Electricity Healing (>35% to low)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Gr33dyMoney, May 3, 2013.

1. Gr33dyMoney New Player

I never sugguest an "overhaul" just to make the effect of electricity work sooner...
  2. Tule New Player

Whatever. It doesn't need to be changed. Just run with better players.
  3. Meta Flare New Player

i think the 35% is fine. i am an electric healer and the power is fine. the only thing about electric healing that needs changed is arc lightning needs to be able to jump to you and e-gen should have a slightly shorter cool down. its at 22 secs now i think and lasts 9. i should last 9 and take 15 to cool down. the 35% emergency heal is fine as there are only 2 powers that apply and one is a super. its there as a supplement not the main mechanic.

also we do need a 35% finisher.
  4. MrKappaKappaPsi New Player

I really don't understand 2 things-
    1. why people don't fully read the original poster's statement
    2. why people would argue against a powerset they use being better.
    The original OP is correct. I believe 45% is a great number and would allow us greater time to heal if spike damage continues.
    He never said make electric like nature or sorcery, or give electric a shield. I do agree the scoreboard is irrelevant however as a competitive game in general those numbers are important to some players.
    Now when it comes to efficiency the 45% would make electric more efficienct not over powered in the slightest
    I also notified that both nature & sorcery have effects that boost their heals,
    sorcery - golden aura, soul wells
    nature - bug form, pheremones for blossom , hive mind.
    for electric to still retain it uniqueness but still be on par wit other healing sets. I thought itd be cool if people withe the charge on them could have increased crit magnitude maybe 10% or a 5% crit chance boost on them.
    (one or the other because both would be too much)
    • Like x 1
  5. blklightning New Player

I wouldn't same that it's not on the same level. I'd say that it's different. I like to look at the scorecard when I heal. I pay attention to my heals compared to the other person AND our respective power consumptions. Sometimes I massively out heal and sometimes I'm massively out healed. Depends on how well others know their powersets.

Anway... as you already know, elec focuses on burst heals. We are phenomenal at it. Sure, we can't get those massive numbers from the ever present HoT's, but we can bring an entire raid team back from the brink of death with a slap of Galvanize clipped with Ionic Drain. Electrogenesis is decent at what it does. It's a dangerous HoT to do correctly. Roll in, cast on tank, roll out and watch the green numbers fly.

The 35% safely net makes me plenty happy. I'd like to see it kick in sooner, but Nature/Sorcery usually prevent that. That it's there, and can go off when needed, is what matters. I've seen it spike someone to full health from a near ko. Raising the threshold would be more like topping people off. The burst heal could end up healing for more than was needed. I dunno... it's all good to me.

I'm happy with how electric heals. I don't feel inferior to the other powers, cuz I'm required to be more in the fray to do my job well. Ranged healing and elec don't necessarily go hand in hand.
  6. P1nk13 P13 New Player

Happens to me ALOT
    To the OP, I kinda agree but Electric needs better HOTs more than it needs higher safety net percentage (just as much as Sorcery needs better bursts) you have to agree, hearing people say "NONONONONONONONO!" when they go down below 35% then suddenly your safety net kicks and you hear a sigh of relief is just so satisfying.
    • Like x 3
  7. Cicatrix New Player

I think electrogenesis should be a stronger heal overall. Now the whole scoreboard loadout think is silly biocapacitor works as last chances automatic heal, a safety net. I'll agree that their are sometimes where I feel as an electric healer that I'm not doing much. I feel like a back up healer, I guess nature and sorcery has stronger HoTs so its when someone losses health they get healed right back up.
    • Like x 1
  8. Toxiic Committed Player

Just for some ideas I think Electrogenisis cool down should be a little faster than 13 seconds (i think?) seeing that I can only get it to heal 3 people maybe 4 of someone runs to me. IMO only to heal 2-4 people the power shouldn't have a long cooldown. And pls pls pls I hope that galvanize's HoT's should actually heal more than 10-20.

Since we are talking about electric i have a question. Would tesla ball be an efficient PI set up for electroburst?

Back to the topic.. Ok so i don't think the net needs to be raised because with other heals there is rarely any use for the net but when we fight bosses that one shot the net kicks in and usually fills their health bar. If anything i'd want to put HoTs on the net so we can heal i little bit more since our HoTs are both weak and have long cooldown
    • Like x 1
  9. Radium Devoted Player

Stop comparing Healing powers with the scoreboard please?

The point isn't to compare powers, the point is to have 2 powers that can complement each other. Get a HoT healer and a burst Healer and you're set.
    • Like x 1
  10. Meta Flare New Player

The nets do not save you from one shots.
    • Like x 1
  11. Gr33dyMoney New Player

actually there are numerous times ive been "brought back from the dead" or gotten a "jesus heal" from elec.. but do u think the net should kick in sooner or stay as is?
  12. Gr33dyMoney New Player

thank you! one person that actually can read!
  13. Gr33dyMoney New Player

i believe Galvanize is like Cross Polly... effecting only those of 5 meters of the last target hit
  14. Epic Wins New Player

I was thinking the same thing, I can't take OP thread seriously since he does not understand how each healing power works.
  15. Gr33dyMoney New Player

tell me how do i not understand each healing power correctly? i sed sorc is area heals, nat is HoT (stacking) and elec is instaheals..... actually i cant take you seriously because u dont kno how to read.. and go ahead make a grammer joke, ahaha funny ...

seriously is every1 on these forums dicks these days? i say do u think the 35% is too low and i get a whole bunch of ********..
  16. PurpCity New Player

The thing about nature is that it's not JUST HoT's (stacking). While you can stack 4 separate HoT's with nature, they are used primarily to set up a burst heal, consuming all of the small HoT's and combining it into a massive group heal. It's the group bursting that allows nature healers to solo heal content easily (especially when the group is spread out).

To directly answer your question: No, I don't think the 35% heal is too low. Sure it would make electric healing better but I just don't see it as being necessary. The only change I'd like to see done to bio-capacitor is for the charge to go on the target with the lowest health + others rather than the 3 closest people to you.

The healing power sets are meant to compliment each other, not compete against each other. It's seriously not hard to out heal someone as all it takes is 2 good controllers and spam spam spam.
  17. Toxiic Committed Player

Ok well maybe not one shots but when people stand in the "pancakes" or hot floors in prime/gates or get hit by the purple ball in fos 2 its really helpful
    • Like x 1
  18. Lokkii Committed Player

yea i can read too, and after reading this thread, you both need to tweak your skill level, electrcity is fine
  19. 13igtyme Devoted Player

You still don't know anything about the other power sets.
  20. Gr33dyMoney New Player

wtf are u talking about, we are talking about healing powersets, what does any other powerset have to do with it?
    u had nothing to say so u sed that bs line...

im done responding to you so go ahead and say watever u want because i can tell ur one of them ppl who want the last word

PS; dont try and tell some1 what they do and donot know, hopefully we can look past this and agree with each other in another thread...