Most of us cant keep going on with this, we cant play and replay the alert without rewards, not even 1 alert each 5 gives me a 123 items, not even 1 alert each 10...
    Really. Think about it, you are killing the game and its population by doing this.
    • Like x 3
  9. CoolBreeze New Player

I think that being here and explaining this to the developers is something that needs to be done, however they are not going to change anything or fix broken drops until they are allowed to by the bean counters.

The bean counters will only take action on the bottom line.

Solution therefore is to abandon the game, until the numbers fall far enough to get the bean counters attention so that something will change.

I am glad I dont have to work as a games developer and answer to said bean counters as it would make it impossible for me to look a fellow gamer in the face knowing how badly we are ripping them off on purpose.
    • Like x 2
  10. Ichiro Loyal Player

Best in game quote I read yesterday

"why are they so stingy with the 123 gear?"
  11. CoolBreeze New Player

Start my new MMO today cancelled the sub for this one so I don't get a surprise charge next month.

See you all for the next PVP season, however I will never reset content again unless the community consensus is that its worthwhile.

Till then enjoy getting ripped of they already got €50 from me, I can only hope it helps some in the community save their cash.

Side Note:
    I know looking at my posts in this thread people can see that I am upset, but to be perfectly frank spending €50 to reset and rerun just one piece of alert content in a week to be meet with only bitter disappointment; who would not be.
  12. Rok Var Well-Known Player

The Elite Alert is hardly dropping anything but 112 gear. I've re set it a number of times, with the same result. The drops seem fine in the regular alert, although I'm getting way more 112 gear than I would have hoped. Have only gotten 112 gear from the solo.
  13. ChillCat Loyal Player

So your theory is you have to "cleanse" your bad luck periodically? Is that it?
  14. Sbel Devoted Player

15. Belthazur Dedicated Player

And As Always NOTHING to those who were Shafted During this Debacle
  16. Korlick Loyal Player

Is there going to be a separate feat for the Energy Armor and Energy Armor (Elite) style?
    I know in the past both, rare and elite gear shared the same feat, but now Im asking because it counts like two different styles. Even when you equip the gear, if you already have one or another, the style shows like if you didnt have it.
  17. drenz Developer

That is certainly not intended! I got a fix in for this today that should make it's way to Live servers shortly.

Thank you for reporting it!
    Drenz
    • Like x 4
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i was wondering about that myself cause we only get those two options in the Normal Alert as well on live.
  19. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I got that too. It guarantee a rare drop though ever time it happens. It's a bug though.
  20. killercomic Dedicated Player

Could someone please tell me what 123 gear drops in the reg DC. All I've seen is Weapon, Helmet and Gloves.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.