Electricity Healing (>35% to low)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Gr33dyMoney, May 3, 2013.

1. Gr33dyMoney New Player

Now I have a Nature Healer alt (81cr 53sp) and i understand each healing has a different mechanic

Nature prioritize in HoT
    Sorcery prioritize in Area-Heals
    Electricity prioritize on Insta-Heals

But when im able to outheal full t4 elec with 100+sp I think their is a problem
    now i know there is some BEAST electric players, i have sum in my league... but thats not what this thread is about

I think the 35% is a little bit too low and that it should be pushed to 40% or even 45% and below

for example, look at the FNL with Odyssey.. When they showed the scoreboard the Nature Healer had 1Million+ more healing out then the elec healer.... im just trying to balance the healing powers so please lets push this
    • Like x 1
  2. John New Player

Electric healing should have a 35%er
  3. Gr33dyMoney New Player

did u read the OP? im not sayin a 35% damage attack, im talking about healing
  4. MARK2099 New Player

If you are outhealing electricity is because good electricity healers only use their burst when are need it (what only players keep up is electrogenesis which is a HOT with long cooldown short duration), not everytime a player get little damage like most noobs do for the sake of score, as example last week i run Gates with 2 healers in full T4 mods IV, at the end of the raid HEALER A heal for 300k using only 45k power and HEALER B heal for close 400k using 250k power :confused:, obviously HEALER B was spamming heals over and over just to get little more of score, at the end doesn't matter who heal more, or heal out have to reflect power in, otherwise look score is a waste of time, electricity healers are fine for pve, good players appreciate the safety net with burst and low use in power.
    • Like x 1
  5. Gr33dyMoney New Player

perfect point... the "power hungry healer" was going for numbers.. and still barely hit the mark

now i love the safetynet but im just saying the 35% is low , it should be pushed to 40% or 45% to keep on par with sor and natty heals...
    because lets face it, its UNDERPOWERED and cost too much power to get the heals
  6. Sumeric New Player

Heal as necessary because scorecard numbers are irrelevant. The goal is to win the raid, not to compete with the second healer.
    • Like x 1
  7. BrotherMutant New Player

I agree with the OP that the level should be raised. I also posted elsewhere that I wish the devs would allow the "charge" on you to go off after the time limit (for a lame low heal, say half strength). The idea being the safety net is useless until needed currently and if you or the other healer is doing their job, the safety net rarely, if ever, gets used. In that other post, I had all kinds of ideas for making Elec a little more friendly to make a heal/dps dual spec build (the only real healing set IMHO that can't easily do both without a full respect).
  8. BrotherMutant New Player

Please tell this to the DPS while your at it.
    • Like x 2
  9. Sumeric New Player

Like I don't already know THAT's going to fall on deaf ears... lol
    • Like x 2
  10. Sumeric New Player

But back to the issue of 35% vs 40-45% etc...

As an electric healer, who has only ever been electric, I don't think it should be raised. The >35% is supposed to help cope with spike damage, so the hit that is going to take you below 35 would have already taken you below 40 or 45 anyway...

Yes, if it happens to trigger earlier, I'd have bigger numbers at the end of the day, but it would also have the unintended consequences of both being too overpowered and would, in my opinion, make healing with my fav powerset too lazy and not very engaging.

The safety-net heals hit the recipient with roughly half of their health bar (in pve, anyway) worth of health, sometimes a little less, sometimes more than that. If it triggers at slightly under 50% health, then I'm basically a god.
  11. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I think the op is off on his generalization of the healing powers. Sorcery is area hot, electricity is burst and nature is both burst and hot.
    • Like x 1
  12. Gr33dyMoney New Player

thank you, all im saying is Elec is not on the same level as Sorc and Nature
  13. WL Corpsman New Player

Galvanize needs to be investigated also. Sometimes it skips. Power taken but no heal given. Its a expanding circular area of effect heal supposedly getting stronger with each heal but sometimes it doesn't even heal the healer casting.
    • Like x 1
  14. PurpCity New Player

It shouldn't matter which healer has the most healing out. The only thing that matters is if both healers are healing effectively and efficiently.

The reason why the numbers from that FNL looked a little odd is because of the nature of the content. With nature specializing in group heals AND the need for the group to stay spaced out to avoid mass 1-shots, of course the nature healer would out heal the electric (if that electric is running one of the normal load outs).

I'll admit, I'd like to see the bio-cap 35% charge go on the person it actually heals +2 or 3 others but besides that, we need to adapt our play-styles for upcoming content.
  15. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Fixed it for ya.

P.s. If you really want the healing powers fixed, then sorcery should also get burst heals, while buffing up electricity's HoT's.
  16. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I think the purpose of the different healing strengths is so that each power can excel in different areas of a raid. And diversity and playing each others strengths is important.
    • Like x 1
  17. WL Corpsman New Player

absolutely right about it shouldn't matter. with new raid content, ALL powers should be balanced and in fair standings at both support and DPS. no secret the ongoing "flavor of the month" power set needs to be changed. I'm sure we all seen leagues where all their DPS was super speed and flavor of the month. point being, have all powers balanced so you don't need to feel that I have to be flavor of the month to get something done.
  18. Tule New Player

Just because you play with bad electricity healers doesn't mean the power need an overhaul.
  19. Zpirit Dedicated Player

But that is not balance. Just HoTs sucks when your allies are taking DoTs for 5x as much as your HoTs will heal for. So sorcery is forced to spam rejuv all day. While electric has almost no good HoTs. When these new raids come out, watch how you will rarely see a sorcery healer trying to get these raid done, then see if they can do it.
  20. Kristyana New Player

As an electric healer, I don't think the <35% heal should be raised.

The reason being that in appropriate content, if you get hit hard enough where your health goes bye bye in one shot so the effect doesn't trigger, then you're doing something wrong, not the healer. No healer would be able to keep you alive in that situation.

It's an awesome mechanic but if that ends up being your main method of healing people, something in the playstyle needs to change.