Dev Discussion Episode 16: Player Rewards

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by drenz, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graviton Well-Known Player

We must be the 10% then, or the bad luck meter reaches it's end around 10-15 runs through.
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Yea I ran the Elite AND NO OTHER CONTENT 6x Yesterday then All i did was Run Vault this morning and just ran Elite Again and NO Rare Deop
    I did see a 119 piece & a Intricate Treasure Chest (surley these are not Rare?)
  3. Ichiro Loyal Player

working as intended:D
    [IMG]
  4. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Also Anyone else Not getting Anything from T'Larto (First Boss in Oa Under Siege)
    • Like x 2
  5. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I call BS...NO way can you run with the same group X times and they get pieces and you dont.
  6. Ichiro Loyal Player

I didn't say who it was working as intended for;)
  7. Belthazur Dedicated Player

LOL Soo True...Or Maybe Beacuse I troll Elite And not Doing Dps Roll..Maybe thats killing my luck
    • Like x 1
  8. Ully Committed Player

I agree with everyone. There's something funky going on with the loot tables in the new alert, both N/E .:(
    • Like x 2
  9. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Is this intended? This was the drop off of Raven in Elite. I only had the choice of 2 pieces, there wasn't a mark/plan/base item option.
    • Like x 2
  10. Ichiro Loyal Player

I had this happen on my run as well.
  11. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Me too
  12. CoolBreeze New Player

I have in my 46 runs seen that occurrence four times and not just on Raven, I have seen it on James also.

A friend in my league is a maths guy so I gave him my number of runs, bosses done and elite pieces gained. He has worked it out as a 5% chance to get an elite piece.

I will continue to finish my 6 runs today later on then I will make a post and my friend will send me on the maths to go along with the final statistics so the community can see what the chances are and the cost associated with trying to get a full set of elite pieces will mean for them.
  13. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

The best solution to solve this is easy.

Let vendor gear be the highest gear in game.
    and let the carrot chasers have an Omnipotance to to chase or someting, but no gear.

But this luck based best gear drop , does harm the game and community more then it should be.

Elitism behavior and replayholics that cry, but hey that just me

#goaheadgrammarpolice
  14. Ully Committed Player

The same thing happened to me yesterday after the Jared fight.
  15. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

I've had same thing over and over ran elite 22 times in 2 day and saw nothing but 112 crap
  16. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Well is see nothing changed the dev still fibbing about the drop rate and are calling the players pretty much the fibbers and that ******** i have not run elit in last 2 days i will not replay or run it tell the fix it say we check this or that. we play the game we see the results and the drop rate dont lie i would have to run that 4 like three months befor i get a piece of elite if i ran only the weekly thats not right so no u did not check cause if u did u would have seen that it broken. evertime i ask a player if they got somthing out dc elit they say no they had 2 replay a a large sume of replays to get it the i hear that. 1 or 2 out of my league got them when they only played it a couple times if enything it 10 percent of the population getting the drop rate as they should but the rest get the pay to pay crap . That is what i have seen and feel. I love the community of dc but i dont tust or like the devs or who ever is behind the crap that this game has become over the year . Cause this is just as bad as Amazon fury2 drop rate was.
    • Like x 1
  17. CoolBreeze New Player

Update I have now ran and reset the ELITE Alert 52 times.

That is the EXACT equivalence of one years worth of game play time without the use of replay badges.

Did I manage to get all four pieces?

No

What was the over all replay badge cost for this..... 29 replays per reset times 52 == 1508 replays.

Which I buy in 350 for 10 euro so that is €50 euros worth of replay badges with 242 replays left over.

As the game designers have made the new affinity system that can only be unlocked with this elite gear that drops, it is now obvious to me that the entire system is set up to force players to spend heavily on replay badges.

I will no longer be a part of that myself and some league mates are currently discussing alternative games to relocate to.
    • Like x 3
  18. CoolBreeze New Player

I also thought about the game needing people to spend replays to survive in F2P.

However the 52 runs I undertook to showcase this for the community all happened in the SUBSCRIBER ONLY period. The free to play population have not even gotten access to this DLC yet.

Therefore that excuse can not be applied and even those who loyally support the game are being hounded to spend more real world cash on this game all the time an absolute deathblow to this community.

That is not the most worrying thing in all of this for me though, MOST of my concern stems from the fact that this is the flagship content of the new path for DCUO to take. Meaning its only the beginning of the end, the community will have to endure gear changes constantly and content that will be made easier and easier as they strive to ensure that the majority of the population will continue to buy replays in an attempt to get the elite pieces that will be the mainstay of each new episode.

It is a sad end to a game that has entertained me over 4 years on both PC and PS4
    • Like x 1
  19. TheSapphire Well-Known Player

Please add a style-only chest piece "I Beat The Elite And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt". :p
    • Like x 3
  20. PaolaFranco New Player

I really wish to my league base a bombshell airplane
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.