Empty Returned Mail

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Aiden Warren, May 23, 2013.

1. muellersascha Well-Known Player

I have also never received an email back with attachments. They are always missing. A couple dozen at least most of which contained rare drop collections. Just had 5 come back empty last week.
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This remains as unfixed as ever. Not just week after week, and not just month after month, but now, year after year, it remains still unfixed.
    • Like x 1
  3. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

Add me to the list of people not getting attachments. trying to sort out collection items into storage alts, and ended up getting side tracked actually working on characters.

End result, a few mails were returned to other characters after 30 days and I can't get the attachments on them.
  4. KildareSmudge Well-Known Player

I've gotten a couple of these as well, but the one I got last night, I didn't even know who the recipient was. I never sent this person anything, so I don't think it was real.
  5. TheRealDeathern New Player

This is still broken and has been forever. File a ticket? I cannot remember what was sent by whom to whom when... how can I report something I don't remember doing or what the contents of the delivery was...
    • Like x 2
  6. Ebon Angel New Player

True. This has been happening for more than a year. Mepps did a post about a rumored "fix" in May 2014 but that thread is now closed. For the past 2 months, ever since I received an empty returned mail notice, I now receive a phantom mail notification every time I log in. The odd thing is that I log into every toon I have weekly, every Friday, so I have no idea how these items are returned as unclaimed. The game mail is extremely laggy so I fear these items were "lost" within the system and never sent. No matter, this should have been fixed by now.
    • Like x 2
  7. TheRealDeathern New Player

I get phantom mail as well. Every time I log, I have that "you've got mail" icon and everyday I check it and its bogus... I cannot stand to see that little icon, I may have just a touch of OCD...
    • Like x 2
  8. Ebon Angel New Player

It's like a ringing phone...I have it too! :)
  9. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I have had this happen recently as well, I have forgotten about items in emails then they get returned and are not in the return email. I am not even going to bother with a ticket, it's not worth the effort for the waste of time that it is.
    • Like x 2
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This problem finally disappeared for me a couple of hotfixes ago, within the past two months. Thank you, devs, even though it took you literally years to finally get to this.
  11. Ebon Angel New Player

This still persists for me. In fact, I ALWAYS have the mail icon with no mail every time I log in.
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

That's a separate issue. I'm referring to the issue of not logging into your alts for a month, so mail to them is auto-returned to sender when you do finally log in to the alt, and the cured (for me, at least) problem was that the items originally sent disappeared into the aether when "returned."

Now the items are finally actually being returned, and not lost.
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I did experience a broken attachment recently. It was due to sending an aura via mail to a free to play player (not knowing at the time he was free to play). The aura returned to me in a broken attachment 30 days later. Sadly, I lost the aura completely. I guess returned mail does not work if sent to a player who cannot receive attachments.
  14. Ebon Angel New Player

Did you read my post? Empty mail without returned items is still happening to me AND I always have mail icon.