Empty Returned Mail

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Aiden Warren, May 23, 2013.

1. Dead_Corps New Player

when are you guys going to fix the empty attachments on returned mail bug?
  2. Notangie New Player

Sometimes there is a record of your mail, sometimes it glitches away and when you open a ticket they think you are scamming.

Don't send anything via mail unless you are willing to accept a loss. Shared bank or trade haven't burned me yet, but mail attachments disappear all the time (not just old mail, but more consistently with old mail) and support can't always track it to replace it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dead_Corps New Player

just bumping yet another thread about missing attachments in returned mail.

Lets get a fix going
    • Like x 1
  4. Dead_Corps New Player

I'm just going to keep on bugging them till they fix it or ban me.
    • Like x 1
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I lost more than 100 items already and if the broken attachements don't move into my inventory after the 30 day, then more than 200 more will be lost.

More than 300 items... when this was introduced we were promised we wouldn't loose our items and then this happened :mad:.
    • Like x 2
  6. CaputEnraged New Player

Please fix it!

Im losing a lot of items too.
    • Like x 3
  7. Kevington New Player

I've experienced this as well.

I lost three mails' content each with all five slots filled with exobytes and exobits. I got the most hilariously vague reply from customer service basically saying this is a "known issue" so they can't do anything about it right now. lol
    • Like x 1
  8. Kevington New Player

Did you ever get any solution to this for yourself?
    • Like x 1
  9. Tikkun Loyal Player

I experienced this too. Sent items to a friend who couldn't accept them with F2P. Now I get them back empty.
    • Like x 1
  10. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I am now waiting for the broken returned mails to be returned again....(or whatever happens then)
    • Like x 1
  11. Kevington New Player

Sheesh. And how long have you been waiting now?
    • Like x 1
  12. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Well, it is alway 30 days...I will have to wait till september to get the answer.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dead_Corps New Player

I did find one GM that teased me with a list of the loot I lost and I know this is just the tip of everything I lost so far

but when I replied to him another GM told me

which is about all they say "We know, so what?"
    • Like x 1
  14. Dead_Corps New Player

15. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

After 30 days the empty returned mails vanish along with the broken attachements...they don't get dropped into the inventory :(. Therefore my last hope was crushed.

Vote the first post up, if you lost more than 100 items or something valuable!

In my case I lost more than 300 items already and those are only the ones I know of........ :eek:
    Devs! Rescue us from that black hole in the mailing system!
    • Like x 1
  16. Kevington New Player

FYI, I got the standard "we can't do anything" response.

I then escalated the issue by re-opening the ticket with a polite but firm message noting how long I'd been a Legendary subscriber (since launch) and the amount of money I had spent in game. I thanked them for their great service in the past and let them know that I was looking forward to that level of service and promptness around the mail issue.

I got a message back later that day that a GM would be mailing me my lost items and they were there that evening.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are continuing to investigate this issue, and appreciate any further information that can be provided.
    • Like x 1
  18. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Thanks for the reminder, totally forgot to post that:

I had this happend again lately. I got 4 mails back to different chars, which I all sent a specific mule. All had the attachement-symbol, when I recieved them back with 4 different toons, but three of them didn't contain any items, when I opened them.
    I kept the incoming empty mails to write support-tickets, but forgot about that.

The returned empty mails are 9 days old now.
  19. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Is there a difference in the name on the toon who didn't receive the mail? Maybe a space or special symbol in the name? I noticed recently, that I haven't gotten empty returned mails on toons that don't have a space in their name...

example: I received plenty of empty returned mails on Vicci Victory, but the returned mails on FrighteningLightning were fine.
  20. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

Not sure if this is related or not, but in case it is I will post this here. I noticed a similar issue. Currently this is on my test characters, but I will see if I get the same thing for live.

I noticed that originally I would have the attachment symbol (the one that says your mail has an attachement) but when I looked at the mail itself there was no attachment there, even when there should be. Going back into mail removed the attachment symbol.

However in all cases there should be attachments as these were mails received by the system for completing milestones. Specifically in this case unlocking Legends and your second role.

I had yet to collect any of the attachments and the mails were well UNDER the 30 days limit.

Again I have not checked this on live, but I will and get back on that.